Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stress Test results: Walker No Shine Tape -Part II
09-10-2009, 05:30 AM,
Stress Test results: Walker No Shine Tape -Part II
Well, as you may have read before, I've had some very good strength-of-bond results with this stuff.
This weekend, however, I took it to a whole new level!!! I had attached on Monday night with a full perimeter only Walker tape bond on my all lace (French). Went through my work week, rinse out soakings in the shower, plus a heavy workout on Friday. Saturday, went to the beach on holiday for the long weekend, spending all day Saturday body surfing/Boogie Board surfing. We had a point with some really powerful waves and I got my ass busted! If you catch a wave too late in the curl, ya getting pile-drive-dumped! I had about 3 or 4 of those, with one planting me straight on my head ( note: it actually served as a chiropractic adjustement, as stuff cracked from my neck to my tailbone as my body was jackknifed!! ).
I came up checking each time & my piece did not budge!! Not that I would have minded, not knowing anyone there but my family & not giving a krap nickel for detractor's opinions. I did notice lift at one small front edge point of the hairline the next day, but that was my fault; I forgot about the oils in suntan lotion & extended too close/into to the hairline when I applied on Sat.
Still, I simply combed down & spent Sunday @ the pool, Monday in heavy winds on the boardwalk & with the Sunroof/windows open doing 80mph on the drive home.
09-10-2009, 09:09 AM,
Re: Stress Test results: Walker No Shine Tape -Part II
Mr. New York,
Thanks for your real world assessment of Walker No Shine tape. That's the kind of testing we like to read about! It doesn't get more real than that!
Regards,
John
09-11-2009, 06:25 AM,
Tim - now that I remove every Saturday night/attach Sunday morning per my new job, I found that I can leave 91% injected on the tape for 5 minutes, pull it up, then soak the peice just around the perimeter in the 91% for 5 minutes, and the whole thing peels off with zero residue.
I tried the Stick-It: can't use at the hairline, maybe WaWorks weakens the bond, but it ended up lifting for me. Also a slight rash.
09-11-2009, 03:16 PM,
I started using the StickIt tape a few weeks ago and, so far, am very happy with it.
I wear for 7 days at a time (all lace). I use tape around the sides and back with BaseBond in the front.
I get the same results as timguyperson.
No problems at all with a 7 day hold. No residue of any kind on the lace or my scalp when I release.
So far perfect.
I had been using NRT tape for about a year and a half and have been happy with it. It does get a little icky after the 7 days but still left no residue on either the lace or my scalp.
The StickIt tape is not the least bit messy after 7 days.
I use 99% alcohol to release and both tapes release perfectly from the lace and immediately, with the tape staying on my scalp, as it should.
So, over all, I am more than pleased with the StickIt tape.

I was going to try the Walkers, but with all the talk about the somewhat of a mess that it can leave, I never did try it. The NRT, like I said, gets a little gooky by the end of 7 days, but all the goog stays on the tape, not on the lace or my scalp.

Smile
Fred
09-12-2009, 06:27 AM,
timguy,

you may have already posted this somewhere else, but have you used supertape and compared it to walker no shine and stickit. walker cleans up with mirror sliding.. does supertape take the same amount of mirror slide or is it more like the stickit?
09-13-2009, 07:53 PM,
Fred and others.........

Is the actual name of the tape, "Stick It Tape " , and where can I buy it ?
Automatically went to Debbies site first, but did not see any similar there, unless I'm overlooking it ?

Thank You:

johnny/albuquerque
09-14-2009, 06:20 AM,
Thanks Tim for the help..........

I ordered some from Coolpiece.

Thanks...johnny/ABQ