Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hard to find details on full caps
04-20-2011, 12:11 PM,
RE: Hard to find details on full caps
(04-11-2011, 07:13 AM)andAstro Wrote: My questions are:

1) I was told that, as using full cap implies in having the replacement on a big area with growing hair, liquid glue would mess things up with the growing hair and make the replacement attachment very week. So I should only use as much tape as possible. Please, any advice on that is very important to me as I would very much prefer to rely as much as possible on the liquid glue if it has the same reliability. Even if I have to replace the full cap twice a week, for instance.

It sounds like you are planning on keeping your existing hair? Depending on how much hair you have left this is going to be very difficult, especially long term. Glue will definitely be messy.

Quote:2) Does using full cap on the growing hair scratches too much?

Not sure about the base being itchy over growing hair, but I do know that french lace does tend to cause more irritation, especially in areas that aren't attached well.

Quote:3) With SFS-100 with 80% density, what is your experience when someone rapidly moves hands on your head/hair wearing the replacement? I understand that no replacement can be really all-undetectable for touching, but would like to hear from you how easy it is to touch-detect with a full cap (as much of the forum questions on that are on the hair partial pieces).

Overall I would say that full caps are less detectable to touch than partial units due to the fact that there is no join area on the scalp itself.

That said, the nape area can be an issue if it isn't attached correctly. With a fresh attachment it is very hard to detect a full cap anywhere, but as the lace begins to lift (especially if you use tape) the nape can become more detectable to touch than a partial since you don't have the benefit of having some growing hair to provide a smoother transition.
(04-11-2011, 08:42 AM)Paul In Ireland Wrote: JRob is a wearer of full-caps and used to post regularly here ..he has a wealth of information on the whole full-cap area.....he has his own site now and he had been working on producing a DVD of the whole thing .. last time I checked out his site, a few weeks back, it was `down` but I just checked it now and it`s ok again....he seems to have finally finished the DVD and it`s available I think ... I must have a proper look when I post this reply to you. You can check out his site and I think it should answer every thing you want to know.... http://hairjive.com/ .... regards, Paul.
p.s. I checked the site but the link to the DVD is not operational but the e-book on templates/materials etc is available ..have a read there .

Hey Paul, I'm still around! trying hard to get a few loose ends tied up and although I can't say an exact date it's getting veeeery close!

Good to see you're still around as well.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hard to find details on full caps - JRob - 04-20-2011, 12:11 PM