Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hard to find details on full caps
05-03-2011, 08:21 PM,
RE: Hard to find details on full caps
To andAstro : I haven`t re-read the whole thread again there as I`m a bit pressed for time, but your last post there......... if you have strong/good sides and back I wouldn`t entertain going the full-cap route. A topper with the correct density/colour will be enough for you to be getting used-to rather than diving in at the `` deep end`` [ so to speak] .... the standard advice is keep as much of your own hair as long as you can.....why get rid of `good / strong` growing hair? You`ll only `make`work for yourself. Most guys regret losing ANY hair in the first place and do their best to hold on to it as long as possible...you`re talking of getting rid of perfectly good strong hair [which will continually need to be shaved back]...just go with a nice topper until / if mother nature forces you to go full-cap. It`s far easier to deal with a topper , as a newbie , than going the whole hog with a full-cap.....full-caps have/bring their own particular issues.....ease yourself into wearing with a topper first...the experience you will gain, will stand to you if you eventually are forced to go full-cap.
Henry: What you are talking about IS a very very real issue for many wearers, especially younger ones who expect to attract partner[s]....... I have had this issue in the past, so I totally `get`how real it is.....I made a conscious decision after being busted once, long time back, the if I was/am to continue wearing, that I am up-front and honest about the fact that I wear...... if anyone has a problem with it..it`s just that...THEIR problem, not mine and if they can`t handle the fact and they see you as somehow less then ``100% real`` well then it say`s more about them than it does you and you`re just as well off without any involvement with that individual.....there is no point in literally sweating about not if , but WHEN a partner will eventually tumble to the fact that you wear.... close intimate -contact situations will inevitably lead a person to discover that you wear..you`ll get away with it for so long, but not forever...... so just get it out in the open sooner rather than later....you wear for YOU and not for others to `put you down`.....just my attitude to it all..cheers, Paul.
05-04-2011, 01:51 AM,
Exactly, there is too much stigma, and people can be quick to judge. I asked a close friend what she thought of hair pieces, and she said as long as it looks good she doesn't mind. This is swaying me to go for a larger piece. But then there is stigma about a lot of things like depression etc, I think in general people are quick to judge, but as you get older it gets less and less. As long as wearing hair doesn't take over your life too much, the size of my piece means it takes more work trying to get the blend and colour right. My preference is to date girls over 24, by which point they are more open minded and mature.
05-06-2011, 12:43 PM,
I've been wearing full caps now for at least 6 years, and I am well pleased. The only problem with them is in the hottest days of summer when they can be uncomfortable to wear. The head definitely perspires more as the lace even holds in the heat somewhat. I use a skin perimeter on a lace base. I much prefer the skin for attactment with either tape or glue. I wear about a 2-3 inch length which conceals the hairline and sides quite well. My girlfriend of almost 4 years still does not know I wear a unit. She still thinks it is my real hair, and she's felt it numerous times. I only have to shave my own remaining hair every 2 weeks. I've never found a glue I am 100% happy with, but in winter/cooler months I can get away with I-Glue then vapon no tape glue during summer, but it only holds for a max of 2 days. The toulene based waterproof medical grade glue has to be used for extended wear or swimming in hot weather. I've been wearing 70% density and freestyle. My biggest fear is having to reduce the density as I'm aging and 70% is too thick for my age. I've tried 60% and the front hairline base thinskin shows through...so not wearable except with a hat which means I'll have to go with a lace front and all the cleaning/maintenance that goes with it uuugh!
05-06-2011, 08:51 PM,
Interesting that you have poly [ I assume when you say `Skin`you mean poly?] perimiter as the general wisdom seems to be that it`s not very practical for fullcaps.....I`m waiting on my first [all-lace] fullcap ......up to now have always had a poly strip around the edge with a lace -front........honestly, there is very little `extra` work you`d face from having a lace front...allow the lace-release to penetrate/break the bond, and most if not all the residue of the glue is on the scalp..the trick is to allow the glue to go really tacky/clear before pressing the lace onto it...the resultant clean-up is much more straightforward. Poly is tough in wear and very easy to clean/peel tapes off of..... I`ll see how I get on with the all -lace system and may re-order poly strips on a subsequent order if I think I can get away with it...Paul.