Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hard to find details on full caps
04-11-2011, 07:13 AM,
Hard to find details on full caps
Hello everybody, I am very newbie here and that’s my first day at the forum. =)

As I am going to debut at the hair replacement path (with a full cap for the whole head), I would first like to ask you 3 very important questions to me. Please keep in mind I am planning to go with a SFS TL-100, density of 80% except in the front where I will go 70% or 60% (yes, my natural hair is amazingly dense).

My questions are:

1) I was told that, as using full cap implies in having the replacement on a big area with growing hair, liquid glue would mess things up with the growing hair and make the replacement attachment very week. So I should only use as much tape as possible. Please, any advice on that is very important to me as I would very much prefer to rely as much as possible on the liquid glue if it has the same reliability. Even if I have to replace the full cap twice a week, for instance.

2) Does using full cap on the growing hair scratches too much?

3) With SFS-100 with 80% density, what is your experience when someone rapidly moves hands on your head/hair wearing the replacement? I understand that no replacement can be really all-undetectable for touching, but would like to hear from you how easy it is to touch-detect with a full cap (as much of the forum questions on that are on the hair partial pieces).

My very thanks for you in advance, fellows!
04-11-2011, 08:42 AM,
RE: Hard to find details on full caps
Hello andAstro...welcome to the forum.
Your first question..... many guys still have [very thin] hair still growing ..you just keep it shaved ....it causes no particular issue....... makes no difference whether you use glue and/or tape ..it`s a matter of finding what `suits`you best ..they come in various strengths too .. so it`s really a matter of personal choice or what you find easiest for your self. You simply use lace -release to break the bond and solvents to remove the residue form the scalp etc...
Your 2nd question.... I`m not fully sure what you mean but I think you are asking if the growing hair will feel itchy ? No... you just keep it shaved down when you have removed your system ...there should be no noticeable itching .... maybe if you were sweating a lot you might feel a bit itchy, but that`s more from the acids etc. in sweat rather than the hair.
Your third question.... the hair in Toplace systems is `Remy`hair ..which means it`s only lightly processed and retains it`s outer [cuticle] layer so if someone runs their hand through it, it feels soft and natural......heavily-processed hair feels dry and coarse and is detectable to touch. Also, with a full-cap the perimeter is much lower down from the top of the head so the `join`[bond] line is far less likely to be detected than on a topper.... sometimes maybe, a little part of the perimeter of a topper might not be glued/taped fully down or have become slightly `loose`and it`s possible a finger could snag it if a person were to run their fingers up `against` it .....
JRob is a wearer of full-caps and used to post regularly here ..he has a wealth of information on the whole full-cap area.....he has his own site now and he had been working on producing a DVD of the whole thing .. last time I checked out his site, a few weeks back, it was `down` but I just checked it now and it`s ok again....he seems to have finally finished the DVD and it`s available I think ... I must have a proper look when I post this reply to you. You can check out his site and I think it should answer every thing you want to know.... http://hairjive.com/ .... regards, Paul.
p.s. I checked the site but the link to the DVD is not operational but the e-book on templates/materials etc is available ..have a read there .
04-11-2011, 11:11 PM,
I wouldn't go more than 4-5 days wearing a fullcap. It does depend on how much hair is growing back though. I had intense itching at times, to the point where the nape on one piece shed so much, it was unwearable. But if you get your routine down it can work. When you apply tape I liked to cover most of the head, so I'd use 4-5 long strips of blue liner tape across, to minimise how much the piece moves, the less it moves, the less irratation you'll get. Blue liner I found to be the best tape, supertape was too itchy for me. Good luck!
04-12-2011, 12:00 AM,
I think that itching is more to do with the product/adhesive material on the tape than to hair-growth....has anyone used `Got2Bglued` for the main scalp area with a full-cap and maybe just normal glue or tape for the perimeter.... I `m thinking of doing that when the new system arrives.... can`t see why it wouldn`t work.... Paul.
04-12-2011, 01:41 AM,
The itching was more at the nape. My skin was red there for a long long time, even when I started wearing a partial. It took about a month for the skin on the nape to go back to normal.

Using the got2bglue, could work out for the middle part of the scalp. I would try it out and test it. Personally I seem to go the tried and tested stuff that has worked in the past. Blue liner in strips. It starts to break down after a week, with heavy exercise during the week. So If I do the reatach at the sweet spot, clean up isnt bad.

And if clean up is bad, bubble wrap is the best thing I found. The bubble wrap slide beats everything I've tried. I've tried using foil but it pushes the glue into the lace more. It does an ok job, but the bubbles on the wrap get rid of all the glue. I have a massive roll, I cut 3 sheets about a4 and use that. Desolvit helps, I use the one called "sticky stuff" on their website. This way I don't have to worry about the clean up being a hassle, but I do need to get a backup piece.
04-20-2011, 12:11 PM,
(04-11-2011, 07:13 AM)andAstro Wrote: My questions are:

1) I was told that, as using full cap implies in having the replacement on a big area with growing hair, liquid glue would mess things up with the growing hair and make the replacement attachment very week. So I should only use as much tape as possible. Please, any advice on that is very important to me as I would very much prefer to rely as much as possible on the liquid glue if it has the same reliability. Even if I have to replace the full cap twice a week, for instance.

It sounds like you are planning on keeping your existing hair? Depending on how much hair you have left this is going to be very difficult, especially long term. Glue will definitely be messy.

Quote:2) Does using full cap on the growing hair scratches too much?

Not sure about the base being itchy over growing hair, but I do know that french lace does tend to cause more irritation, especially in areas that aren't attached well.

Quote:3) With SFS-100 with 80% density, what is your experience when someone rapidly moves hands on your head/hair wearing the replacement? I understand that no replacement can be really all-undetectable for touching, but would like to hear from you how easy it is to touch-detect with a full cap (as much of the forum questions on that are on the hair partial pieces).

Overall I would say that full caps are less detectable to touch than partial units due to the fact that there is no join area on the scalp itself.

That said, the nape area can be an issue if it isn't attached correctly. With a fresh attachment it is very hard to detect a full cap anywhere, but as the lace begins to lift (especially if you use tape) the nape can become more detectable to touch than a partial since you don't have the benefit of having some growing hair to provide a smoother transition.
(04-11-2011, 08:42 AM)Paul In Ireland Wrote: JRob is a wearer of full-caps and used to post regularly here ..he has a wealth of information on the whole full-cap area.....he has his own site now and he had been working on producing a DVD of the whole thing .. last time I checked out his site, a few weeks back, it was `down` but I just checked it now and it`s ok again....he seems to have finally finished the DVD and it`s available I think ... I must have a proper look when I post this reply to you. You can check out his site and I think it should answer every thing you want to know.... http://hairjive.com/ .... regards, Paul.
p.s. I checked the site but the link to the DVD is not operational but the e-book on templates/materials etc is available ..have a read there .

Hey Paul, I'm still around! trying hard to get a few loose ends tied up and although I can't say an exact date it's getting veeeery close!

Good to see you're still around as well.
04-20-2011, 10:23 PM,
Hey JRob ..nice to see you back on again... let us know when the DVD is finally available... I`ll post a few pics when the new system arrives/is styled.... cheers for now.. Paul.
04-21-2011, 09:53 AM,
(04-20-2011, 10:23 PM)Paul In Ireland Wrote: Hey JRob ..nice to see you back on again... let us know when the DVD is finally available... I`ll post a few pics when the new system arrives/is styled.... cheers for now.. Paul.

Definitely Paul. We are down to very, very minor revisions and as much as I would like to just say "it's DONE", I have came this far with it so I might as well take the extra time to polish up the finishing touches. I'm actually editing a trailer for it as we speak which will be uploaded to youtube as soon as it is finished.

I'm anxious to see your first full cap. You have been in the game for awhile so you should be able to get a very good result right out of the gate.
05-01-2011, 04:44 PM,
Dears,

First of all, let me apologize for taking so so long to reply, after you being so kind of fastly helping me on my issues. I had a trip and many issues that kept me away - and I honestly almost forgot the internet! Anyway, thank you very much for your tips, answers and very helpfull insights.

Indeed, my main concerns regarding the full-cap I am to buy are: dectectability to touch and if it inches a lot or presents to many issues at the side and back parts of growing hair.
Many of my doubts were quite answered by you, but I would just like to clarify that point: I was talking about the hair I will keep having at sides and back. I have a dense hair and plan to shave it once or twice a week to use the full cap, but I am worried that the growing hair at those parts of the head would be 1) too messy with liquid glue (I would prefere to rely less on tapes, as far as it is possible) and 2) too scratchy.

Of course, you could perfectly ask me why I am going to a fullcap with a have really dense and fast-growing hair at sides and back. And the asnwer is: exactly because of that. I really prefere being free of going almost every week to style my side hair. I would really prefere being free to take care of my full cap, shave my own hair, and so be on my own.

Thanks in advance for any new insights, guys!
Also, I would like to thanks for the adivece to JRob site, that is a really powerfull source of knowledge on the fullcap pathway. Wow, I am really really waiting for the DVD!
05-03-2011, 10:54 AM,
How I think about detectability goes up and down. Sometimes I don't care, if the hair looks awesome, I'm inlcined to not care if a girl feels something. If it boils down to it, I'll just tell her I have alopecia. If she doesn't like it, then screw her lol. Another part of me, fears that anxiety of her feeling something. So its a toss up, but showing insecuirty isn't a manly quality. In this context I mean, if she sees you are anxious about wearing...then its not attractive. Thats why bald guys, well all the ones I know HAVE to be confident, there are no ifs and buts...to attract women, even if they are faking it, they don't show it infront of women. There is no 100% chance of her not feeling something, so I dunno, maybe its better off me going for a larger size and having some awesome styles while I can get away with it for my age.