Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Silicone...
04-25-2011, 05:11 AM,
RE: Silicone...
(04-24-2011, 07:32 AM)Paul In Ireland Wrote: What you got to remember is that system hair gets no natural oils etc.. so it eventually will not stay as `healthy`as growing hair and needs a helping-hand from the wearer to maintain it in good condition... according to the information here, the Remy hair is not chemically treated.. I guess that what the factory does sometimes, can`t always be monitored. I am wearing a system today which was cut-in last August.. it`s still pretty good..am waiting on a new[bigger system] ..I did get a new topper about 4/5 weeks back.. I did think the hair on that was a little `off`/drier [possibly a bit processed ? ] than the August one.. now having said that, no 2 systems will be clones of each other both in terms of hair texture and style [ventilation] .. there are too many `variables` at play..... including individual ventilators and how experienced they are..... just a few `thoughts`on my part...best regards, Paul.

Pinch a couple hair between 2 finger and holding the hairs ends with the other hand and slide back and fort the hair length, they're should be a resistence in one direction if the cuticle is still there.

The best would be for me to use a front partial to see what can I get of it without having to shave my top hair.

but buying an 1x6 inch front toper would cost me 260 $...(same a a full topper with 12 inch of hair) this make no sense, weel not for my wallet Tongue

Can I use Jigaloo on my hair ? Got plenty of silicone in that Tongue *joke*

joking appart I will make sure to coat my hair with silicone the day I start wearing to replace those lost cuticle.
04-25-2011, 05:31 AM,
I think the factory stopped charging less for partials some time back..they now charge the same as for a topper.. I know it doesn`t make much sense but it`s actually not Toplace who made the change...Paul.
04-29-2011, 08:38 AM,
(04-25-2011, 01:50 AM)Snipe Wrote: JRob, great info. I've just started using your silicone spray regularly and it does extend the "newness" of the piece.

Silicone is essential for keeping your piece looking good.

This should be part of everyone's daily routine.

The common denominator in many products that work really well to preserve processed hair is that they are formulated with silicones. Yep, even good 'ole Waxworks.

Water based products evaporate quickly and oil based products can get soaked into processed hair making it look grungy, but silicone based products coat the hair shaft locking in moisture and protecting it from damage while making it feel super soft and looking healthy.

BTW- If you liked the spray you really should use the Sealer. It is essentially a turbo charged version of the spray. We never officially released the spray to the public, not because it wasn't effective, but because the Sealer is what really softens and strengthens the hair. The spray is more of a "touch up" type product.