Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Silicone...
04-10-2011, 02:53 PM,
Silicone...
Comments?
04-10-2011, 07:05 PM,
RE: Silicone...
Makes nice fake t*ts. Also good for caulking your bath tub.

Probably good for caulking your hair piece too, if you live in a wet climate.
Makes nice fake t*ts. Also good for caulking your bath tub.

Probably good for caulking your hair piece too, if you live in a wet climate.
04-20-2011, 12:42 PM,
Silicones are key to protecting the hair. Silicones act as a substitute for the missing cuticle, locking in moisture and protecting the hair from the outside as well. They are the primary ingredient in hair serums that are formulated to protect hair from the intense heat generated by hair straightening flat irons. Without a strong layer of protection 300-400 degree heat can easily fry hair even if the cuticle is still attached.
04-21-2011, 10:26 AM,
(04-20-2011, 01:06 PM)timguyperson Wrote: Fuck, better cancel my holiday to the sun.

Hehe...well, obviously most of us don't have to worry about our hair getting scorched by wayward solar beams, but it just goes to show the level of protection that silicones can provide.

The real benefit of silicones in our case is moisture retention. Direct 400 degree heat can deplete moisture from a just about any kind of hair, but without the cuticle the hair we use is quite a bit more susceptible to damage.
04-22-2011, 12:19 PM,
Where do I find silicone for my wig... and how do I apply it?
04-24-2011, 03:06 AM,
most conditioner use it. shampoo too (panthene pro-v, garnier fructis) look fo dry hair shampoo and conditionner.
I use normal hair shampoo and I see the difference in 2 day if I change shampoo.
Panthene make my hair extremely silky, garnier fructis make them silky but less.
I will try on my system when I decide. but I think using shampoo each day will protect them better with silicon (well not any shampoo), its the case with my real hair. and for people who color their hair. and hair systeme hair is the same a colored hair (cuticle removal).

Im still hesitating... my hair are now 14 inch long lol. I would like to see a toplace system with long hair but everybody has short hair here haha.
04-24-2011, 06:26 AM,
`Normal` shampoos contain sulfates and alcohols which are harsh on system hair and can lead to brittleness and shedding... always use ones formulated for system hair is my advice. Debbie has some available and another good range is the `` Remysoft`` 3 -stage system designed/formulated by JRob.. a bit expensive, but used properly, will last quite a while and really good results from it http://www.forum.toplace.com/showthread.php?tid=4072 have a look at this old post. ..just Google `Remysoft haircare`` and you`ll see the links etc.
I also would not advise daily shampooing..there is no need..your hair will not be `dirty` unless you work in a very dusty environment... constant washing will lead to early colour-fade ...the main enemy of system hair is dryness so anything which helps moisture-retention is the key.
As to length of hair available....all systems come with 6-inch hair length as standard...... longer hair if required can be provided but you have to contact Toplace for an individual price..regards, Paul.
04-24-2011, 06:51 AM,
Yeah I know for the length price its 10 $ extra per inch.

Well I dont see where is the diference between normal hair that have been dyed and system hair that received the same treatment.

I got really oily hair. after 24 hours I got half of my length of hair that is fat and clunk together, its not nice at all not waching my hair for a day lol it look like my hair are partialy wet...

Im not sure I will use procesed hair... they claim on the website that the cuticle is intact but it doesn look liek its true.

I need untreated color matched hair. that wont desintegrate when I get out in the sun or wash my hair lol Tongue.

I think I will make an all french lace system with real hair with the cuticle intact (not colored,bleached, acid bathed)

I dont understand why they acid bath the dark hair to color them dark again... (seem its what the factories does most of the time from what I found)

A system like that should last more then 3 month ? (I cant believe a system with long proceced hair can last 6 month if a system with 3 inch hair struggle to last 5 months they will break all over lol)

I think french lace support higher dencity too ? 65 % seem a little under what I need from pics I saw.

So to get back on topic can someone with fact explain why normal hair that bleached and colored stay nice and silky all years long and system hair rapidly die ? they should be the same.

and can toplace provide real unproceced hair (cuticle intact) laike stated on the website ? John didnt not answer this question when I asked a couple month ago.

from the website :

"Real Human Remi Hair in TopLace Systems
Real human hair - not synthetic hair! This hair is soft and smooth - because it has not been chemically processed. The cuticles are still intact just like normal healthy hair.
04-24-2011, 07:32 AM,
What you got to remember is that system hair gets no natural oils etc.. so it eventually will not stay as `healthy`as growing hair and needs a helping-hand from the wearer to maintain it in good condition... according to the information here, the Remy hair is not chemically treated.. I guess that what the factory does sometimes, can`t always be monitored. I am wearing a system today which was cut-in last August.. it`s still pretty good..am waiting on a new[bigger system] ..I did get a new topper about 4/5 weeks back.. I did think the hair on that was a little `off`/drier [possibly a bit processed ? ] than the August one.. now having said that, no 2 systems will be clones of each other both in terms of hair texture and style [ventilation] .. there are too many `variables` at play..... including individual ventilators and how experienced they are..... just a few `thoughts`on my part...best regards, Paul.
04-25-2011, 01:50 AM,
(04-20-2011, 12:42 PM)JRob Wrote: Silicones are key to protecting the hair. Silicones act as a substitute for the missing cuticle, locking in moisture and protecting the hair from the outside as well. They are the primary ingredient in hair serums that are formulated to protect hair from the intense heat generated by hair straightening flat irons. Without a strong layer of protection 300-400 degree heat can easily fry hair even if the cuticle is still attached.

JRob, great info. I've just started using your silicone spray regularly and it does extend the "newness" of the piece.

Silicone is essential for keeping your piece looking good.

This should be part of everyone's daily routine.