Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What can I use to darken piece colour to 1b?
04-07-2011, 09:44 AM,
What can I use to darken piece colour to 1b?
I have a piece, not toplace, but it is dark brown not 1b. It is not black enough, I don't want something that is totally black though. But I need to darken it, any suggestions?

Thanks.
04-07-2011, 10:46 AM,
RE: What can I use to darken piece colour to 1b?
(04-07-2011, 09:44 AM)Henry Wrote: I have a piece, not toplace, but it is dark brown not 1b. It is not black enough, I don't want something that is totally black though. But I need to darken it, any suggestions?

Thanks.

Ah, dye it....

Fred
04-07-2011, 01:37 PM,
Ion Brilliance Semi Permanent hair color. Its safe on systems and lasts 10+ washes
04-07-2011, 08:58 PM,
Henry... http://www.adfhair.com provides colour/conditioner combined, which is recommended by Toplace for using on system hair and the product is called ``Back2natural``--the colour you want is `Dark natural ash brown` ......now, I just tried to access the site and my browser is warning me not to proceed today as the site has been compromised by Hackers and may contain malware...the site owner has been informed .....the advice from the browser is to wait until tomorrow before accessing it...so just be aware of that ...... but there are other sites selling the product too so if you just do a Google -search for ``Back2natural``-- you should find it....
.... I find it very good and not a bit `harsh`obviously, but when the system is really getting on in age, the `normal` colouring products are more effective in my experience, but probably Harsh on the hair... I like my hair to be quite dark/almost black, so as time goes on [due to oxidation etc.] you need to leave colouring products on/in for longer to achieve the desired hue. Paul.
04-07-2011, 11:33 PM,
It would be useful if there was a list of hair dyes and their numbers which correspond to the different hair shades.
For example,what would be the hair dye number be for 1b?
or what would the hair dye number be for a #5 etc..etc..
04-10-2011, 07:56 AM,
(04-07-2011, 11:33 PM)LTB Wrote: It would be useful if there was a list of hair dyes and their numbers which correspond to the different hair shades.
For example,what would be the hair dye number be for 1b?
or what would the hair dye number be for a #5 etc..etc..

What works wonders for me is this:
I have dark brown hair. with some white hair here and there.
I order the piece 1 or 2 shades lighter.
I then use clairol (ladies) 121A natural dark brown.
The instructions say to leave it on for 20 mins.
So, I dye my hair first and after a few mins I start dying the piece.
20 mins for my hair, 10 for the piece.
I dye the piece while its pinned on a block. I dye it holding it upside down and comb the dye through the hair (really easy).
Then, I rinse the piece out and jump in the shower to address my own hair.
The match is perfect. I can't tell what's mine and what is the piece.
I do this with the TL700 which is skin. Which makes it more dangerous not to color the base.
By holding the block upside down it makes it a breeze.
Oh, and I allow afew grays on my own sides and back by not being too thorough.
The piece has 5% gray which wont take color cuz it's synthetic.
1 package of the "ladies" color Clairol can last enough to do the above 2 times. It's less than 10 usd.
04-10-2011, 05:26 PM,
Thanks for the replies, I'm gonna search the net for these products if I can get them in the UK.
05-07-2011, 02:58 AM,
I tried dying the piece, I left the dye on for 5 minutes but no success Sad will try 10 mins, but will I damage the hair? as if 10mins doesn't work, I'll have to try 15 etc
05-07-2011, 03:26 AM,
What products are you using?