Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New and Tentative
05-07-2011, 02:05 PM,
RE: New and Tentative
Paul, you definitely seem to be one of the most informative people on this sight but I have to disagree about glues and debonders leaving permanent damage, my scalp is physical proof. Hair has been ripped our from my front hairline from both ultra hold and easy off debonder. I spent close to 4 grand to have surgery almost 5 months ago to fix what had happened to me. Because I am waiting for the possibility of new follicles to come through ( which is highly doubtful being the same clinic that did the surgery is the incompetence at the same location of the 2 individuals who left me permanetly scared to begin with, and a total of $10,000 later in combination of both surgery and systems in less than 2 years) I can only use certain products now to bond with as to not cause damage. I have to say I just recieved the got2b stuff today and applied 2 hours earlier and it holds great, profundly actually for not being a glue or base chemical but the hairline, whether from my own bad impulsive haircut and trim or the lace itself does not look passible in the least. This is entirely to frustrating, I would give my right hand to pull off the hairlines that a good number of members have been able to do judging from the pictures I have seen, but honestly even with other products in my own experience I cannot see exactly how that invisible lace look is achieved. There are no stylist's in my area but I would gladly pay any of you guys who might be near my area to show me the right way to achieve that look, I have spent the last couple years of my life living like a hermit and I am only 29. This has effected every aspect of my life from, jobs, where I go to school, having or keeping a girlfriend, and maintaining friendships. The pics of many users I see on here gives me hope but with all the horrible experiences I have had from this industry (non-John related, overall this is the best system I have ever seen a side from achieving that realistic or even semi front hairline look) my faith has diminshed and seem's unlikely. I could defintely get over the neurotic sense of wearing a system ( between mself and other people) if it actually looked that good because than I wouldn't care anymore which is a big change from when I started out. My custom will be here in another week ( it will be a little to small but with the right cut and style { If I find someone} should be fine until my next unit upon which I will make the template in the correct fashion) comes. I'm still offset though , especially with my current lack of options when it comes to bonding, about whether to cut to the beginning of the graduated front or leave a tiny bit of extra lace. Kind of off topic but still relative, every salon I have gone to has used that plaster of paris to shape and measure the template, looking back now I can't see how that would reasonably be anywhere near the correct proximity of the individual for their hairline. Xeon, what has your experience been with the look of your front hairline and got2b?
05-07-2011, 08:02 PM,
Hello again conundrum..... I don`t doubt for a moment what you say about the damage done to you [ I`d be considering getting a medical report and possibly legal action for damages if that had been done to me] God ...10 thousand Dollars...that`s a lot of money in anyone`s book. I can really empathise with your whole situation and you put it very very well. Just one point I`d like to `deal`with if I may [please don`t think I`m nit-picking here ] Whatever they did at that place to cause damage to your scalp/hair-roots, it sure sounds to me that whatever adhesive was used, was not allowed to dissolve fully before removal and may have pulled out the still-growing fine hairs by the roots....I`m only guessing here ...... like if you think about it, there are SO many wearers who use strong glues/tapes and de-bonder fluids etc and it doesn`t cause any damage to their scalp or hair roots...... I`m not for one moment doubting what you say....... whatever was done to you sounds like total incompetence/negligence. I`d seriously be taking legal advice...why should you be out of pocket trying to rectify this ? I wouldn`t be having any more `procedures`done either..... I wonder what other readers think ? The only really `bad`thing I have read about has been some people seem to have a sensitivity to `Supertape` resulting in redness/itching etc but nothing like you describe, which is physical damage of some sort. Please don`t give up in despair...you`ve come this far so see it through !! What I suggest are 2 things..... the first one is `bending the rules` a bit but I often do it...... place your system just a few millimeters in front of your hairline [encroaching onto the forehead skin] ..... it`s not generally the correct thing to do but I sometimes do it especially when I`ve trimmed my own back hair as it`s so thin now that I slightly move the system forward to give a less-noticeable blend-in at the back......yes it alters my front `appearance`slightly, but it`s fine ! .....just that 2 or 3 millimeters will allow you to use a glue on un-damaged skin......as long as it`s not half-way down to your eyes it`ll be ok ! Second thing you might like to consider is getting a thin-skin front for a really un-detectable front .....plus as far as I know, the Got2b works very well with thin-skin right to the very front so you could sit it right on to the damaged area using a product which you know will not cause you any problems.... My first suggestion would be for your new custom lace system...the second one [thin skin front] might be a better longer-term solution ?
I really do wish you the very best .....this whole thing has obviously been traumatic for you yet you were very frank in how you speak of how hair loss etc. has affected you socially and work-wise ...it`s such a REAL issue for so many guys losing their hair..hey man you`re too young to be locking yourself away .... best regards ... Paul.
05-08-2011, 06:58 AM,
Thanks Paul, I have been considering legal action against the salon I went to but that would cost probably a great deal of money to pursue that which I do not have at this point. I 'm wearing a stock unit right now and my biggest concern is that when my new custom unit comes in ( in about a week) that I will mess it up and not get a realistic front hairline. As I said I am still on the fence as to whether or not to cut the lace down to the hair or leave and extra quarter of an inch. The got2b stuff works great but I am having a problem with it sticking at the very front, I also believe I used to much in certain areas like where my hair is parted and you can see it because it dries white ( I do not know if it is supposed to dry clear or if I used to much). Regardless of that I need to now which kind of glue I can use (non acrylic) that will dry clear as to not see the lace and give me a got hold in the front. Normally I would say one that is preferably safe and will not have adverse reactions to my surgery but at this point I can't even stress over that.
05-08-2011, 08:56 PM,
Why not e -mail Debbie for some advice on what would be safest/best in the circumstances? I`m sure she`d help. While I`m no fan of legal-eagles, I`m sure there are ones which would take your case on a `no-win, no-fee`` basis....... clearly, to my mind, you have been a victim of negligence.
I wouldn`t leave a lot of excess lace at the front... it will attract dust/dirt etc to the adhesive/tape under it and will become obvious to the eye.... if you like, leave 2 or 3 millimeters and see how you get on..you can trim it back to the hair when you de-bond it if it`s too visible etc... personally I trim back to the hair.......just take your time...all I do is [ i`m right-handed] sit the system in front of me side-on..[the back/nape part is on my left, the front is on the right] I then catch the front hair in a bunch just at the temple area with my thumb directly in front of and holding/folding back the extreme front hairs which clearly allows visibility of the excess lace. I then start my trim-off, carefully keeping the scissors in front of /`parallel ` with the hairline. Just simply move the thumb around towards the other temple-point while holding the hair back off the lace so you can see clearly ....if you imagine the front hairline [ bird`s eye view] as horse-shoe shaped, you are simply following that shape with your scissors albeit maybe 2 millimeters in front of the hair itself.....hope that helps... regards for now, Paul.