Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Traveling with a hair piece on....
04-01-2011, 11:35 PM,
Traveling with a hair piece on....
Hello,

First off, I've been wearing for a few months now and overall, I've been pleasantly surprised by how well its gone. There are still many things I need to learn when it comes to wearing, but I'm very happy with the choice I've made.

I was wondering if anyone had any advice for when you need to travel. I mean like if there is something I should be aware of or if there should be some things I should take with me for emergencies.

I'm going to be flying soon to Chicago and will be spenting a few nights there. It wasn't until a few days ago when it finally dawned on me that this would be the first time I would far away from home while wearing. I'll be staying at a hotel so I'll be using their showers and sleeping in their beds provided to me.

Now, I'm assuming its not all that different than wearing while at home. I shower and sleep with it on at home and work. The only difference here really is that I'll be somewhere else. I should only be spending three day and two nights there. And I usually have an attachment on for 3 - 5 days so that shouldn't be a problem, but I just can't help to think that there is something I'm missing that could be a problem.

Maybe I'm overthinking it, but I figure it doesn't hurt to get any advice on the matter. And plus, one day I plan on having to travel for a week's worth or more so the process of removal and reattachment does become an issue.

Any advice and/or tips would be greatly appreciated.
04-02-2011, 04:31 AM,
RE: Traveling with a hair piece on....
Hi there In Denial .. I assume you`re wearing a lace system.... I`ve only yesterday and today [for the first time] used ``Got2beGlued`` styling glue as an alternative to tape/glue and am very pleased with it.... I think if I was travelling anywhere now, I`d simply pop a tube of it into my bag rather than carrying glue/tape/ solvents as I have done in the past for week-long trips to sun-holiday destinations. I normally [up to now] do/did a nightly de--bond and sleep with the system off.... I left it on last night just to see how it `behaved`... was really pleased with the bond and how it held up ..... as an experiment , I did a heavy work-out this morning and [as I expected] once the profuse sweating started, I could easily lift the system off..so for any gym-bunnies I`d suggest using `proper`bonding for trips to the gym..... now having said that, it`s really easy to work with and would be a great help for newbies to get used to doing bonding without the hassle of positioning it wrongly, and hair getting stuck to the glues and / or tapes..... if you get the position wrong using `Got2B`, it`s easy to lift the system up and re-position it without too much hassle. I digress...... back to your question .. I`d take a satin/silk pillow slip in your bag and pop that on to the pillow in your room....as you know, cotton leaches moisture from the hair etc.... you should have no issues really as you`ll only be away for such a short time .. however you might like to get a small [travel ]bottle which hold small volumes of liquids [50ML] and pour in a little glue so you`ll have some to hand just in case you might need a little light perimeter touch-up. Have one of those plastic/wooden coffee stirrers in your bag for ease of application. It`s a good idea to have a few of those small plastic travel-bottles and a small atomiser bottle to hand...I usually carry a small amount of solvent in one and lace-release in the atomiser bottle... I also carry my normal little atomiser bottle for misting the hair with water [ great for an evening `freshen up``] so if a slight `emergency `happens with my bond, I can put it right. I always take my leave-in conditioner spray-bottle. other than that, you should have no problems and in the event that anything goes wrong with your bond, you can relax that you have some little emergency supplies to hand. I `ve never had any problems when travelling apart from when you`re in hot countries in summertime, sweating can affect the bond, but we know that anyway and expect it...... regards, Paul.
04-02-2011, 08:29 AM,
RE: Traveling with a hair piece on....
Paul hit it on the head perfectly. Much of it depends if you sleep in your system or not. Here would be my list:

- your adhesive just in case
- satin/silk pillow case if you sleep in your system
- small bottle of color safe shampoo since hotel shampoo sucks

The rest is just the normal stuff anyone would bring. Hair gel/spray, brush, etc. I've only been wearing 3+ months now but have traveled multiple times and its just as easy as before. No added worries in security or anything. Very easy overall. Safe travels!