Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
style question
03-29-2011, 01:53 PM,
style question
Hi guys. For couple of weeks I ve been considering on ordering full cap from you. I will order it, but I have decided to go with the topper first. I am pretty well informed about everything i will need to use to attach and how to maintain hair piece...I would just like to ask more experienced user if this style can be achieved with topper and would it look ok (would it be undetectable?) ?

http://img835.imageshack.us/i/27952577.jpg/

And once i decide to go for a full cap, i would like to go with this style:

http://img198.imageshack.us/i/34590130.jpg/

and here is my photo:

http://img836.imageshack.us/i/09032011252.jpg/

Can you please provide me with details on how to order this topper (style, density, etc)

Thanx
03-29-2011, 09:41 PM,
RE: style question
http://forum.toplace.com/showthread.php?...o#pid25879
Hi Macky ..have a look at reubin`s pic here ....you can do a search using the search box at the bottom of the page, for his other pics, this is what`s known as in I-lace island... I think it`s a `skin` centre with a lace strip all around so it`s undetectable to the eye.... reubin does a great job with his systems / styles....there are many good pics posted by him.
As for full-cap...... well you can have whatever you want/like.....just try to re -create your original hairline and temple-points, otherwise it may look a little `odd`...I`m sure you know what I mean .....the beauty of fullcaps is there there is no blending issues with colours etc ......there are downsides too though [like everything in life] ...mainly the nape area is/can be prone to lifting due to the skin there constantly moving /stretching... JRob has done a lot of work and left a lot of advice on this issue including `scalloping` the perimeter there [ cutting a series of `V`s in the perimeter there] ..do a search of his posts/threads...... I hope that helps.. Paul.
03-31-2011, 12:18 PM,
thanx for the responses guys i will look into this...maybe i go for a full cap at the end...but is it really that hard to attach it?
04-04-2011, 12:35 PM,
U could go with the first style, but it just wouldn't be as extreme. It wouldn't be shaven down. U can get away with hair being less than an inch long on a hair piece, but not very buzzed down. Or at least no one has really tried it. If you get a single injected system, than maybe its possible? I don't know. GEL or Jeffxyz has cut his hair system down very short, below and inch, I would check out his pics and ask him how short he has gone. I think he cut his hair on like a number four guard or something crazy
04-04-2011, 08:25 PM,
(03-31-2011, 12:18 PM)MACKY Wrote: thanx for the responses guys i will look into this...maybe i go for a full cap at the end...but is it really that hard to attach it?

MACKY ... it`s not that it`s hard to attach...you`re using the same products no matter what size your system is, but it`s more to do with positioning it correctly and you have a bigger/longer perimeter than on a topper [about twice the length] so it`s more `tricky` and as I said, the nape area can be problematic for some wearers which is another reason some guys are a bit wary of shaving so much of their remaining hair off in order to go full-cap, I guess what guys are saying [usually anyway] is that rather than jumping in at the deep end with a full-cap, it`s probably advisable to try the shallow end first i.e. a topper until you`re used to positioning/bonding and de-bonding along with the cleaning etc.... you know.....`ease`yourself into it all.... I know some guys have such severe hair-loss that what`s left would be next to impossible to `work`with or get a nice blend between system hair and their own, so I guess in those cases,there is no alternative then to go straight in with a full-cap , but I`d advise such wearers to try get the help of a good stylist at the start to help with the initial step/s........ Paul.
04-05-2011, 01:03 PM,
I am considering going for a 3/4 or fullcap. Because the partial I'm wearing, although looking ok...leads to stress tbh. I can't have a comb down style, because the partial doesnt extend far into the crown...this creates problems because everything doesnt flow down in a natural way, if the wind blows it im screwed. I can use concealer, but the hair doesnt flow back properly. It would be a shame but I think I need to shave more of my natural hair.

At the moment, I kind of expose my hairline, with a spikeyish style. And I'm already having to use toppik to hide the line where the piece meets my own hair. I think I've done a good job with it, but I don't have that freedom to have a comb down style when I don't want to fuss with the hairline.

So, Im considering going for something like this, the one thing that worries me about hair like this, is that women would want to touch it more. And I don't want them to feel any edges or material...

[Image: 59825820.jpg]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us