Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Young thinning guy would like some advice please
03-28-2011, 02:38 AM,
Young thinning guy would like some advice please
I started rapidly loosing my hair about a year ago, at the moment i'm hiding it using dermatch but because i appear to be loosing it so quickly i worry that soon the dermmatch won't work as i will have nothing left!

I wonder what my options are? I like to have my hair fairly short and if possible i really like shaved sides with long hair on top. I prefer military type haircuts.

Unfortunately i seem to have also thinned a lot around my temple areas at the sides. My temple region used to extend right above my eyebrow but is now really thin. I have attached some photos for you all to see.

I am mostly thinning at the front of my hairline 3 inches back. The crown seems to look worse in the picture then it does in real life. Normally my crown still looks ok.

[Image: hair27thmarch.jpg]
shows front hairline is getting quite thin

[Image: hair27thmarchside1.jpg]
shows my sides and thinning temple indicated.

[Image: tophair27thmarch.jpg]
my crown doesn't usually look this bad, but i am probably balding here as well.

Do you think a hairpiece could work for me at all? And what kind of template, density etc would work?

Any advice appreciated as i have no idea how to get started. I also lead a really active life so i'm worried about maintenance and whether a hairpiece would work. For example i have to do a lot of outside hiking and camping.

Regards
03-28-2011, 02:55 AM,
RE: Young thinning guy would like some advice please
Hi! I know at this stage in your life, losing your hair is extremely difficult. If it's any consolation, based on the pictures, your hair is fine (I know you use Dermatch, but it looks really good).

Here is a picture of a wearer sporting a military style cut like you mentioned:

http://www.forum.toplace.com/attachment.php?aid=115

If you want to look at other pictures, a good start is to check out this"newbie" thread:

http://www.forum.toplace.com/showthread.php?tid=1719

If you still have questions, feel free to ask!

Good luck,

Leamon
03-28-2011, 03:20 AM,
That's just natural recession. I see hundreds of heads a week. Lots of guys start to stress because their hairlines aren't the same as when they were in their teens. We all go through a bit of a recession when we get into our 20s. Just monitor it and if your hairline starts to really thin out and recede, then you might need to do something about it if it really bothers you. If it stays the same, you will be just fine!
03-28-2011, 05:55 AM,
he is already using concelears...so it is not a natural recession the guy is going bald...
03-28-2011, 06:51 AM,
I'm not using concealers in the pictures, that is just how my hair looks without. The pictures don't show it well but i am loosing the front portion of my hair where my windows peak is. I don't mind recession, but it is loosing density.

When i wash my hair i normally have between 30-50 hairs falling out just from washing my hair in the sink.

So i think i am going bald at 23.
03-28-2011, 08:25 AM,
Hi thinning dude..... I totally understand your concern.... I think the obvious hair falling out when you wash it, would sure `focus` your mind. I used to be the same ,but I was about 10 years older than you when it began in earnest. The pic / link that leamon posted there should give you some comfort... your temple area as you have `ringed` in the pic is actually not too bad at all ..that`s a normal thing...I wouldn`t stress over that just yet, though, naturally, it`s very noticeable to yourself.... you could easily get away with keeping your sides buzzed in and wear a system as in that link- pic.[ I think that `s reubin in the pic ? ] I know it`s your reality just now but lots of us here would kill to have what you still have....yes you are facing reality and preparing to `deal`with your thinning hair, but just take your time ... you don`t need to wear in the next week or anything like that.... have a good look through the ``Info links for newbies`` thread, posted by snipe, at the top of the page there .......a mine of helpful info/tips/pics, including how to make a template ... if you have any particular questions after that , feel free to post ....we`ll do our best to advise you. This `game`is not too tricky at all....just doing your `research` and taking your time to inform yourself, will ensure you go into it smoothly..... I can assure you, Toplace systems are really good and just SO affordable ... this is THE place to be. Welcome to the forum by the way ..cheers, Paul.
03-28-2011, 09:13 AM,
hi thinning dude, i think you’re being a tadd oversensitive.(imo)
you seem to have great head of hair.
we all lose hair, the question is is it being replaced.
it looks exaggerated when you see it in the wash basin, but hey that’s natural.
i can only really agree with the advice paul has given.
way to early for intervention.
long as you’re eating a healthy diet and aren’t deficient in vitamins minerals
you’ve no cause to worry yet.
but it’s great to know that somewhere down the road there’s are options
and hair systems .in the 21st century are fantastic.
regards
anthony