Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
sharing a house and wearing hair
09-22-2010, 06:16 AM,
RE: sharing a house and wearing hair
danger!!89 good on yahh m8,
i wear concealer, and wash my hair every two weeks,it can take 45 mins if all goes well.
i'v seen me be on two hours styling,then getting my style, fixing it, then putting on concealer and thinking ,dam its bloody to much or two dense.
i could never have my brother or sister in the house whilst washing my hair.anyone for that matter.
its been my secret for 8 years.
im moving onto a hair system in the next few weeks.
done all the homework, had all the advice on here. ready for the transition.
my quote, "you'll go through alot to do what makes you feel dam blooody good, thats the payoff!!"
regards ant, happy wearing
09-28-2010, 06:20 AM,
Haha the first time I come on this site in a year and someone digs up my post from nearly 12 months ago Tongue. Wearing in a shared house was easy, no one knew and even though there were a few awkward moments - ie someone wanting to talk to you while you were in your room with no hair on lol. It was an over all success Smile.
09-29-2010, 05:35 AM,
(09-16-2009, 01:56 AM)collegedan Wrote: ive done it for 3 years now, live in a house with 24 people. it's a bitch but it's possible, just follow the advice the guys on here have said to do.

also if you change it more frequently, you can avoid gunky build up from tape and just clean your head off in your private quarters if need be without showering.
good on you!keep it up m8
10-25-2010, 12:41 AM,
(09-11-2009, 03:42 PM)danger!!89 Wrote: Sounds assuring, i'll just get my routine down. Just worried if i end up with a rash again from sports in the sun, i wont be able to not wear while it recovers and stuff. Hopefully it all goes alright (y)

aloe gel is good for warding off wearing rash.
(09-11-2009, 06:59 PM)timguyperson Wrote: If you've got your own room you'll be fine.

If you can't wear because of the rash, when you go out of your room just wear a cap and no one will know. I've walked around with no hair and just a cap heaps of times and no one has noticed. I've also walked around with the front not glued down at all, and no one noticed. lol people just don't look out for that stuff.

I'm almost 100% sure you'll be fine.

Once a week I just take the unit off in my room, clean it up with solvents, put on a hat and walk to the shower with my hair wrapped up in my clothes. Then I shave my head in the sink. Then after I rinse the sink I soak my piece in shampoo and warm water in the sink while I shower. Then I get out of the shower, pat my piece with my towel to dry it a bit, then after I've dried myself and put on clothes and my hat again, I walk back to my room with my piece wrapped up in my bath towel. In my room I use a hair dryer on the piece. Then I apply the tape to the unit, put that on my newly cleaned and shaved scalp, then I glue it down all in my room.

It's really easy to do. I'm sure you won't have any issues.

u soak it in shampoo and warm water? and dont condition? doesnt that wreck it?
its easier if ur room mate knows about it and is completely cool with it. i dont think i could ever do it with people that didnt know unless i had my own bathroom.
10-25-2010, 05:42 AM,
just clean the hair system on youre head, like normal hair!
1)wet hair,soak with warm water,
2)be very gentle massage shampoo with the fingers gently dont use youre nails.
rinse off, warm water.
3)blot excess water with towel,a few times ,then dry with hair dryer
4)use hair dryer on (warm only)
5)use a leave in conditioner(spray in-type optional but conveniant.) or any conditioner for dry permed damaged hair,coloured hair..
6)you dont need to be washing every week maybee twice three times a month.(max)
7)dont when styling! dont comb right down to the scalp, you could Damage the base,
8)enjoy having hair,control,its like turning the clock back to those worry free days.
im passionate about wearing, why? well because iv never looked so good.
woman tell me,but they wont tell you when youre not looking good(human nature)my pre wearing days.
who do i feel great Empathy for , well anyone tied to a extortionate hair salon chain.
i'd passionately like to thank all who contributed with replys to my requests for advice.
and thank everyone for sharing such invaluable advice,

antySmile