Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Got2BeGlued Hairline (photos)
03-26-2011, 06:26 AM,
RE: Got2BeGlued Hairline
Looks great, Very smart to have the front thinner it makes for a very realistic look.

About what you said "looking at the rear view mirror. The way the lighting is, I can see some lace if I focus on it"

I have noticed that too with lace. It makes me think that low/natural sun light can be a dangerous lighting sometimes. I rather be in pure sunlight or whatever kind of light than that OFF/shade light. That is one good thing about thin skin pieces. I find I don't have to worry about any kind of lighting conditions
03-26-2011, 06:39 AM,
Hi Xeon, you're absolutely right. If I stand out in the sun, uncovered, then the piece is 100% undetectable. My guess is if the light is hitting the lace on the side, then you might be able to see some lace.

Direct lighting straight on or directly above = good.
Side lighting = not so good.

By the way, the last I talked to you, you were experimenting with some funky new combinations for a piece. Did that idea ever materialize?

Leamon

(03-26-2011, 06:26 AM)Xeon005 Wrote: Looks great, Very smart to have the front thinner it makes for a very realistic look.

About what you said "looking at the rear view mirror. The way the lighting is, I can see some lace if I focus on it"

I have noticed that too with lace. It makes me think that low/natural sun light can be a dangerous lighting sometimes. I rather be in pure sunlight or whatever kind of light than that OFF/shade light. That is one good thing about thin skin pieces. I find I don't have to worry about any kind of lighting conditions
03-26-2011, 07:30 AM,
Hi again leamon....... I went to Amazon UK and it was available there so i ordered 2 tubes...well-pleased with that !!! I`m about to send a new template in as I`m going for a 3/4 sized system ...that will be all-lace,so I`ll use it then, as my present system has a poly strip, so I`m doubtful it would be so successful on that...... but it should be good on the rest of if... I can just use a few strips of red-liner on the poly and coat the rest of the scalp with the got2beglued.....just to see what it`s like....Thanks for the link to the pic...I wasn`t 100% sure if I was ordering the right thing but that confirmed it for me ! Regards, Paul.
03-26-2011, 08:07 AM,
Paul,

Glad you ordered! Wearing is about constant improvement, so I hope this will be one for you too.

Regarding the poly sides. I've read post in the past where polybases can adhere naturally to the scalp (there was a user who didn't use any adhesives on his polybase full cap).

My advice for you is to try the poly sides with G2BG, as well. Keep in mind that G2BG is all about convenience, so if you still have adhesives in which you have to clean up, then it depletes the purpose.

So try covering your bald area with G2BG first, and see how you like it before you mix and match adhesives. If you have any questions, let me know.

Leamon

(03-26-2011, 07:30 AM)Paul In Ireland Wrote: Hi again leamon....... I went to Amazon UK and it was available there so i ordered 2 tubes...well-pleased with that !!! I`m about to send a new template in as I`m going for a 3/4 sized system ...that will be all-lace,so I`ll use it then, as my present system has a poly strip, so I`m doubtful it would be so successful on that...... but it should be good on the rest of if... I can just use a few strips of red-liner on the poly and coat the rest of the scalp with the got2beglued.....just to see what it`s like....Thanks for the link to the pic...I wasn`t 100% sure if I was ordering the right thing but that confirmed it for me ! Regards, Paul.
03-26-2011, 08:24 AM,
All the GTBG products work especially well on poly!
I only mostly wear skin units......
Get a pretty firm hold with GTBG !

johnny/albuquerque
03-26-2011, 10:05 AM,
Hi leamon,

With the Got2BeGlued Hairline, I wanted to ask.

1.) Do you just use one layer in front?
2.) Do you allow it to dry completely before applying the lace?

All the kids here are telling me there is a new similar product called "SPIKER." They saud it is significently "stronger" hold than Got2BeGlued. There is a cream like Got2BeGlued spiking and also a gel. I am getting some this weekend to try out the band.

Thanks,

Jim

(03-26-2011, 08:07 AM)leamon Wrote: Paul,

Glad you ordered! Wearing is about constant improvement, so I hope this will be one for you too.

Regarding the poly sides. I've read post in the past where polybases can adhere naturally to the scalp (there was a user who didn't use any adhesives on his polybase full cap).

My advice for you is to try the poly sides with G2BG, as well. Keep in mind that G2BG is all about convenience, so if you still have adhesives in which you have to clean up, then it depletes the purpose.

So try covering your bald area with G2BG first, and see how you like it before you mix and match adhesives. If you have any questions, let me know.

Leamon

(03-26-2011, 07:30 AM)Paul In Ireland Wrote: Hi again leamon....... I went to Amazon UK and it was available there so i ordered 2 tubes...well-pleased with that !!! I`m about to send a new template in as I`m going for a 3/4 sized system ...that will be all-lace,so I`ll use it then, as my present system has a poly strip, so I`m doubtful it would be so successful on that...... but it should be good on the rest of if... I can just use a few strips of red-liner on the poly and coat the rest of the scalp with the got2beglued.....just to see what it`s like....Thanks for the link to the pic...I wasn`t 100% sure if I was ordering the right thing but that confirmed it for me ! Regards, Paul.
03-26-2011, 11:04 AM,
Hi Jim,

For the front I apply a thin layer (the thickness of 2-3 sheets of paper). While it's still wet, I lay the lace down, and press it down with the palm of my hand (to ensure that all the lace is touching the G2BG).

Next I blow dry (aim the dryer from top down so it can blow your lace down). If you are afraid the heat will dry out your hair then blow dry on no heat. While I blow dry, I use a comb and "stir" the front hair left and right. This ensures that the air gets to the lace (the motion is similar to stir frying food side to side).

A couple of minutes later I will aim the blow dryer bottom up. Now you will see some hair that is stuck to your forehead due to the G2BG. I then use my fingers and just pull them up. Now I tilt my head back to see if there is lace sticking up. If there is, I will apply more glue (if necessary), then press the lace down and blow dry again.

Once the lace is down, for perfection, I would use the teeth of the comb to "stir fry" the individual hairs at the hairline (while blow drying it) to separate any hair that might be stuck together.

It might sound complicated, but it is pretty intuitive once you try it. What's good about G2BG is that if you mess up, you can just wash your hair and start over fresh. If you find the lace didn't stick at places, just lift up the lace and apply more G2BG and press down. G2BG is a gem for newbies.

Good luck!

Leamon
03-27-2011, 05:49 AM,
Hey, Yeah I have worked on the new thing for a bit, but I haven't had the time lately to fully test it out. I only wore it for 2 days, I don't think that is enough time to determine of the bond is stronger or not. I am trying a few more different ideas. I just want to take the concept of Go2b and improve upon it. There is a couple more things I want to try first . ::: keeps fingers crossed::
03-28-2011, 05:33 AM,
RE: Got2BeGlued Hairline (photos)
I'm blown away by those pics - that is honestly the best looking hairpiece that I have ever seen.

Everything is perfect - the shape of the hairline, the density of the hairline (avoiding the tell-tale 'wall of hair' look), and the blending - is this a topper only, i.e. are your sides your own?

I'm still finding it hard to believe that a realisitc hairpiece is something that can actually be achieved, but seeing a photo like that makes me think again.
03-28-2011, 12:08 PM,
RE: Got2BeGlued Hairline (photos)
OK I have tried this stuff several ties, but it always seeps through the lace and makes a mess and an unnatural hairline. Its very wet and liquid and seep through.