Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Custom Unit - Pics
03-31-2011, 08:37 AM,
RE: New Custom Unit - Pics
(03-31-2011, 08:06 AM)person Wrote: It looks really good mate. Can I ask a bit more about the specifications? How much curl have you ordered? It looks straight or body wave? What is the density and base you ordered? The factory should bleach the knots for you so I am confused why this is the case as for the front lifting; try more layers of glue. You are doing the right thing waiting for it to dry though. Have you considered using tape at the front considering you comb the hair downwards?
One last question please. Do you find people don't notice you are wearing a replacement? I am going to try this within the next six months but I like most new wearers feel a tad paranoid. I suppose I'm asking how you feel about it psychologically. This question goes out to other wearers as well. Thank you Smile

Thanks man! Well, I had quite a bit of hair loss, so the people I knew before I started wearing obviously know something has happened. The funny thing is, a lot of people can't put their finger on it. I've been telling people that this is what I look like without my glasses, that I shaved off my goatee, finally got prosthetic limbs, stuff like that haha. But I eventually tell them that I got hair replacement, and they go "ahhhh that's it!" I'm 26 and people tell me I look 22-23. Other than that, nobody knows a thing as far as I can tell. It looks totally natural, at least from 5+ feet away. The knots are visible on the crown, and on the hairline, like I said, so if people start to wonder what the dots are all about, they'll catch on, but it hasn't happened yet. I have had women go "nice hair!" and thrust their fingers into my hairline, only to pull back awkwardly when they feel something catch their fingers. Then I have to explain--I'm trying hair replacement, etc. That's what I want to fix.

To be honest, I love having hair, but aside from money it comes at a cost. Given that I'm new, I'm still deciding whether or not it's worth it for me, and I suppose you'll have to do the same. First, for me wearing is a lot of work, probably because I'm still a beginner. I had a meltdown of glue the other day and it literally took 3 hours to clean my unit. These things can happen, so newbies should expect some setbacks. The shedding also freaks me out. Anyways, you get what you put into it. I always want it to look PERFECT as to avoid detection, so I am ALWAYS thinking about my hair. Questions that are always in my head: Does it look real/convincing? Did something come loose? Is it peeling off somewhere? I'm guessing these are common concerns for people who just started wearing hair. To be blunt, I'm stressed out about it but I look great. It's a tradeoff.

The funny thing is, I don't care if people I already know realize it's fake, it's the strangers that bother me. The other day, I was sitting in a stadium and I couldn't stop thinking about whether or not the people behind me knew that I was wearing a hairpiece. I don't think they did. But every once in a while they would whisper to one another, and I would get freaked out. I'm not trying to freak you out, but, psychologically, these are the kinds of things that are going through my head. For me, it needs to look perfect or I'm not havin' it.

Can you identify with these feelings? Anyone else?

To answer your other questions, the piece I'm wearing has a body wave, 65% density, and is the TL500 (french lace with a few inches of super fine swiss in the front).

-irishkid Smile

Messages In This Thread
New Custom Unit - Pics - irishkid - 03-25-2011, 07:51 AM
RE: New Custom Unit - Pics - leamon - 03-25-2011, 09:44 AM
RE: New Custom Unit - Pics - Dave83 - 03-28-2011, 05:25 AM
RE: New Custom Unit - Pics - irishkid - 03-31-2011, 07:25 AM
RE: New Custom Unit - Pics - person - 03-31-2011, 08:06 AM
RE: New Custom Unit - Pics - irishkid - 03-31-2011, 08:37 AM
RE: New Custom Unit - Pics - MACKY - 03-31-2011, 12:20 PM
RE: New Custom Unit - Pics - Biltmore602 - 04-01-2011, 08:36 AM