Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Custom Unit - Pics
03-31-2011, 07:25 AM,
RE: New Custom Unit - Pics
Thanks! The style is "freestyle," and I sent in a template/sample to have matched with my head/hair color. A few remarks: when I received it, the color was a little off, so the lady who cut it in dyed it to match my hair color. Anyone else have this issue? Do you dye it yourself or get it done professionally? Also, I have the hairstyle come down over my forehead as shown because there is a visible pattern of dark dots along my hairline. I'm assuming this requires knot bleaching which I keep hearing about on the forums. I wasn't aware that customers were required to do this--the dots are pretty obvious when standing a few feet away. Wearing it forward solves the problem (until a gust of wind comes along, that is).

Anyways, another far more pressing question... how do you glue the front hairline down so that when someone runs their fingers up through your hair, it keeps from peeling back? I've tried using GhostBond and Safe Grip, and in both cases, running your fingers up through my hair inevitably causes the piece to start to peel back. You can also definitely feel that "something is there." I use 2-3 layers of glue, and allow it to dry so that it's tacky feeling before laying the piece down and pressing it against my scalp. This is only bothersome because a few of the girls I've been seeing have been running their fingers through my hair and I would like to have it feel natural. They know I have a unit, so it's no biggie, but it's more so that I can concentrate on the task at hand, if you know what I mean Wink

Also, is it normal to experience shedding when wearing a new piece? I see about 20-40 hairs come off every time I do my morning routine (shower / blow dry (on cool) / style my hair). I use L'Oreal EverPure Smooth Shampoo, and don't condition. I rinse every day, wash every other.

No, I live in the US, but I'm full blooded Irish. You Irish guys, do your beards grow red too?

Messages In This Thread
New Custom Unit - Pics - irishkid - 03-25-2011, 07:51 AM
RE: New Custom Unit - Pics - leamon - 03-25-2011, 09:44 AM
RE: New Custom Unit - Pics - Dave83 - 03-28-2011, 05:25 AM
RE: New Custom Unit - Pics - irishkid - 03-31-2011, 07:25 AM
RE: New Custom Unit - Pics - person - 03-31-2011, 08:06 AM
RE: New Custom Unit - Pics - irishkid - 03-31-2011, 08:37 AM
RE: New Custom Unit - Pics - MACKY - 03-31-2011, 12:20 PM
RE: New Custom Unit - Pics - Biltmore602 - 04-01-2011, 08:36 AM