Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Messed up the hairline, help!
03-24-2011, 01:14 PM,
Messed up the hairline, help!
I was sure I let the glue dry.

But when I layed the lace down, it just turned into a goey mess. I don't know what to do, I don't want to redo the whole thing again, as I don't have much lace release.
03-24-2011, 01:38 PM,
RE: Messed up the hairline, help!
- What kind of glue ?

- Get some 90 ~ 99% alcohol.

Fred

(03-24-2011, 01:14 PM)Henry Wrote: I was sure I let the glue dry.

But when I layed the lace down, it just turned into a goey mess. I don't know what to do, I don't want to redo the whole thing again, as I don't have much lace release.
03-24-2011, 02:07 PM,
Get oil resistant white glue. google it and find who sells it. I recommend it because you could use a very thin layer of it and it holds pretty well. U put on a thin layer and let it dry clear. You are either putting too much glue on, or not waiting long enough for it to dry. probably both.

You don't need lace release. You can use regular alcohol, that is essentially what lace release is, Its all alcohol. go to the drug store if you have to and pick up a bottle of alcohol, preferably 91 percent, but you could also get away with lower percentage, but try to get at least in the 70 percent range
03-25-2011, 06:14 AM,
bigg tipp.use a penn and paper and watch,
time how long the glue has been applied, its far to easy to overestimate the time.
you think its been on longer than it has.
leave the glue on for 10mins,i use orwg.
its says wait untill clear but, the correct timings the key, time it dont guess.
when you apply you can use youre fingers to apply ,but wash them prior as theres alot of natural oils there.
just little tipps i picked up from my one lady salon.
the timing ones my own,as i fell into that trapp in the early days of bonding, ect
like everything in life, its easy when you know how.
ps make sure the lace is oil free as well.
yeah it sounds looks daunting ,but hey if we wrote the mechanics of walking
you'd say hell i cant do that.
kinda puts t into perspective.
03-25-2011, 07:54 AM,
First things first.
How old is the glue?
Where is the glue stored?
Both these factors can really affect the glue composition.
Always try and have a spare bottle of glue handy and or tape.
To combat the gooey mess try drying with a cool hairdryer to set the glue first of all before you try and remover.This should help to keep most of the glue from the lace.
If that fails try applying liberal ammounts of talcum powder on to the wig whilst attached.This should help solidify the glue mess a bit.
Secondly,if you,or anyone else runs out of lace release or alcohol,then simply use an alcoholic spirit,ie, whisky,vodka etc..
This really does work and is a great emergency go to,especially if you are on holiday abroad and you can't take your usual supplies with you.
Let us know how you got on?
03-25-2011, 07:57 AM,
Yeah I need to time it. I've been wearing for a few years, I haven't messed it up this bad in years! It was horrible, I tried using alochol to lift the front but it wasnt budging, more hair got stuck in the glue. I tried to trim, what looked like excess glue, but it was meshed up in the lace.

I thought I could do a comb down style, but my frontal piece doesnt allow me to do that, with the shape of the piece. Also my current cut is for a short spikey style, and it looked weird when I tried combing it down.

So I wore a hat today, had to do some errands. Came home, and im leaving it to soak in dissolvit. I'm going to reattach later on tonight.

Btw, I use superstick...works very well for me, just got to leave it to dry longer and not try to pull the lace down to stretch it. The lace partial is shrinking at the back edges, as it frays ive been trimming it, so im left with a high hairline. Not by much, but it looked strange to me,

Do you measure fingers from the top of your eyebrows or center where they meet?

Thanks for the replies!
03-26-2011, 06:31 AM,
Not sure ur question, but I use 3 fingers above the eyebrows at the center of my forehead to determine where my hairline should be. But some people use four fingers. Depends on how high you want it really and how it matches ur recession, but I wouldn't go lower than 3 fingers, that is the standard i think