Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Advice please (photos)
03-23-2011, 09:30 PM,
RE: Advice please (photos)
(03-23-2011, 06:53 PM)sagem Wrote: Are they complimenting your piece, or do they think its natural?Also are they suggesting you grow your the sides out to blend more into the piece or just telling you to grow your hair?
What piece? LOL!!
Viper is merely asking for advice so that he can order a piece and the suggestions above are to help him prepare a template and how best he can achieve a natural look for when he orders and then recieves his piece.
The thing is though is that Viper has great side and back hair which will make the transition very easy for him,so he has no need to shave any of his natural growing hair apart from the obvious thin wispey hair on the top of his head.
03-23-2011, 10:03 PM,
(03-23-2011, 06:53 PM)sagem Wrote: Are they complimenting your piece, or do they think its natural?Also are they suggesting you grow your the sides out to blend more into the piece or just telling you to grow your hair?
honestly just telling me to grow my hair,
i got those comments about my sides before i wore, but i like my short back&sides(or fades)
03-23-2011, 10:35 PM,
@LTB i was asking antywanty a question, thanks for the reply antwanty..
03-24-2011, 12:00 AM,
(03-23-2011, 10:35 PM)sagem Wrote: @LTB i was asking antywanty a question, thanks for the reply antwanty..
No problem.
Just that i didn't see any reference to whom you were replying to?
This is when threads can get complicated when comments and answers are made with no reference to the source.
03-24-2011, 07:41 AM,
I hear you Paul, I just don't see a reason for it. LIke I said people get transplants to have hair in that area, I don't see the need trim it down. I say that cause I wish I had more hair in that area going towards the eyebrows, I think it adds more realism. But who knows, Maybe hell put the unit on and you will be right and just have a better eye than I do. But I suggest he doesn't till he puts the unit on and see how it looks first.
03-25-2011, 03:13 AM,
Hi Xeon ...just to clarify....my original suggestion was that IF he was going with Temple-flaps, he`d maybe bring them down to `marry-up`with the hair which is `jutting out` [hence he wouldn`t need to `tidy`it] ..but if he`s going with LTB`s short flaps, it might look a little `cleaner`from the side view, if he just `tweak` that little bit there..but I totally agree with you on the point of wait `till the system is on and see how it looks overall..cheers, Paul.
03-26-2011, 06:38 AM,
No , I understand what you mean. And you might be right, but Im not really sure. I think that those areas of the temples do not need to line up to the top area. I think the hair jutting out to the eyebrows doesn't really make a difference. I think a lot of people have it that way actually with full heads of hair. I think the irregular shape might actually add to the realism. I guess he will find out when he puts it on.
03-26-2011, 06:50 AM,
Viper,

In my opinion, temple flaps are necessary if you want a lower hairline. The reason is because it gives you a narrower forehead (more hair on the side = more narrow looking forehead).

You are an older gentleman (and I say this in the most respectful way), so I don't think a lower hairline would suit you.

What I do notice from the photos is that you still have thin hair on your temple. This is great because another option would be getting dermatch and darkening those temple hairs. This allows you to naturally bring down your hairline to a place that is in proportion to your temple hair.

Have you ever noticed people with a low hairline, yet they don't have that sharp angle created by temple hair? That is a dead giveaway for me.

Good luck!

Leamon
03-27-2011, 05:55 AM,
Yeah to me its about the height vs the length and the density of the piece. It has to be symmetrical. You can have angular temple recession as long as the distance is not extreme. When I designed my temple flaps I looked at numerous pics of people with real hair and studied different hairlines and temple points. The worst is what you are saying. When its high density, and too low of a forehead matched into receceeding side hair or hair that is way too wide. Total giveaway.