Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Advice please (photos)
03-20-2011, 03:15 AM,
Advice please (photos)
Hi Guys

Well I have finally decided to take the plunge but before I place my order some advice from experienced wearers would be much appreciated.

I have attached photographs to give you an idea of my hair as it is now (they were taken on the spur of the moment so apologies for the quality).

I haven't finally decided on a style as yet but it will probably be combed back exposing the hairline. As I see it, freestyle with a 55% density would be a good option, judging by the pictures posted by Paul from Ireland. They look pretty good. As regards the base I am looking for a balance between invisibility and durability.
I am also wondering whether or not I would need temple flaps.

I'm shure I will have a few more questions after receiving your replies

Look forward to hearing from you

Viper

Attached Files Image(s)

03-20-2011, 05:47 AM,
RE: Advice please
Hi Viper.... I `ve `lifted`and drawn on one of your pics what I think might work well for you..just a suggestion, but always try to replicate your original hair/style ...for your age, some recession is natural -looking and normal...... I`d suggest you go for a swept-back style/ventilation as that will sit nicely onto your own hair.....density...yeah about 55% should be fine.....may I also suggest a few grey hairs interspersed there at the sideburn area. You have a few in your own growing hair and it will really add to the realism of a system. As your style will be swept-back, you should go for Swiss lace for undetectability to the eye... you could possibly get away without flaps at all --- I`m kind of 50/50 on that point---but the only issue with them being kind of narrow, is Swiss lace can be a little `weak`and tend to tear from the de/re-bonding...it`s recommended usually to go for French lace for flaps, but with your hair being `swept -back`the French might be that bit more visible there than Swiss...so it`s a bit of a trade-off [we`ll see what other readers think] If you get a few greys put in, remember they are artificial/fiber so that they don`t absorb colour in the event that you need to touch-up/ freshen the colour of your system in time to come.....they can be more detectable to the touch but just a few here and there shouldn`t present any issue for you really. I hope that gives some food for thought......cheers, Paul,.

Attached Files Image(s)

03-20-2011, 07:45 AM,
Personally i would go for a small temple flap to emphasise the recession which would be in keeping with your age,no offence meant.
55% seems about right with a nice graduation and some grey,maybe 5% added?

Attached Files Image(s)

03-20-2011, 08:22 AM,
If you are going to comb your hair back all the time, I would recommend getting something like a brushback ventilation. Freestyle has a tendency to go forward and you might have to keep training the hair to get it back etc.

Flaps can be used to achieve the look YOU want. This has to be your decision. It depends on how low you want your hairline. You should get a recession that fits your age. You could go with either of the drawings above, but the one by LTB might be a more natural look. I would say go with something like Paul's flaps if you are trying to get a low forehead, the typical 3 fingers length. If you want more recession and something that might fit your age a little more go with LTB's. It really depends on the look YOU want. but use common sense. If your hairline is very low, but your forehead is very wide, People are gonna think its a wig, That is a big giveaway. U have to match the length and width of your forehead.
03-20-2011, 08:32 PM,
Yeah --probably LTB`s would be a bit less hassle and be less likely to be visible.....if you go with that, I`d advise you to shave your own hair back, just slightly there, on [your] pic 4 ...the little greying bit near your fingers there...it`s kind of `heading`for the eye-brow area....I`d just take that back less than half an inch off the face there....then you won`t have to get longer flaps to come down to that area......and LTB`s suggestion will give a nice `normal` recession which is / will be age-appropriate.
03-23-2011, 06:50 AM,
RE: Advice please (photos)
Why should he shave his temples off? Is that what you are referring to? I would def leave them. People kill to have hair there lol. I don't really see the point of removing that area. I suggest you don't do it, unless u put the unit on and you feel that you need to for some reason
03-23-2011, 07:40 AM,
The only hair i would shave off would be the very thin wispey hair on the top of the head,the rest i would leave well alone personally.
As has been said you have geat side/temple hair to work with and will make the overall look a breeze!!
03-23-2011, 08:34 AM,
dont forget,everyones being a tadd technical here, guess what in reality they look, utterly superb.
short of a miacle tommorow, modern hair systems are the next best thing.
iv never had so many compliments about my hair,(well someone elses hair on my head would be factually correct)
people dont mention bad hair they just look at it and think youre to dumb to notice(when i used conceallers)
now the woman are saying let the sides grow out, lose the faded sides style.
im not ready to look 46 when i look 36.
anyway enjoy.
the guys here were fantastic when i started out, been wearing now for nearly 6 months.
03-23-2011, 06:53 PM,
Are they complimenting your piece, or do they think its natural?Also are they suggesting you grow your the sides out to blend more into the piece or just telling you to grow your hair?
03-23-2011, 08:33 PM,
(03-23-2011, 06:50 AM)Xeon005 Wrote: Why should he shave his temples off? Is that what you are referring to? I would def leave them. People kill to have hair there lol. I don't really see the point of removing that area. I suggest you don't do it, unless u put the unit on and you feel that you need to for some reason

Hi .. I didn`t say he should ``shave his temples off`` .. I merely said the little bit of hair which is `` heading`` for the eyebrow area, could be slightly taken back LESS than half an inch as it might look a little bit `odd` if he goes with the shorter temple - flaps...it`s kind of jutting out across the face a bit .... I merely suggest he `tidy`it a little. Paul.