Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any Hair stylists on here? (diagram)
03-20-2011, 05:48 AM,
RE: Any Hair stylists on here?
Hey, I had you in mind when I wrote this, I figured you knew how to cut hair at the least from all your photos I have seen. I been cutting my own hair, but i really want to learn how to do fades better. or taper fades etc.

My goal is to cut my own back and side hair on the bottom at a number 1 guard and fade up into perhaps a number 5 guard at the upper part of where my own back and side hair ends. I been doing it OKK, but not perfect. I still get lines and stuff. I know you skilled guys use clipper over comb etc. But its hard to do this for me holding a mirror. I usually use the "skip a guard technique". Here is my idea, I just wanted to run it by you if I may.

I first was going to buzz my own back/side hair on a Number 5 guard. Than I was going to skip the 4 and go to a 3. Start from the bottom and where I want it to end .. about halfway up, I use a strong rocking motion. I am thinking this rocking motion at the transition between 3, 5 would blend..

Next I was gonna try and create the fade with a number 1. but instead of doing the typical bottom to top motion, I take the clippers sideways as an angle and go around the are I want to fade. Hoping that the angulation will blending into the #3 length . See picture below

Sorry for the long question. Just curious what you think about this method, i haven't tried it yet.. Or if you have any suggestions on how to get a taper fade etc.

Attached Files Image(s)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Any Hair stylists on here? - Xeon005 - 03-20-2011, 05:48 AM
RE: Any Hair stylists on here? - Xeon005 - 03-20-2011, 01:10 PM
RE: Any Hair stylists on here? - Xeon005 - 03-21-2011, 06:08 AM