Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We need clear density pictures
03-16-2011, 02:44 AM,
RE: We need clear density pictures
I think those pictures are one of the most vital things to put on the order website. Even more so than ventilation. Wrong ventilation does not screw you over nearly as bad as wrong density.
03-16-2011, 07:58 AM,
Yeah I agree, I think ordering the right density can be the most tricky part. Its hard to get a feel for density. You can look at two pics of the same density and they look completely different. Ideally it would be awesome to see the same hair system.. like a stock system same contour, same hair color same hair length,, same dry or same wet, size etc. but with different densities. that would be the best. Second best I guess would be just having the same density sample on top of human skin to get an idea.

Maybe we should have a thing where we send in a very clear picture of the density we want along with the template and hair sample? maybe visual things can carry across language barriers. Maybe its best if we send in a picture of the style we want to the person who is actually making our unit?
03-16-2011, 10:54 AM,
Agreed. There should be a sticky topic here with detailed instructions on how to take and send in pics that could be included in the density library.

However, I don't think pictures of systems alone would be useful. While on head, a unit looks much different and this is what we should go for.
03-16-2011, 02:07 PM,
I mean a picture of someones hair, Or a style etc that you are looking for to go with the template. Just like something visual for the ventilator to look at. This could be how you want the hairline etc. A lot of times we are at the mercy of the individual person doing the hair system. I mean even if you give a density, I doubt its an exact science.
03-17-2011, 01:21 PM,
Xeon,
You're right. These are handmade units and no two are alike. But a picture is a big help. I will send it in to the factory with your order so they can see exactly what you'd like to get.
Regards,
John
http://toplace.com
04-12-2011, 12:35 AM,
Well, I just found an excellent example of density pictures and I must say it rattled my cage.

Before placing my order, I was advised by several people, including John and particularly Debbie, to go for 65% density...
Well, just a minute ago I found very clear pics of 65% units: http://www.forum.toplace.com/showthread....615&page=1

If I'd receive unit that looks like that, I'd... well, let's just say I'd be very unhappy.
My most of my own thinning hair has more density than that.

I ordered 75% but it makes me think if even that's gonna be enough...

'Buying a pig in a poke' springs to mind like there's no tomorrow.
04-12-2011, 06:45 AM,
(04-12-2011, 12:58 AM)timguyperson Wrote: But if your hair already looks as thick as the rest of the piece in the pics gel put up, then I think you are going into wearing prematurely.

I wouldn't be doing that if my crown and hair line were good.