Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blending the sides properly
09-12-2009, 02:44 AM,
Blending the sides properly
Hi guys, I'm new here, from the other site, making the switch. My question is about blending the sides. Why does every HP sylist insist on 1" over the length of the natural hair? I keep my sides/back at about 1.75" and inevitably they want to leave the HP at about 2.75" on the sides. Is this necessary for blending?

Thanks
Dave
09-12-2009, 06:35 AM,
Re: Blending the sides properly
NO NO NO NO it isn't and I will debate any professional hairsylist on this one. What is most important for a blend is to get the right DENSITY when you get a new hairsystem. I always hated the fact whenever i would go for a cut and re-attachment at the salon the person would fuss over getting ever one of my own hairs perfectly even an trimmed and wonder why i wasn't loving it when they would then cut in the piece long haired and shabby..."oh, you need it this way in order to blend..."

Well, you don't. You should keep the piece hair maybe a tiny bit longer but so long as you take time to use a cutting (razor) comb AND get the edge of the HP lace tight up to your own hair (try not to overlap tape on own hair and also don't leave a gap as this will create a line effect). The art of putting on a HP by yourself, loaded with tape, is to get comfortable using 2 mirrors. I would be lost without two bathroom mirrors at 90degrees of each other...one is over sink and one is on wall and is a swinging medicine cabinet door...works great cause i can use 2 hands to apply piece.

here is a pic of mine with short own and short HP hair done with clippers and a razor comb.
[Image: DSC00848.jpg]
09-12-2009, 08:36 AM,
Re: Blending the sides properly
jeffsxyz Wrote:NO NO NO NO it isn't and I will debate any professional hairsylist on this one. What is most important for a blend is to get the right DENSITY when you get a new hairsystem. I always hated the fact whenever i would go for a cut and re-attachment at the salon the person would fuss over getting ever one of my own hairs perfectly even an trimmed and wonder why i wasn't loving it when they would then cut in the piece long haired and shabby..."oh, you need it this way in order to blend..."

Well, you don't. You should keep the piece hair maybe a tiny bit longer but so long as you take time to use a cutting (razor) comb AND get the edge of the HP lace tight up to your own hair (try not to overlap tape on own hair and also don't leave a gap as this will create a line effect). The art of putting on a HP by yourself, loaded with tape, is to get comfortable using 2 mirrors. I would be lost without two bathroom mirrors at 90degrees of each other...one is over sink and one is on wall and is a swinging medicine cabinet door...works great cause i can use 2 hands to apply piece.

Thanks for the info. Your pictures are what caused me to really question their 1" rule. I don't understand why they insist upon it. Would an additional 1/4" be enough for a blending? Also, how far up the side of the HP do you consider to be the side area and begin shortening the length that was on the top? For instance if I have 3" front/top where should the side blending begin on the HP?