Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hairline Transplant with Hair Piece pics??
03-23-2010, 01:34 AM,
Hairline Transplant with Hair Piece pics??
Hi all,
Just wondering if anyone out there have a transplanted hairline and wear a piece behind it. I am thinking this will be a great way to keep it low maintenance. If you have any pics please post post them here. Smile
03-23-2010, 06:08 AM,
Re: Hairline Transplant with Hair Piece pics??
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://hair-restoration-info.com/eve/fo">http://hair-restoration-info.com/eve/fo</a><!-- m --> ... tartwith=1
03-23-2010, 06:14 AM,
<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.toplace.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=851">viewtopic.php?f=2&t=851</a><!-- l -->
03-23-2010, 07:14 AM,
I know Brendan Fraser does this. His pieces are nothing short of amazing. Blending on his pieces are topnotch.

You can achieve a realistic hairline with a piece. I don't know how having a 'real hairline' would help with maintenance. You would still have to apply tape and attach the piecce. I think it would make it more difficult to attach well. However, I can see advantages - not having to worry about putting pressure on the front hairline would be a big one.

I had the same stream of thought when I was wearing for a short time. Truth is though, I don't anymore. Attaching the piece correctly has become very easy. If you have been wearing for a short amount of time, keep at it until you get good at attaching. Then consider whether a front transplant is for you...
03-24-2010, 12:41 AM,
It's also important to note that getting a hair transplant is no guarantee that it will work. Everyday I hear from people that say 'my transplant didn't take.' For whatever reason the transplants didn't 'take root' and the hair never grew like it did when it was in its original donor area. And the doctors that get into this line of work are not always the 'cream of the crop.' Like every profession there's doctors out there will take your money and then say 'there's no guarantee that this will work.' If you're considering this route it's a good idea to do a lot of research. Check out the doctors and get as much information as possible both about the doctors and the procedure. The donor area will leave a scar so that's another thing to consider. And be prepared to wait for 12-18 months while the hair grows in.
03-27-2010, 03:02 PM,
I do this. I had hair transplants throughout the 90s and finally gave up and started wearing about a year ago. I shave the transplants except for the hairline and wear a topper behind it. I have to believe it is definitely lower maintenance because after about a week, when the hairline starts to raise up due to hair growing underneath it, I can still get a couple of days in before I have to reattach because my "real" hair hides the lace. The downside is that fitting your unit into the bald area is tough. Your template has to be perfect because you have to fit the unit into a closed oval rather than an open ended U shape. There's less room for error in attaching. I've had to do several reattachments because I accidentally overlap the unit onto my hairline by just a millimeter and the lace starts to detach within a day.

Still, I'm very glad I don't have to worry about the lace showing at the hairline.
03-29-2010, 02:11 AM,
Hairypalm,
Did you experience scarring in the donor area?
Thanks,
John
03-29-2010, 01:04 PM,
Yes, I did. I am fortunate in that my donor area is pretty thick. My back, and sides are thick and come up fairly high on my head. I keep my hair short on the back and sides (3/4 inch) and you can barely see the scars if you know what you're looking for. But yes, I certainly did have scarring. I think techniques have gotten better since I had my work done.
03-31-2010, 06:50 AM,
I can see the benefit of having your own hair for the hairline. I think the hairline part of wearing a system is the most tricky part. Its the part that has to look the best all the time, if you show any hairline that is. The no residue tapes that work well with hairpieces never look quite right at the front. The best looking thing at the front is using glues etc. And those can get messy and are more of a hassle to deal with. So I would imagine if i had my own real hairline. I would probably just get a skin piece or something, and use got2bblued to attach .. I think it would be easier.

But on the same hand. U would have to spend all that money, go through whatever pain and risk and time to heal just to still need to wear a hair system anyway. Im not sure if its totally worth it. Because there is a risk you might not even like it. Theres also a risk of the hairs falling out. If this was a definite cure for hairloss than i would be like sure w hy not. But if you are really balding and ONLLY want to do the front hairline transplanted. Not sure if its really worth it anymore.
04-03-2010, 08:34 PM,
Thanks for the posts guys. Sorry I couldn't reply earlier but I was away for a while and didn't get a chance to visit the forum. Well here are my problems with the front hairline:
# I sweat a lot at the hairline which keeps lifting the lace up after 1-2 day attachment.
# I am dark skinned so the lace really stands out once it lifts up even a tiny bit. (See Beyonce's photo for proof)
# No matter how hard I try the glue seeps through to the piece hair and they form clumps after about 2 months of use. ( pbly due to my excessive sweating)
# Every tape I tried stands out at my hairline due to the tone of my skin.
# I have been maintaining a comb forward style but it really doesn't suit my round face.

After considering all my options I thought if I go with a transplanted hairline (atleast 2 inches deep) then I can just attach a piece with tape behind it. I understand that it will be hard to get it right but somehow I think it will be a better option for me.

hairypalm Wrote:The downside is that fitting your unit into the bald area is tough. Your template has to be perfect because you have to fit the unit into a closed oval rather than an open ended U shape.

This is something that worries me too. But I feel this will be a lot easier than re-attaching the hair-line every day.

ToplaceUSA Wrote:If you're considering this route it's a good idea to do a lot of research.
Thanks for that. Hopefully I find a good surgeon to do this. I will definetly let you know the progress.