Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
please answer me something..
03-10-2011, 09:29 AM,
please answer me something..
I've been chatting with a person that wears.. and has told me that is IMPOSIBLE for me to wear + surf...

That in 3 sesh I'm going to have to throw it away..

This has dissapointed me a lot.. and I don't know what to do now...

Please help me..

I've thought that I could have 2 pieces.. one for surfing and the other one for looking good..

What do you think?
03-10-2011, 10:28 AM,
RE: please answer me something..
(03-10-2011, 09:29 AM)younggun Wrote: I've been chatting with a person that wears.. and has told me that is IMPOSIBLE for me to wear + surf...

That in 3 sesh I'm going to have to throw it away..

This has dissapointed me a lot.. and I don't know what to do now...

Please help me..

I've thought that I could have 2 pieces.. one for surfing and the other one for looking good..

What do you think?

I've gone surfing and diving and been on some crazy roller coasters. Just use a very strong tape, and you won't have any issues. I always wash and condition after being in the salt water or the pool.
03-10-2011, 01:05 PM,
Thank YOU very much dude! you've made my day again
Well.. Let's say that I get an hour of surfing per day.. but after that I quickly wash my hair with douce water and condition it.. (this with my "surf" piece I say), and when I know that I'm going to spend 2 weeks let's say without surfing I use another "better" piece),

Can I get at least 2 month out of a piece?
03-10-2011, 07:58 PM,
I go scuba diving and have not had any problems. I put a little hair oil on first because of salty water which will tangle your hair. cool water rinse after the water activity and conditioner. I dont shampoo till I reattach.
03-10-2011, 10:01 PM,
This is what I would do if I was surfing.

I would do a full headbond. And surf on the 2nd or 3rd day of attchment, as the bond is strongest and at its "sweet spot".

Have a piece ready thats already got tape attached, to save time. This one would

Then after surfing detach and put the new one.

I'm not sure how you'd cope with surfing more than once a week, I think you'd always have to do full headbonds.
03-10-2011, 10:36 PM,
I think I'm just gonna wear a helmet
03-11-2011, 08:48 AM,
I just don't want to choose between doing my passion and having hair...

My first goals are:

I just want HAIR, believe or not.. I am no obsessed in that, I'm just ugly without hair LOL.. I've already told everyone that I'm going to wear, so people detecting it is not my problem...

- I want to use full cap. Because my sides are bad, and I want a full head of hair.. That way also blending is not an issue for me.. I'll do first attach in the salon and I will learn everything there.

- I always rinse my hair before and JUST after my hair gets dry.. So I think maybe it's not an issue, I mean, for the color.. Can I have at least a let's say 2 month durability? (I'll buy hair dyers, I sometime have had blue hair and that kind of crazy stuff so color maybe is not a problem). What do I have to buy also to protect my hair from the sun?? anti-UV conditioner or so??

- Also, I want to sometimes walk in the street bald, in places where nobody know me, to sunbath my scalp and FEEL the wind Big Grin, that's also why I want a full cap.. I dont wanna walk with long hair on the sides hehehehe.

And I think that's it...

Do you think I have a chance?? "please be honest"

Thanks!
03-11-2011, 10:30 AM,
This might help,

http://www.crownedbeautiful.com/blog/34-...t-and-sand
03-11-2011, 10:00 PM,
Hi Henry --that looks interesting ..just had a fast glance through it and bookmarked it ...I think as long as younggun is sensible and allows for the fact that a lot of exposure to salt water / sun will have an impact, I reckon with a good care- routine there is no reason why a reasonable `lifespan` for a system cannot be achieved.....I guess the only real way to find out is to wear and see how it goes.... we can speculate all day as to what might/mighn`t happen but the only way for an individual to really find out is wear and see.... other guys have said they had no major problems from swimming etc... obviously `harsher`treatment of a system will shorten it`s life- span, but it`s not going to be a disaster within a week of first putting it on.....just depends on a few `local`factors.Paul.
03-12-2011, 02:11 PM,
Wow.. that was really good, thanks dude, seriously