Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
calling all tl 700 users (close up photo)
03-13-2011, 10:18 AM,
RE: calling all tl 700 users
John,
The hair on a TL 700 is looped hair between two very thin layers of skin---really thin skin. Don't ask me how the factory does this because I don't know. So if you wear your hair plulled back in a pony tail it would pulling on the base and I wouldn't recommend a TL 700.
Here's a super close up photo of the hair line on a TL 700 New Generation base.
John

Attached Files Image(s)

03-13-2011, 11:35 AM,
(03-13-2011, 10:18 AM)ToplaceUSA Wrote: John,
The hair on a TL 700 is looped hair between two very thin layers of skin---really thin skin. Don't ask me how the factory does this because I don't know. So if you wear your hair plulled back in a pony tail it would pulling on the base and I wouldn't recommend a TL 700.
John

I'm wearing my TL700 right now.
Yesterday i used "nice n easy dark brown". The instructions said 25 mins for hair to receive the color. I use it because I have greys on my sides and back. I have also found out that I can get a perfect color match.
I placed the color paste on my own hair and waited 10 mins. I then started placing it on the TL700 while pinned on a hair block holding it upside down so that color wont get to the base.
While I was at it and since there is a ton of hair color formula I took care of my SFS that I had still on my head LOL.
At the 20+ minute mark, I rinsed out the TL700 thoroughly and then took a shower. My hair, the TL700 and the SFS now match. My greys are also gone.
This morning I took my SFS off. Preped my scalp/shaved etc.
I did a full head Got2bGlued. The front 1 inch I used GhostBond 2 layers on my head and a little bit on the poly front. Waited 5-10 mins and carefully placed it on my head.
It looks great. The scalp (top down) looks real.
I used a robocut for the cut-in. Finished off the whole piece with blending shears all over.
The hairline looks great. I have a side part, with a front(ish) ventilation so there is very little hairline showing.
My only mistake today is I went to the gym and got the white line on the hairline due to sweat. My mistake though. I should have left the glue to cure for a day (oops).
Many ppl have said that these things are hot etc. . .
They are fine. Did not bother me while in the steam room.
There is no "hollow" sound when I touch the piece.
I'd be very comfortable having somebody standing behind me staring at the top of my head or side part.
Will keep you all posted. I'm thinking to wear it during the week at work.
I do wish it was a bit denser though.
I hope I can get 3 months from it. (donno).
03-13-2011, 02:41 PM,
(03-13-2011, 11:35 AM)balamouti Wrote:
(03-13-2011, 10:18 AM)ToplaceUSA Wrote: John,
John

I'm wearing my TL700 right now.
Yesterday i used "nice n easy dark brown". The instructions said 25 mins for hair to receive the color. I use it because I have greys on my sides and back. I have also found out that I can get a perfect color match.
I placed the color paste on my own hair and waited 10 mins. I then started placing it on the TL700 while pinned on a hair block holding it upside down so that color wont get to the base.
While I was at it and since there is a ton of hair color formula I took care of my SFS that I had still on my head LOL.
At the 20+ minute mark, I rinsed out the TL700 thoroughly and then took a shower. My hair, the TL700 and the SFS now match. My greys are also gone.
This morning I took my SFS off. Preped my scalp/shaved etc.
I did a full head Got2bGlued. The front 1 inch I used GhostBond 2 layers on my head and a little bit on the poly front. Waited 5-10 mins and carefully placed it on my head.
It looks great. The scalp (top down) looks real.
I used a robocut for the cut-in. Finished off the whole piece with blending shears all over.
The hairline looks great. I have a side part, with a front(ish) ventilation so there is very little hairline showing.
My only mistake today is I went to the gym and got the white line on the hairline due to sweat. My mistake though. I should have left the glue to cure for a day (oops).
Many ppl have said that these things are hot etc. . .
They are fine. Did not bother me while in the steam room.
There is no "hollow" sound when I touch the piece.
I'd be very comfortable having somebody standing behind me staring at the top of my head or side part.
Will keep you all posted. I'm thinking to wear it during the week at work.
I do wish it was a bit denser though.
I hope I can get 3 months from it. (donno).

bala, how does the hairline look when its completely exposed?
03-14-2011, 07:24 AM,
RE: calling all tl 700 users (close up photo)
Thin skin systems wont feel hot when you do a whole head bond. But if you attach on the perimeter and hair can get between your skin and the system, ur scalp is going to sweat and it will feel a little hot and uncomfortable. But if u cover ur scalp with got2b or glue, than there is no hair between the thin skin and ur own scalp, so u are blocking off the sweat etc.. Thats why some people claim skin systems are not hot. But if u are not the type to do a whole head bond of any form.. than u might def get hot and oily underneath the skin.
03-14-2011, 09:01 AM,
(03-14-2011, 07:24 AM)Xeon005 Wrote: Thin skin systems wont feel hot when you do a whole head bond. But if you attach on the perimeter and hair can get between your skin and the system, ur scalp is going to sweat and it will feel a little hot and uncomfortable. But if u cover ur scalp with got2b or glue, than there is no hair between the thin skin and ur own scalp, so u are blocking off the sweat etc.. Thats why some people claim skin systems are not hot. But if u are not the type to do a whole head bond of any form.. than u might def get hot and oily underneath the skin.

Lotsa potential with a thin skin. Sfs is king of the hairline though. Especially with a few layers of glue.
Thin skin is great with at least medium to medlight density. The hairline looks great. The best of both worlds would be 1 inch sfs front. The rest skin.
With skin the hairline may get cloudy if you sweat. Sfs will still look great.
I'll continue to experiment with the skin n keep u all posted.
U should buy one to experiment with.
I cannot imagine a thinner base. It's much thinner than paper.
03-14-2011, 04:59 PM,
Is light density alright with the TL 700 if you wear a side part and cover the front hairline? I am thinking of ordering a custom TL 700 but dont want a lot of hair because of my age, 67.

Thanks,

Jim
03-15-2011, 07:47 AM,
There are pros and cons to skin,, Some of what you hear I found not to be true after wearing skin systems. You always hear about the ease of clean up with skin pieces compared to lace. this is not true entirely. You really can't use any strong tapes on these very thin skins. Forget about blue liner, even no residue tape can make a mess. It really depends on the skin material, there are a lot of variations even with the very thin skin pieces. Some are more shiny, some are more dull. they stick to tapes differently. Its hard to know which you are going to get.

I don't know why, but I find the clean up easier with lace. Most of the time the residue stays on my scalp because I don't wear for really long periods of time. But what i like about skin is how the hairs and stuff doesnt go through.
03-15-2011, 01:26 PM,
Is "light" density ok to use on the thin skin?
03-16-2011, 08:06 AM,
To me it is. Sometimes I feel with skin factories sometimes use too much density, maybe its intentionally cause they want to cover up the skin, but I don't think its necessary.
03-22-2011, 08:52 AM,
(03-16-2011, 08:06 AM)Xeon005 Wrote: To me it is. Sometimes I feel with skin factories sometimes use too much density, maybe its intentionally cause they want to cover up the skin, but I don't think its necessary.

Just wanted to give a quick update on my skin system.
I attached last nite with gbond. A bit on the front and sides and back. I also put a bit on the center.
It looks great. The front looks great 2. I'll try to post some pix.
Nobody noticed that I changed pieces lol.
I hope it holds up well and de/re won't destroy it.