Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
calling all tl 700 users (close up photo)
07-26-2011, 02:36 PM,
RE: calling all tl 700 users (close up photo)
(07-26-2011, 01:24 PM)Robert James Fischer Wrote: A skin hairline is just not going to look as good as a good swiss lace front. Period. However, a piece with an EXTREMELY thin edge and a bit of work can look reasonably good. You'll need the front edge to be 0.02mm or less. The front will need to be trimmed very closely, and bit of adhesive such as G2BG will be needed to disguise the very edge.

I won't look perfect, but it can be passable and very, very easy to maintain. I wouldn't recommend skin fronts for very tightly exposed hairlines, but they can survive casual exposure.

Thx Robert

I agree after seeing a friend's skin hair piece. i am also told that Injected hair break easily from the base while styling as compared to knots.

Any thoughts on this.
07-27-2011, 06:38 AM,
RE: calling all tl 700 users (close up photo)
(07-26-2011, 02:36 PM)firyspell Wrote:
(07-26-2011, 01:24 PM)Robert James Fischer Wrote: A skin hairline is just not going to look as good as a good swiss lace front. Period. However, a piece with an EXTREMELY thin edge and a bit of work can look reasonably good. You'll need the front edge to be 0.02mm or less. The front will need to be trimmed very closely, and bit of adhesive such as G2BG will be needed to disguise the very edge.

I won't look perfect, but it can be passable and very, very easy to maintain. I wouldn't recommend skin fronts for very tightly exposed hairlines, but they can survive casual exposure.

Thx Robert

I agree after seeing a friend's skin hair piece. i am also told that Injected hair break easily from the base while styling as compared to knots.

Any thoughts on this.

Pretty much any thin base is more prone to shedding or breaking. Compare swiss lace to mono or even french lace.

I will say, however, skin pieces tend to shed and wear out less much less quickly if they're worn "daily". Taking them off at night reduces wear immensely. Skin pieces a snap to take on and off.