Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
New here and got some questions?
03-09-2011, 05:30 AM,
New here and got some questions?
Hey everyone, I wish I would have found this site 2 years ago before spending over $6,000 and suffering permanent damage to my scalp by incomptetent people who do not know what their doing and are only after my money.
1. My first question is as far as the template goes can i just send one of my old systems in and they can match the same shape/size?
2. I was always told by the stylists of the place that I went that the long lasting bonding glue (3 or 4 week hold) can only be sold to people with a cosmotology license. Knowing now that this is bull I'm guesing Ultra hold is the long wear adhesive used?
3. I have never heard of knot sealer how important is this and what purpose does it serve?
4. My hair is dark so I'd probably order a 1b, rather than stress about bleaching the knots, can I order light blond hair for an inch in the front and sides, this way i can just dye it darker with a gentle dye?
5. One of the many problems I had with ordering systems from the place I used to go to was getting the crown in a spot where it looks natural ( it was always to high), I've seen on the ordering form you can have it centered or right or left but can I specify exactly where I want it, say a certain amount of inches from the back of the unit?
6. What is the best glue remover to use? I'm more concerned with something that is gentle on my own hair, I have possibly permanent damage (traction alopecia) from a woman who did not now how to use easy-off.
That's all I can think of right now but if anyone has any pictures comparing densities and degrees of waviness that would be appreciated, a lot of pictures from the old posts are not comming up, thanks guys.
03-09-2011, 08:56 AM,
RE: New here and got some questions?
1. Yes.

2. Could be. I am not sure what those salons use, I heard some of them use hard bonding glues, most people don't use that stuff here, i don't think. I don't think you really want to wear 3-4 weeks at a time, its disgusting.

3. I never used it myself, but it supposed to seal the knots and protect them from shedding etc when you use adhesives. I hear different things, some people don't like it, some do. I have heard it can turn lace into sort of a thinskin.

4. yeah you can, some people do that. Not sure what the drawbacks are though.. There might be a reason why people don't do that often. John would know more than me.

5. I would recommend ordering freestyle, but you could also just indicate it on the template itself with instructions on the order form. I would probably just draw it right on the template itself.. but if u are sending in a unit for copying,, than i guess u can give them instructions. My suggestion is make things the least complicated you can. the more complicated the order the more chances for things to go wrong.

6. For me personally. 91 percent alcohol is fine. I have even used 70 something percent. So u need alcohol, and get a citrus based solvent. There a bunch of them. I hardly even use it, but its good to have for stubborn glue that wont come out. I put the citrus solvent on the residue on the lace, let it soak up until the glue gets gooey than mirror slide it right off. That means rubbing the lace onto a mirror and sliding it. The glue sticks to the mirror. There are variations to this method, including rubbing it on saran wrap, brown paper bags, blown up balloons, foil,, etc etc.

Others might recommend a product called desolve-it. Some soak their unit in it to get all the residue off. I don't use this method.
03-09-2011, 10:28 AM,
The knots are bleached at the factory so you don`t have to bother worrying on that score. Knot sealer prevents knots unravelling ..should be applied very sparingly ....there is a tutorial in the ``Info links for newbies`` thread at the top of the page. You can basically have anything you want..just indicate on your template [ or mark the exact spot on an old system if you`re sending one in] where you want your crown to be located. If you do a regular [say, weekly] de-bond, you`ll find that the glues don`t end up in a gooey mess and it`s far less hassle to clean both the system and your scalp. Just spray Lace-release through the hair onto the glued/ taped area, allow to penetrate and the system should just lift off easily with little residue on the lace....most will be on the skin..... ``Pure`` glue remover is pretty good, but for stubborn areas [as Xeon said] citrus -based removers are great [just Google citrus glue removers --a good one is called ``Remove``] If you can post a pic or two of your own remaining hair we can give you some feedback on densities /styles
[wave/curl ] Regards for now.. Paul.
03-11-2011, 08:50 AM,
Thanks both of you for the info, I'm mailing my old hair system in tommorow to get the right size and will be ordering my first unit next week. Where is the link for the affiliated company that sells the Ultra hold, knot sealer, disolvent, ect?
03-11-2011, 10:20 AM,
This is the link... http://www.splitendshairreplacement.com/...ds_002.htm
03-14-2011, 05:40 AM,
Thanks Paul, I followed the link but do not see where to order and the only contact info is an e-mail address under the shipping info which says they only take paypal. Any advice on how to order/ a contact number would be appreciated. Otherwise if anyone can suggest a more refutable looking company with an actual order form that takes credit card payments or payments other than pay pal it wold be appreciated.
03-14-2011, 05:52 AM,
(03-14-2011, 05:40 AM)conundrum29 Wrote: Thanks Paul, I followed the link but do not see where to order and the only contact info is an e-mail address under the shipping info which says they only take paypal. Any advice on how to order/ a contact number would be appreciated. Otherwise if anyone can suggest a more refutable looking company with an actual order form that takes credit card payments or payments other than pay pal it wold be appreciated.

Umm, you click on "add to cart"

Whats wrong with paypal? Do not worry about ordering, you're ordering straight from Debbie...thats her website. You'll haver enough to worry about, when you start wearing, than a site looking more refutable. Get your supplies in asap.
03-14-2011, 08:44 AM,
I`ve always just used paypal..it`s probably the most secure method of on-line payment .. it`s really easy to use.. if you have to create an account--well it`s simple....next time you want to order you only have to enter your ID or e mail address you used originally and the transaction is paid immediately [and securely] ..... the last time I paid Toplace for a system it was also via a Pay-pal invoice/request sent to me by e mail..... it`s very convenient. Paul.