Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cannot get a good bond, please help?
03-07-2011, 05:58 PM,
Cannot get a good bond, please help?
Hi everyone, I've been wearing 2 small partial pieces to fill in my receding hairline. I have tried blue liner tape, walker no shine and supertape. I have also tried putting ultrahold and ghost bond on the scalp and then apply the piece with the tape attatched. I clean my head very well and make sure it's dry and I also use the scalp protector for oily skin. I can't go 3 days without the hairline lifting, once it lifts I can literally peel the pieces off my scalp after 3 days. I have just gone a week attachment and I just simply peeled the pieces off very very easily so the bond was very weak, I also found that the tape had melted and was just Like glue as it is melted into the lace. Surely I should be able to get a better attatchment than that. I'm very disappointed, is there something I'm doing wrong? Any help would be much appreciated. Cheers, Shaun.
03-07-2011, 07:54 PM,
RE: Cannot get a good bond, please help?
Hiya Shaun.... try just using glue....how many layers are you applying? ...I must say, I`m surprised that the strong tapes are breaking down.....just try glue on it`s own...you should get more than 3 days..by the way .. are you happy enough with the partials? I know you thought the density was `off`? Just curious...... is the weather very hot where you are too ? That might have a bearing on the bond-duration. Paul.
03-07-2011, 10:54 PM,
I must say I'm surprised about the blue lace. I can get a little bit of lift I guess early on if I pull the hairs up, but I get 6-7 days out of an all blue lace attachment.

Very strange.
03-08-2011, 04:05 AM,
Just been giving this some more thought... try just using glue as I suggested [as they are relatively small partials? ]..... but make sure to apply several layers EXACTLY as stated on the bottle...... allow to go clear/very tacky before apply each layer... you really should not have any problems with those glues ..they really are super-strong. I`d be most surprised if you have further issues, but there has to be a logical reason why the strong tapes seem to be letting you down ..as snell has said there ..he`s getting a week from them... Paul.
03-08-2011, 06:03 AM,
Might be a bad batch of tape. Maybe order a small roll and try that out.

I use a hairdryer for about 20-30 seconds on the tape, with the backing still on. This is with the tape on the piece.

You need to stay away from sweating for about a day.
03-08-2011, 06:11 AM,
Sounds like he has already tried a bunch of products. I guess your scalp is very oily or you are sweating a lot. I mean maybe some peoples oil almost acts like a citrus solvent oil that dissolves the tapes and glues to shit. one thing you should try is possibly kill the problem by the root. what breaks down the tapes, probably ur oil and sweat. why not try using an anti perspiration or something on your head/scalp
03-08-2011, 07:25 AM,
Xeon.. he said he used the scalp -protector which as you know is specifically for this type of issue.. let`s see how he gets on in the next few days....there has to be a logical reason.
03-08-2011, 09:26 AM,
Hey Shaun,

Are you getting enough glue on your scalp?

I had this issue when I first started wearing. I wasn't getting enough glue on my head. The lace needs something to "sink" into. Of course each layer needs to be applied thin, but you need to make sure that there is enough there for the lace to grab to get a good hold.
03-08-2011, 12:29 PM,
(03-08-2011, 09:26 AM)JRob Wrote: Hey Shaun,

Are you getting enough glue on your scalp?

I had this issue when I first started wearing. I wasn't getting enough glue on my head. The lace needs something to "sink" into. Of course each layer needs to be applied thin, but you need to make sure that there is enough there for the lace to grab to get a good hold.

Did you wash the two units before you attached ?
They come spray with silicon and that's on the lace also.
You must get all that clean off the lace (I assume, from your description, that the tape is not sticking to the lace. That is when it lifts, the lace is lifting off the tape, which is still attached to your head).

Also, what product are you putting in the hair ?

Fred
03-08-2011, 05:42 PM,
Thanks for the replies and advice everyone, Im guessing it's my oily skin that's breaking the glue and tape down, but it amazes me how fast it is happening. Paul yes I'm happy using partials because I don't have to shave any hair off I just literally fill in what I dont have. And the density i was happy with once it was cut and styled but its thinning. I just have 2 issues, the bond, and hair falling out which it's getting thinner it's only been 3 weeks and it's a thinner than what I want now. Regarding the bond I may have to just try glue only, I have avoided it because I'm dredding the clean up, where as the tape I can just peel it off the lace and it doest leave a mess. To clarify the problem is not the tape sticking to the lace, it's the tape/glue that is not staying glued to my scalp. Ive been using multiple thin layers of glue letting it get tacky and then applying the pieces with the tape on the lace. But i may try just glue perhaps and see how I go. Cheers everyone!