Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Got 2 TL700s
03-06-2011, 11:05 AM,
Got 2 TL700s
I've been wearing SFS for 6 months or so. I think it's great and I've figured out how to wear SFS glue/tape etc. . .

I slapped a bunch of Got2bGlued on my noggin. After 6 mins I carefully placed the TL700. I can see the potential with this piece.
My only concerns:
1) Is it gonna get hot?
2) Since it's so thin of a material, are hairs gonna start snapping off?
3) I have a desk job. . . prety easy life. How long should I expect this piece to last?
4) There is extra "skin" at the front. . .should I cut it down to the hairline?

Good things:
1) From the top it looks totally natural. amazing.
2) Since I did a full head bond, there is no hollow feeling or sound in the middle.
3) I think if I trim the extra-skin down to the hairline, I may get the front to be invisible.

I've been wearing it for 1 hour. . .hahahaha. Will keep you posted on how this goes.

Any tips and advice is welcome.
03-06-2011, 09:03 PM,
RE: Got 2 TL700s
Hi Balamouti... is the `extra skin` like the extra lace on a lace system ? I`ve not worn these TL700s so just curious to know is there an extra bit on the front ? I wouldn`t have thought so but obviously don`t know..cheers, Paul.
03-07-2011, 01:40 PM,
(03-06-2011, 09:03 PM)Paul In Ireland Wrote: Hi Balamouti... is the `extra skin` like the extra lace on a lace system ? I`ve not worn these TL700s so just curious to know is there an extra bit on the front ? I wouldn`t have thought so but obviously don`t know..cheers, Paul.

Well, I went ahead and cut it off right up to the hairline.
I wore it for half a day on Saturday to see how it would be.
The scalp apearance is awesome from the top.
The hairline is very good. I need to experiment more though with the front.
I does have lotsa potential. It did not make me feel "hot" or uncomfortable.
The Got2bGlued holds it super tight on the head. It took me lotsa water in the shower to eventually get it loose enough to take off with care.
The "skin" material has some elasticity to it. It's thinner than paper. I don't understand how they managed to get hair in this material.

I also experimented with glue at the front. I had to be carefull to let the glue turn clear before attaching.
Will keep you all posted with the experimentations.
For now I'm wearing my SFS with supertape low profile at the front "lazy" and the piece looks just fine.

My SFS is more like medium density (instead of light) and I can get away with murder LOL. The light density piece needs to be close to perfectly attached to make it "right". The mediumish piece is denser and I can get away with tape at the front.
03-07-2011, 04:41 PM,
I get a good 4 months from my TL 700. The hair lines on these units is amazing--it just disappears. I have not seen any other supplier offer skin units this thin. I attach with Got 2 Be Glued Spiking Glue and get a 5-7 hold. Clean up is a snap. I live in Minneapolis and summers can be hot and humid here---I've had not problem wearing the unit. I also wear lace units but for easy of attachment and removal these units are the best. Balamouti you'll have to let us know how many months you get out of your unit.
Regards,
John
http://toplace.com/
03-07-2011, 05:54 PM,
(03-07-2011, 04:41 PM)ToplaceUSA Wrote: I get a good 4 months from my TL 700. The hair lines on these units is amazing--it just disappears. I have not seen any other supplier offer skin units this thin. I attach with Got 2 Be Glued Spiking Glue and get a 5-7 hold. Clean up is a snap. I live in Minneapolis and summers can be hot and humid here---I've had not problem wearing the unit. I also wear lace units but for easy of attachment and removal these units are the best. Balamouti you'll have to let us know how many months you get out of your unit.
Regards,
John
http://toplace.com/

Very good.
When u attatch, do u put Got2bGlued on head only or both head and unit.?
I'm wondering if I should put some GhostBond at the front. . .
03-07-2011, 07:08 PM,
hi balamouti,

How does the hairline look with the TL700? How natural is it? Would you mind putting some pics up?
03-08-2011, 06:17 AM,
The extra skin is a tricky one, but you already have done it. It really depends on how invisible it is for you. If its super invisible i would leave a little tiny bit at the front hairline, but most cut it right to the hairline. when u cut lace or skin right to the hairline, it makes attaching the front a little more difficult if you expose your hairline. What i mean is when you comb your front hairs back , it pulls right on the edge of the skin/lace and wants to lift it. having the little extra in front prevents this.

With skin pieces I usually use a little bit of white glue at the very front center and the rest including my temple flaps i use got2b