Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi, got a cut in, what do I do about the lace?
03-07-2011, 04:33 AM,
RE: Hi, got a cut in, what do I do about the lace?
Firstly, you shouldn`t remove the backing from the tapes until it`s in position on your head....otherwise, as you found out, you cannot possibly get the system into position without it sticking to the scalp and hair getting stuck to it...all you had to do there was spray some lace release onto it to free the hairs rather than pulling/breaking them off. I would just put 2 short bits of tape ..one each side at the temple area, and longer ones the rest of the way. You need to sit in front of a large mirror, and have a hand-held mirror to help you see the back. Just sit the system onto your head and locate what you think is the front hairline position [ I can see what you mean by it being kind of straight rather than curved] ...have a look at the back with the mirror....then just carefully peel off the backing strip from [firstly] one of the temple-point [small] strips and adhere, then do the same on the other side.....now your system is not going to slide around on your head.just carefully peel off the backing from the next strip, adhere it, and the same on the other side. You can finish with the back/nape area. Then just mark your skin along the front hairline where the system is sitting.... just a few light marks/dots to guide you.....you`ll apply your glue from the marks, backwards....a few millimeters is enough..... I feel you can change the style of the hair at the front there ..just mist it with water [once it`s bonded on] and go for a bit of a less-exposed style ..it looks like the hair is long/thick enough to allow you to `play around` with it ....many wearers have these kind of initial `disasters` when trying to get the `hang`of bonding and de-bonding
etc... so I`d just advise you to maybe de-bond the system now as your not satisfied with the positioning etc... use lace release and allow it time to work.....clean the glue residue off your head with glue remover fluid and use it also to clean off your growing hair.. use a cotton pad soaked in de-bonder.....then start from scratch....just pop on 2 shorts strips like I described at the temple area, than 2 longer ones [either side again] and again maybe 2 shorter-ish ones around at the back area there......remember, it`s early days for you...there is NO danger of the system coming loose/off so you don`t need to literally `mummify`` the system with tapes...relax a little..no -one is going to come up to you at work or in the street and run their fingers up under the edge of the system.....it`s not necessary to have every last millimeter of system literally welded-down....you can perfect that as you get more used to working with the glue and tapes.... just for today, try it again as I suggest... I know it`s exasperating when it goes wrong...trust me.. just do as I`ve advised and it should be good... it actually doesn`t look bad in the pics...just try styling it a little differently at the front if you`re conscious of it there..... if you`re thinking of re-ordering, just make your own template...it`s simple to do and you can make it YOUR way ..not some guy who appears to have little interest`s way...there`s plenty pics and step-by-step guide in Snipe`s `` info links for newbies`` at the top of the page......I hope this reaches you before you have to go to work.... [time -difference between here and there] let me know how it goes... Paul.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hi, got a cut in, what do I do about the lace? - Paul In Ireland - 03-07-2011, 04:33 AM