Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi, got a cut in, what do I do about the lace?
03-06-2011, 08:47 PM,
RE: Hi, got a cut in, what do I do about the lace?
Hi Japan..what I mean is simply apply your strips of tape, as you have done. The white part is the `backing tape` which needs to be peeled off to expose the sticky surface. It`s just simpler to make a ``start`` point so you can actually grip it with your fingers in order to peel it off once it`s sitting on your head. It can be tricky to do...sometimes just your fingernail will catch a corner and it will peel off easily, other times using something like a tweezers or [carefully] the tips of a small scissors is helpful ...the backing tape can be stubborn....you`ll get used to it... if you can imagine when you sit the system onto your head, with the tapes on, you`ll have to put your fingers up under it and grip the backing-tape [white part] and peel them off....you need a point to actually grip, so all I`m saying is make a starting- point by peeling back a corner on each strip and `scrunch`it a bit so it doesn`t sit back onto the sticky surface again ...you`ll have a part to grab with your fingers which you can just peel off. I hope that`s clearer. Yes...as you ask.. the edge / perimeter where there is no tape will be detectable /lift if you pushed it upwards... once you have the system in place, and stuck on, you could [carefully ] just fold that part gently up, and apply a THIN layer of glue to the scalp there..wait a few minutes for it to go clear and tacky and then press the lace down onto it... this is a learning curve for a new wearer... I`d recommend using the tape, as you have done, and glue at the front..after a while you`ll get used to using glue and can maybe go for glue all the way around if you really want a full bond right to the edge of the perimeter.. glue can be very messy ..try to keep it off the hair etc......if any does get on it ,just moisten a cotton pad with lace release or Glue remover fluid and gently draw the hair through the pad.....your system perimeter is curved, obviously, and the tapes are all straight edges so naturally there will be a portion of the perimeter which will be non-taped.......as I said, you can carefully work your way around those parts carefully and apply a THIN layer of glue there ....you`re doing fine so far.....just take your time and remember...apply glues THINLY and allow to go clear/tacky before allowing lace into contact with it....Paul.
Well, the old statement `A picture paints a thousand words` holds true so attached is pic. showing what I mean by `scrunching` up a corner of the backing tape......do this for each strip of tape ......all you have to do is position your system correctly, then peel off each one, bonding the system to your skin as you go......I normally do the two at the temples first.... as a newbie, you might find it easier to just use a pretty short strip at those two points[temple area] just to give you that initial `anchor`point ...this allows you to work your way backwards, peeling off the backing tapes as you go and your system will not be slipping out of position on you. The pic shows a short strip of tape....I suggest one of each at the temples just to hold it there while you do your magic! Hope that`s of help..regards... Paul.

Attached Files Image(s)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hi, got a cut in, what do I do about the lace? - Paul In Ireland - 03-06-2011, 08:47 PM