Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi, got a cut in, what do I do about the lace?
03-05-2011, 09:31 PM,
Hi, got a cut in, what do I do about the lace?
Hi,
I just got a cut in now and honestly I don't think they guy who did it knew what they were doing.
I have frontal hair and he put the unit behind my front hair.
It's ok I guess but the fact now is that the lace is showing behind my real hair.
He used tape attachment around the whole perimeter.I asked if he could use glue in the front but he did not have it.
Does anyone know how to make the lace stay down on my scalp behind my hair?

Regards

Japan
03-05-2011, 09:58 PM,
RE: Hi, got a cut in, what do I do about the lace?
I dont`quite follow that.... was this a Toplace system ? If so, why did you not order your supplies [tapes/glues] beforehand? Every wearer needs supplies...what about knot-sealer....I assume that guy didn`t have that either.....you need to order supplies immediately. If he was just a guy obliging you with a cut-in, well I`m surprised he even had tape. The lace shouldn`t really be too noticeable if he taped it properly ..sounds like he didn`t tape right to the very edge [it can be tricky there anyway due to the curvature of the front hairline]....that`s probably why the lace is visible in places....glue ensures all of the lace will `sit down` properly... I suggest you order supplies and style your hair so it covers the problem area until they arrive... Paul.
03-06-2011, 02:39 AM,
Hi Paul,
yes it is a Toplace system.
I just got it last week.
I actually do have the supplies but just do not know how to use them, haha.
Yes, this guy made me a template and did my cut in, was not that great of a job mind you.
What is a knot-sealer and do I need it?
I noticed my lace is kind of yellowish, not completely white.
Should I take it off tomorrow ( or tonight for that matter, taking off the tape he put on ) and then put the tape I bought from Debbie on back and sides and the Ghost Bond Glue I bought? how do I remove the tape? I believe I bought a release product also.

I just wanted him to do it all, but he didn't have any glue and did not seem very experienced.
I don't think he cut the lace right up to the hair, am I supposed to do that?

Regards

Japan

(03-05-2011, 09:58 PM)Paul In Ireland Wrote: I dont`quite follow that.... was this a Toplace system ? If so, why did you not order your supplies [tapes/glues] beforehand? Every wearer needs supplies...what about knot-sealer....I assume that guy didn`t have that either.....you need to order supplies immediately. If he was just a guy obliging you with a cut-in, well I`m surprised he even had tape. The lace shouldn`t really be too noticeable if he taped it properly ..sounds like he didn`t tape right to the very edge [it can be tricky there anyway due to the curvature of the front hairline]....that`s probably why the lace is visible in places....glue ensures all of the lace will `sit down` properly... I suggest you order supplies and style your hair so it covers the problem area until they arrive... Paul.
03-06-2011, 07:13 AM,
Hi Japan.... I`m amazed he didn`t have glue !! He should have told you to bring your own in .. I have posted a thread there `` Newly-delivered system -not styled [Photos] `` the first picture clearly shows the excess/ `spare`lace which must be trimmed off before you wear. I just had my system styled an hour ago and will be posting a few pics shortly, including one of the section of trimmed-off lace..... You need Knot-sealer to apply [VERY sparingly] to the underside of your system to seal /`lock`the hair-knots and prevent them becoming un-done and the hairs shedding . The lace is not white -it`s the colour as you have it now..I think I advised you to get knot sealer before ? It`s not urgent as such, but you do need to apply it sooner rather than later. I would remove the system ..spray lace-release onto the taped area --through the hair, allow it to `work`for about 2 minutes and your system will lift off....you can then use some on your scalp to loosen the tape from the skin...I assume you also got ``Pure`` glue remover from Debbie? Use that on the scalp too, it will help loosen the tape from the skin. As you will be applying glue at the front when you are re -bonding, you will need that product to deal with removing glue residue from your head at your next de-bond. I`d use tape on the sides and back and glue at the front....apply glue in very thin layers and allow to go clear [ instructions on the bottle] before applying the next layer.....do NOT push lace down onto a heavy layer of still-wet glue otherwise it will go through the lace onto the hair and you`re going to have one hell of a job to get it out of / off the hair ... less is best with ALL glues...apply evenly and sparingly in thin layers, allow to `cure` [using a hair -dryer on it will speed the process], then and only then should you push the lace down onto it. Take things SLOWLY for your first time de-bonding ..especially as that tape is only recently applied and will be giving maximum hold, so allow time for the lace-release to penetrate it..... For your own first time bond, just apply some strips of tape on the sides/back on the lace, and carefully peel back a corner of the backing-tape and crease/`crunch` it on each separate strip....position your system correctly [take your time] and once you`re satisfied, carefully fold up the back, peel off the backing tape, and press system to the skin... do the same at one side, taking care not to `skew`the system out of place on your head, peel off the backing strip there, apply, and do the same at the other side. Then [ for your first time] maybe mark your scalp with a pencil or [better] an eyebrow pencil just at the point where the system perimeter will be sitting at the front... fold the front back up off your head and keep it there out of the way [ you could clip it back onto the hair behind it with a clothes peg or even a large rubber band hooked under your chin]..then carefully apply your glue at/behind the lines/marks as I explained......then fold your system down onto it and you should be fine..Paul.
03-06-2011, 10:17 AM,
Hi Paul,
thanks for the response.
yes I have both Pure and lace release.
I was thinking about the tape.
Now I know what the guy did wrong, he did not cut the tape.
He just put the strips of tape on the system without cutting them to fit onto the perimeter.
So there is a gap between each rectangular piece and the perimeter of the unit. Which is why my hairline is showing with lace.
So my question is, how do I cut the tape and put it around the perimeter of the unit?
Do I 'tape' it on the system first around the edge, then cut it off? If I do that then there is a chance that some hair will stick to the tape before I have a chance of trimming it, correct?

Regards

Japan
03-06-2011, 12:20 PM,
Here is my head after taking the tape off and after taking a shower.
You can see the front hair that the stylist/cut in guy left, so I place my unit behind this hair.
I am not sure if its a good idea or not, but I will try to attach now.
How do I put the tape on, do I put it on the unit first, and when I do, How do I make sure it fits on the perimeter?
Do you tape it to the unit first then trim it so it first around the exact perimeter?
If so, how do you not keep the hairs from the side to stick to it?

Regards

Japan

Attached Files Image(s)

03-06-2011, 02:02 PM,
Hi Paul,
can you explain what do you mean by this sentence:
"For your own first time bond, just apply some strips of tape on the sides/back on the lace, and carefully peel back a corner of the backing-tape and crease/`crunch` it on each separate strip"

I attached tape to the unit as shown in the following photo.
But I could not get the tape exactly to the edge of the unit. Is this ok?
It was hard cutting it, the tape could stick to my scissors, then I had to use Lace removal on my scissors to get the tape off, haha.
Anyways, this can be a detection problem can it be not?
If I run my fingers through my hair after attachment then I will feel this swiss lace ( running finger from down to upwards movement ).
So then if I used glue for the next attachment, is it better for undetectability compared to tape?

Regards

Japan

(03-06-2011, 07:13 AM)Paul In Ireland Wrote: Hi Japan.... I`m amazed he didn`t have glue !! He should have told you to bring your own in .. I have posted a thread there `` Newly-delivered system -not styled [Photos] `` the first picture clearly shows the excess/ `spare`lace which must be trimmed off before you wear. I just had my system styled an hour ago and will be posting a few pics shortly, including one of the section of trimmed-off lace..... You need Knot-sealer to apply [VERY sparingly] to the underside of your system to seal /`lock`the hair-knots and prevent them becoming un-done and the hairs shedding . The lace is not white -it`s the colour as you have it now..I think I advised you to get knot sealer before ? It`s not urgent as such, but you do need to apply it sooner rather than later. I would remove the system ..spray lace-release onto the taped area --through the hair, allow it to `work`for about 2 minutes and your system will lift off....you can then use some on your scalp to loosen the tape from the skin...I assume you also got ``Pure`` glue remover from Debbie? Use that on the scalp too, it will help loosen the tape from the skin. As you will be applying glue at the front when you are re -bonding, you will need that product to deal with removing glue residue from your head at your next de-bond. I`d use tape on the sides and back and glue at the front....apply glue in very thin layers and allow to go clear [ instructions on the bottle] before applying the next layer.....do NOT push lace down onto a heavy layer of still-wet glue otherwise it will go through the lace onto the hair and you`re going to have one hell of a job to get it out of / off the hair ... less is best with ALL glues...apply evenly and sparingly in thin layers, allow to `cure` [using a hair -dryer on it will speed the process], then and only then should you push the lace down onto it. Take things SLOWLY for your first time de-bonding ..especially as that tape is only recently applied and will be giving maximum hold, so allow time for the lace-release to penetrate it..... For your own first time bond, just apply some strips of tape on the sides/back on the lace, and carefully peel back a corner of the backing-tape and crease/`crunch` it on each separate strip....position your system correctly [take your time] and once you`re satisfied, carefully fold up the back, peel off the backing tape, and press system to the skin... do the same at one side, taking care not to `skew`the system out of place on your head, peel off the backing strip there, apply, and do the same at the other side. Then [ for your first time] maybe mark your scalp with a pencil or [better] an eyebrow pencil just at the point where the system perimeter will be sitting at the front... fold the front back up off your head and keep it there out of the way [ you could clip it back onto the hair behind it with a clothes peg or even a large rubber band hooked under your chin]..then carefully apply your glue at/behind the lines/marks as I explained......then fold your system down onto it and you should be fine..Paul.

Attached Files Image(s)

03-06-2011, 08:47 PM,
Hi Japan..what I mean is simply apply your strips of tape, as you have done. The white part is the `backing tape` which needs to be peeled off to expose the sticky surface. It`s just simpler to make a ``start`` point so you can actually grip it with your fingers in order to peel it off once it`s sitting on your head. It can be tricky to do...sometimes just your fingernail will catch a corner and it will peel off easily, other times using something like a tweezers or [carefully] the tips of a small scissors is helpful ...the backing tape can be stubborn....you`ll get used to it... if you can imagine when you sit the system onto your head, with the tapes on, you`ll have to put your fingers up under it and grip the backing-tape [white part] and peel them off....you need a point to actually grip, so all I`m saying is make a starting- point by peeling back a corner on each strip and `scrunch`it a bit so it doesn`t sit back onto the sticky surface again ...you`ll have a part to grab with your fingers which you can just peel off. I hope that`s clearer. Yes...as you ask.. the edge / perimeter where there is no tape will be detectable /lift if you pushed it upwards... once you have the system in place, and stuck on, you could [carefully ] just fold that part gently up, and apply a THIN layer of glue to the scalp there..wait a few minutes for it to go clear and tacky and then press the lace down onto it... this is a learning curve for a new wearer... I`d recommend using the tape, as you have done, and glue at the front..after a while you`ll get used to using glue and can maybe go for glue all the way around if you really want a full bond right to the edge of the perimeter.. glue can be very messy ..try to keep it off the hair etc......if any does get on it ,just moisten a cotton pad with lace release or Glue remover fluid and gently draw the hair through the pad.....your system perimeter is curved, obviously, and the tapes are all straight edges so naturally there will be a portion of the perimeter which will be non-taped.......as I said, you can carefully work your way around those parts carefully and apply a THIN layer of glue there ....you`re doing fine so far.....just take your time and remember...apply glues THINLY and allow to go clear/tacky before allowing lace into contact with it....Paul.
Well, the old statement `A picture paints a thousand words` holds true so attached is pic. showing what I mean by `scrunching` up a corner of the backing tape......do this for each strip of tape ......all you have to do is position your system correctly, then peel off each one, bonding the system to your skin as you go......I normally do the two at the temples first.... as a newbie, you might find it easier to just use a pretty short strip at those two points[temple area] just to give you that initial `anchor`point ...this allows you to work your way backwards, peeling off the backing tapes as you go and your system will not be slipping out of position on you. The pic shows a short strip of tape....I suggest one of each at the temples just to hold it there while you do your magic! Hope that`s of help..regards... Paul.

Attached Files Image(s)

03-07-2011, 12:44 AM,
Thanks for the advice Paul,
actually today was a disaster.
I put the tape all on the piece as you can see from the above photograph.
Then I took off all of the white strips to do the attachment.
Unfortunately some hair stuck to the tape somehow and I tried to get as much off as possible, but a lot of hair had to get pulled out of my unit because of this.
( I did not understand what you meant by that scrunchy sentence above before, but now do )
Then I put front portion of the piece on my head( without any bond on it, just to align it it ) and then flipped the whole piece backwards hoping the tapes would ;fall into place'
Well I am not sure since I could not see behind my head but I did press it all down.
Then I pulled the front part back as you mentioned and applied glue between the piece and my front 'strands' of hair. ( I think this was a mistake )
After 3 minutes I pulled the unit down hoping for a fit.
Unfortunately the unit came down on top of the strands of hair of my hairline.
So now there are strands of hair seeping down below my piece, and it looks quite bad.
So I am at a quandary as what to do now.
Should I just shave the front little strands of hair and use the piece at the front?
The problem I noticed is that the hairline is just too straight and it looks fake.
How do you guys address this problem?
I attached some photos of the attachment.
I really don't want to go to work tomorrow looking like this so my options are just take it off and go bald ( shave the rest of my hair )
or wear a skull cap hat, or just go as is.
What do you reckon I do?

Also does ANYONE know a place where I can get a good cut in Japan?
The guy I went to was horrible, he even messed up my template, in my photos there is a space between the unit and my hair, he made it too small I believe.
I may have to redo a template and order another unit asap.

Regards

Japan

Attached Files Image(s)

03-07-2011, 04:33 AM,
Firstly, you shouldn`t remove the backing from the tapes until it`s in position on your head....otherwise, as you found out, you cannot possibly get the system into position without it sticking to the scalp and hair getting stuck to it...all you had to do there was spray some lace release onto it to free the hairs rather than pulling/breaking them off. I would just put 2 short bits of tape ..one each side at the temple area, and longer ones the rest of the way. You need to sit in front of a large mirror, and have a hand-held mirror to help you see the back. Just sit the system onto your head and locate what you think is the front hairline position [ I can see what you mean by it being kind of straight rather than curved] ...have a look at the back with the mirror....then just carefully peel off the backing strip from [firstly] one of the temple-point [small] strips and adhere, then do the same on the other side.....now your system is not going to slide around on your head.just carefully peel off the backing from the next strip, adhere it, and the same on the other side. You can finish with the back/nape area. Then just mark your skin along the front hairline where the system is sitting.... just a few light marks/dots to guide you.....you`ll apply your glue from the marks, backwards....a few millimeters is enough..... I feel you can change the style of the hair at the front there ..just mist it with water [once it`s bonded on] and go for a bit of a less-exposed style ..it looks like the hair is long/thick enough to allow you to `play around` with it ....many wearers have these kind of initial `disasters` when trying to get the `hang`of bonding and de-bonding
etc... so I`d just advise you to maybe de-bond the system now as your not satisfied with the positioning etc... use lace release and allow it time to work.....clean the glue residue off your head with glue remover fluid and use it also to clean off your growing hair.. use a cotton pad soaked in de-bonder.....then start from scratch....just pop on 2 shorts strips like I described at the temple area, than 2 longer ones [either side again] and again maybe 2 shorter-ish ones around at the back area there......remember, it`s early days for you...there is NO danger of the system coming loose/off so you don`t need to literally `mummify`` the system with tapes...relax a little..no -one is going to come up to you at work or in the street and run their fingers up under the edge of the system.....it`s not necessary to have every last millimeter of system literally welded-down....you can perfect that as you get more used to working with the glue and tapes.... just for today, try it again as I suggest... I know it`s exasperating when it goes wrong...trust me.. just do as I`ve advised and it should be good... it actually doesn`t look bad in the pics...just try styling it a little differently at the front if you`re conscious of it there..... if you`re thinking of re-ordering, just make your own template...it`s simple to do and you can make it YOUR way ..not some guy who appears to have little interest`s way...there`s plenty pics and step-by-step guide in Snipe`s `` info links for newbies`` at the top of the page......I hope this reaches you before you have to go to work.... [time -difference between here and there] let me know how it goes... Paul.