Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newly-delivered system(not styled) (Photos)
03-03-2011, 01:34 AM,
Newly-delivered system(not styled) (Photos)
OK guys.. a few pics aimed at those of you about to make the leap and who are not too sure exactly what to expect when you first open the delivery- bag!!
Just to let you see the front excess lace which you trim off before you wear....some guys like to leave 2 or 3 millimeters of lace in front of the hair itself, others like to trim off right to the hair as they find dirt/dust etc can get trapped there on the glue etc. and can lead to detectability to the eye.I guess it depends on whether you want to wear an exposed hairline or non-exposed ...the more exposed it is, I guess it`s best to go back near the hair when trimming, to avoid visibility due to dirt/dust adhering along the hairline. .... again, maybe leave a little extra on, see how it `behaves`and then you can trim back further at your first de-bond [ part of the overall learning-curve] if you want. My density is 55%, colour 1b,bodywave, freestyle with a polyurethane strip on the sides/back as you can see.The first pic shows the excess strip of lace at the front there running temple-to-temple. Next is system held up to the window/daylight showing the light coming through it...in comparison to how it looks while just sitting on a surface as in the third pic ..note how dense it looks..... so for guys tempted to go for high densities [especially older guys] it just shows how light-ish density is quite adequate and more natural -looking for your age. The next 3 pics show the close-ups of the front...note you cannot see the knots as they are bleached..you can see how natural looking it is against the skin of my fingers there...should show you how it will look against your scalp....finally, the hair is 4 -inch length as ordered...you can see how it more-than covers my own hair..in my case, why would I want 6 -inch hair? It`s only going to get `in my way` and make more work for the stylist too..harder to position it on the head too..keep this game as simple as possible guys....certainly DON`T leave yourself [literally ] short, but use a little common sense. I`ll post pics when it`s styled-in [Saturday afternoon 3pm] so depending on the amount of natural light remaining in the day, I`ll do them either then, or Sunday morning..... feel free to ask any questions, but I think I`ve covered most things there with the specifications? Paul.

Attached Files Image(s)

03-03-2011, 06:35 AM,
RE: Newly-delivered system(not styled) (Photos)
its really nice. shiny, the hair look natural and flowing. look good on you too ! the dencity seems a little ticker.

its perfect.

humm well the polyurethane strip is on the lace that need to be trimmed... ?

I meen the poly should be around the edge of where hair is. so it aperfect match ?
else if you pass you hand in your hair and there is an inch of border without hair it will show.

I think the poly strip is correctly place at the side but they put some at the front that you trim ?
03-03-2011, 07:01 AM,
No, there is hair ventilated into the poly strip also... you only have to trim the lace, which I am holding there, as it had no hair attached..... I have never worn an All-lace system.. I assume there is an excess width of lace all the way around which needs trimming back [can someone confirm that please guys? ] In the case of my systems, I trim the lace from temple-to-temple [you`d never cut Poly or you`d destroy it] and it`s good to go---you can see exactly the point [in pic 1] where the excess/extra lace `rises`up from the point where it joins the Poly strip there....I`ll just trim that off. My web-cam thing is not the greatest, but it gives an idea of things ... hope that clarifies things for you..cheers, Paul.
03-03-2011, 10:53 AM,
Good to see those pics, thanks!
03-04-2011, 03:58 AM,
what kind of lace is that?
03-04-2011, 06:04 AM,
(03-04-2011, 03:58 AM)andrei_eremenko Wrote: what kind of lace is that?

Swiss..
03-04-2011, 07:42 AM,

(03-04-2011, 06:04 AM)Paul In Ireland Wrote:

Swiss..

It looks quite thick to be Swiss,whether that is the camera/lighting etc.. i don't know? but generally Swiss looks a lot finer that that Paul.
03-04-2011, 07:53 AM,
Hi LTB, It`s the camera .....always makes things look `odd`... it does the same thing when I do pics of the system on my head--looks really thin..camera seems to look through the hair straight to the scalp..... it [ the lace] looks thicker simply because it`s close-up and the camera has `magnified`it.... Paul.
03-04-2011, 10:31 AM,
I was thinking it is french too...Paul buy a new camera...lol
03-19-2011, 07:39 PM,
(03-03-2011, 07:01 AM)Paul In Ireland Wrote: No, there is hair ventilated into the poly strip also... you only have to trim the lace, which I am holding there, as it had no hair attached..... I have never worn an All-lace system.. I assume there is an excess width of lace all the way around which needs trimming back [can someone confirm that please guys? ] In the case of my systems, I trim the lace from temple-to-temple [you`d never cut Poly or you`d destroy it] and it`s good to go---you can see exactly the point [in pic 1] where the excess/extra lace `rises`up from the point where it joins the Poly strip there....I`ll just trim that off. My web-cam thing is not the greatest, but it gives an idea of things ... hope that clarifies things for you..cheers, Paul.

Yes, I've ordered an all-lace system and there is an excess width of lace all the way around. It surprised me at first because I thought they had done something wrong.