Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
advice please
03-02-2011, 09:23 AM,
advice please
hi all, im about a week away from ordering my first couple of units and im looking for advice from experienced users,i cant bear using concealers anymore, its messy and it looks awful. i have long hair , about 14 inchs from the thinning area down my back, at the moment my hair is brushed back and tied in a ponytail and the top is covered by concealers. this is a style i wear for work, so most of the time, when im off work i would like to wear my hair down again especially as i play in rock band. the hairline will be exposed at work so i need an undetectable front. i was thinking of a swiss front but have been advised to go french as the weight of the hair may tear the swiss front, with this style how undetectable is a french lace front ? im going for a light to medium density due to my age (40). as for hair colour i dye my hair anyway (to cover grey) , im dark brown , so does anyone know if there is common hair dye that i can pick up anywhere, like a wella or clairol that would match a toplace dark brown exactly,(uk brand).as having long hair would the weight affect a good long bond, i would like at least once a week and thinking of ultra-hold or ghost bond. ive seen the term flatback and i think that is what i need, if im wrong could anyone direct me in the right direction, i would appreciate any advice, cheers guys
03-02-2011, 12:03 PM,
RE: advice please
You probably will be fine with french lace, but you could also order just an inch or so of swiss lace at the front, and the rest french.

You order the hair direction back if you are going to wear your hair back in a pony tail. I think its the one that isn't attached to /spikey front. I think its flatback. As far as glue. blue tape, ultra hold, they are the strong ones, but everyone gets different results. You might get a solid week from the base and just need to do the front every five days or so, maybe not. Its a trial and error thing to see what works best for you.
03-03-2011, 12:39 AM,
Hi John... the recommended colour/conditioner to use is `Back2natural` available from adfhair http://www.adfhair.com/ ...they told me of a UK -supplier of this product and I ordered it before Christmas, but now when I click on the site it re-directs to a non-UK site so just send them an e mail and they`ll advise of the current/nearest suppliers to you ..the colour you need is ``Dark natural ash brown`` ...now, you mention grey hairs in your growing hair... you might be better to use a proprietary/ salon colourer product on those when you have the system de-bonded. The `Back2natural` is specifically for system -hair and great for giving a good colour-blend between growing and non-growing hair but not great for covering grey [in my experience] I`d take Xeon`s advice and wear a Swisslace front [inch or so] and the rest in the more durable French....Swiss is great for the exposed hairline you want and French will carry the `weight`more robustly. I`ll be doing a new Thread today of my new system --55% density - so it will give you an idea of what that looks like... cheers .. Paul.
03-03-2011, 11:02 AM,
Definitely swiss for the front. Superstick is very good glue.
03-08-2011, 06:25 AM,
thanks guys for the advice. Ive booked in to have a pro template made and the same salon will attach the piece when it arrives. Just until i get used to attatching it myself, i just dont want to make any mistakes. Lol. As i get closer to ordering my first couple of pieces im seriously considering the tl700 but there is doesnt seem to be that much info on them. Do you think they would suit my style and how durable are they and most importantly hows the hairline ?. Cheers
03-08-2011, 06:35 AM,
If its the super thin skin, its hard to say. I never tried this particular one before. I don't know about shedding and all of that. My skin units are a little thicker than this model so the hair doesn't shed on mine. But from what I hear the hairline is nice, I don't really know what kind of ventilation they are using on these super thin units. either injection or maybe U- or V- looping. They just loop the hair through the base. Looks pretty good, but is known to have shedding problems. John can elaborate more than me.