Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will the piece ever just come off
02-27-2011, 10:21 PM,
Will the piece ever just come off
Hi everyone, I'm into my 6th week of wearing now and things are, for the most part, great.

Other than having a few little issues with trying to attach it in the right spot, it is all going rather smoothly.

I start a new job shortly.

I am attaching with blue lace tape all around, covering the hairline.

Anyway, my question is, is the piece ever in danger of just coming off your head?

i.e. is it possible that it will ever just come off the tape and fall of your head?

Or that the bond weakens and the piece comes off your head that way?

I know this probably sounds ridiculous, but I just wanted to put my mind at ease for when I start work .
02-27-2011, 11:41 PM,
RE: Will the piece ever just come off
i use glue and nope it will never come off. There is no chance, beside someone graps it and use extreme force and that will never happen
02-28-2011, 06:20 AM,
Anything is possible, but if you do your attachment right, unless the glue or tape is defective, there is no reason for it to come off, The blue tape is strong enough for full contact sports.
02-28-2011, 09:29 AM,
i use adhesive, and lucky for me wet look gell which dries the style rock hard.
so that gives me another level of protection.
nearly 5 months into wearing.
cant beleive it.im a flirt so love the attention ,back to my pre hair loss days.

i suppose good way to keep the illusion up(if thats the right word)
is to gently play with youre hair when youre round youre workmates.
sounds weird, but adds to the overal wearing game.
enjoy.

anyway cut yourself some slack like me youre new,
theres tons of time to find the best adhesive, tape(product ) combination, routine that suits you, youre body chemistyry ect.
the main thing is i'll bet youre one happy guy.
and isint that why you wear,hellyeah!!!
one life one chance to be, and look youre best, hell who woudnt want that.
03-02-2011, 02:43 AM,
It's possible it can come off if you make the mistake Pat Boone did by not attaching it. Smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9aBeRVToGk
03-02-2011, 03:58 AM,
Well all I can say is he must have used wallpaper-paste ...that will NOT happen with proper products.
03-02-2011, 06:13 AM,
nice comment paul,hell why didnt boone have a good attachment, i dunno,
anyway i can only reiterate ,21st century, modern adhesives,tapes.
bitta know how, it shoudnt, it wont happen, its in youre hands youre in control.
dont blame the hair system
03-02-2011, 09:37 AM,
(03-02-2011, 06:13 AM)antywanty Wrote: nice comment paul,hell why didnt boone have a good attachment, i dunno,
anyway i can only reiterate ,21st century, modern adhesives,tapes.
bitta know how, it shoudnt, it wont happen, its in youre hands youre in control.
dont blame the hair system

So If I use blue lace tape, and even if it is lifting a touch at the front, it won't just blow off or anything like that in strong winds or if I sweat heavily?
07-25-2011, 08:43 PM,
I just started wearing my new partial, and as a newbie I'm actually also worried about this issue. I'm not planning to tell anybody just yet, so the most embarrassing thing would be if the piece in my forehead suddenly came off for some reason. Is this practically possible, or should there first be some signs that the glue is failing?

I use ghostbond for attachment, and it seems to be pretty strong. I'm hoping that I can sleep with the unit, do some sports (gym, jogging, swimming etc.) and also travel with this unit without having to worry about it.

I'm not exposing the hairline, so if the base lifts a bit, that shouldn't be an immediate problem...but the entire partial falling off would certainly be Smile
07-26-2011, 03:17 PM,
(07-25-2011, 08:43 PM)Zandberg09 Wrote: I just started wearing my new partial, and as a newbie I'm actually also worried about this issue. I'm not planning to tell anybody just yet, so the most embarrassing thing would be if the piece in my forehead suddenly came off for some reason. Is this practically possible, or should there first be some signs that the glue is failing?

I use ghostbond for attachment, and it seems to be pretty strong. I'm hoping that I can sleep with the unit, do some sports (gym, jogging, swimming etc.) and also travel with this unit without having to worry about it.

I'm not exposing the hairline, so if the base lifts a bit, that shouldn't be an immediate problem...but the entire partial falling off would certainly be Smile

I swim in my piece, drive a convertible with the top down, use the wet steam room at the gym, and have ridden roller coasters, never a hint of it ever getting loose. Least of your worries.