Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Morning hair/overlap pics
02-27-2011, 12:19 AM,
Morning hair/overlap pics
Hi guys, Henry asked about how much of the system overlaps the growing hair in my case..I took these pics this morning..hadn`t yet showered and washed my growing hair, hence it will look `dead` etc.... one of the pics shows the system having been misted with water and then sprayed with leave-in conditioner which had not yet dried...so the `difference `between the growing and system hair will be that bit more pronounced in the pics...as you can see, my system hair is trimmed reasonably short.... my new system will be here by end of next week, so when I get it cut-in ,I`ll post new pics.....this present one is in daily wear/use since last August. Paul.

Attached Files Image(s)

02-27-2011, 10:33 AM,
RE: Morning hair/overlap pics
What a transformation! Very good.

For your age, I think your side hair is still decent. Have you ever thought about tattooing the sides, to fill in the small gaps?
02-27-2011, 11:17 AM,
(02-27-2011, 10:33 AM)Henry Wrote: What a transformation! Very good.

For your age, I think your side hair is still decent. Have you ever thought about tattooing the sides, to fill in the small gaps?

Very good job there.
I c you have poly on the sides. I've never tried that. Do u like it better than all SFS?
Your sides are still thick enough to pull this style off.
Your brushdown style is also easier to maintain and stress free.
02-27-2011, 09:02 PM,
Hi guys.. thanks for the comments...I`m due a new system this coming week....a little longer length and bit higher density at the back so will post pics in due course. Henry, would you believe, I`m not even sure what `Tattooing` is [in hair terms] ---I always thought it involved ink and needles/ pain !! lol. I have an idea..do tell me exactly what it is. My philosophy is to keep this wearing/general baldness cover-up as simple and cheap as possible ..I manage that with the help of Toplace ...... an occasional trip to a stylist to style-in a new system for me is about as much as I can be bothered with.....can`t be paying other places for some `fancy`extras..but I am interested in knowing exactly what this `tattooing`involves.
Balamouti..how are you keeping? I hope you`re well.......... yeah the poly is very easy to work with ....it`s hard -wearing and easy to clean too.... if you look very closely at the first pic,you`ll see the little rectangular strip of tape on the poly just behind where it joins the `front`lace there ...that`s all I use daily--- one there, one on the other side/temple and one at the back....a light layer of glue on the front and I`m good to go ..takes about 5 mins max in the morning [ I detach nightly] ....the brush down IS very very easy to maintain....I often mist it with water and style the hair a bit sideways...exposes parts of the scalp--looks very real.... I never get a second glance when out and about [story of my life that !! lol] The poly strip is extremely thin ....the only difference is that hair is ventilated into poly differently than the way it`s tied into lace....some people maintain that the hair -direction between the two can be `off`----it`s never been an issue for me so far. Cheers men, Paul.
02-28-2011, 11:06 AM,
The proper term for it is, micropigmentation. I think Debbie does this for some of her clients, send her an email for email and good companies in the uk.

I don't know if this company is any good, but has some information on what micropigmentation is

http://www.hishairclinic.com/treatment/t...technique/
02-28-2011, 01:50 PM,
I would be a little worried about the tattooing. A lot of peoples ink changes colors and that would really suck if it turns a greenish color, plus its perm, so if you want to ever shave your head or something might be weird. I mean it is an interesting idea, its like a perm concealer that is non messy. I would imagine they could do anything form tattooing the scalp a color to match your hair, or they do it in strokes like hairlike tattoo marks. but what if you go grey? I dunno. It just seems too risky.

Has anyone done this tattooing before? I seen them tattoo the whole head to make it look like u have a shaved head look.
02-28-2011, 03:02 PM,
Actually looking at that site with the tattooing therapy, it kind of gave me a weird idea. I currently wear temple flaps.. Now I have seen hair styles where the temple areas are buzzed bald like on a #0 or #1 guard.. and than it gradually gets longer as you move into the temple area.. U know what im talking about? that kind of style? The nape of the neck is also buzzed really close as well and it fades as you go up the hair length increases, guess fade is the best word I can think of. For someone like me who wears temple flaps. Maybe getting that tattoo job on the temple areas and buzzing my hair in that area to do a fade kind of hairstyle would work pretty well? It def is a tricky style to do yourself tho thats for sure lol

Heres two examples of what I am talking about. Maybe something that could be done with the hair tattoo.

Attached Files Image(s)

02-28-2011, 05:59 PM,
(02-28-2011, 01:50 PM)Xeon005 Wrote: I would be a little worried about the tattooing. A lot of peoples ink changes colors and that would really suck if it turns a greenish color, plus its perm, so if you want to ever shave your head or something might be weird. I mean it is an interesting idea, its like a perm concealer that is non messy. I would imagine they could do anything form tattooing the scalp a color to match your hair, or they do it in strokes like hairlike tattoo marks. but what if you go grey? I dunno. It just seems too risky.

Has anyone done this tattooing before? I seen them tattoo the whole head to make it look like u have a shaved head look.

That site I posted does look quite professional tbh. If it fades, get it redone? If you go grey, get a lighter colour over it.

Look at the sample pictures on that website, there are loads! But some look very bad, their hairline and temples are TOO sharp and unnatural, but some look very natural. To the point I am considering getting the micropigmentation to fill in the gap between my hair and the piece hair.

For me personally I would NEVER EVER shave my head. Shaving my head, is not even an option. I would wear a fullcap and re-attach every 3 days if I had too.
02-28-2011, 08:56 PM,
Hi guys ..very interesting ...had a look at the site .... I can see how it could definitely help to make an area of thin hair look denser. My main concern would be the cost of it... I `d imagine quite expensive ....I didn`t see any coverage of the price on that site and it looks `` glossy`` to me [i.e. `expensive`] The concept is fine..I can see how it would really appeal to younger guys who can get away with the shaved head look ...as Henry said there.. I`d NEVER shave my head... it really suits some guys [usually younger] but wouldn`t suit me at all... I have noticed when I colour [ actually the `American` spelling of that word is `color`I think ? ] my own hair with a stylists colouring product [Black] the scalp also darkens for a few days and the hair does indeed look a lot thicker,so it could be quite a good plan if you were willing to splash the cash.... thanks for that info guys...very interesting. Paul.
03-01-2011, 01:47 AM,
It actually annoys me, when people can say "you'd never be able to shave your head"...if this is even an option...shave and not wear a piece. Another one is "I don't have the right shape head"...if you don't have the right shape head, then how is shaving an option?

I think 99% of people look fine with a shaved head...but many people have a false perception of how they think they should look. And why look fine, when you can look good/very good. But its all in the perception of the culture we live in. If we lived in a culture where it was deemed normal to shave, then thats what we would do.