Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is your morning routine?
02-25-2011, 02:40 PM,
What is your morning routine?
Finally got in! What is your morning routine? Shower and get your hair wet? Shampoo? How do you get rid of the bed head? Are there products commonly available on store shelves you like? Shampoo?

I'm not really sure I want to do the work to take care of it. But I placed an order anyway.
02-25-2011, 09:43 PM,
RE: What is your morning routine?
Hi Bee.... just speaking from a routine I used to have years back...rather than putting shampoo on the system daily [not recommended really] I used to just put shampoo on the side/back growing hair. The system hair I`d just moisten with water and gently blot it dry with a towel..you don`t want to be rubbing at it like you would with growing hair.....it`s easy enough rather than standing directly under the shower-head with the water blasting down onto your head, to just incline your head to the side to avoid it blasting onto the system... this also avoids the hair becoming tangled...just gently style it with a brush with rounded tips/teeth ...to avoid snagging the lace and possibly tearing it. A few sprays of a good leave-in conditioner on growing and system hair together helps keep your system hair moist and tangle-free. We`ve covered a load of ground in recent posts on care- products and which ones to use/not use .... I know sometimes the amount of information on here can be a bit mind-boggling [ lol] but it`s worth taking the time to have a look through, decide on which ones you`ll use, and also, I`d really recommend for every new wearer or about to become a new wearer, to order 2 or 3 different types [strengths] of tapes and glues ..if you find one is not `right`for you, you have an alternative to hand immediately rather than having to wait...recently there guys are saying they are having itching issues with ``Supertape`` ..... at least if you have another type on `stand-by`` you`re good to go. Don`t forget to have a bottle of Knot-sealer in your first supplies order --essential to seal your Knots and prevent shedding of hair. I`d avoid products you refer to as `` commonly available on store shelves``..yes some are / can be OK but many have a drying effect on system hair due to alcohols in them..best to order ones formulated for system hair...Debbie sells them, as do other sites...I`m using ``Remysoft`` [you can Google it] Shampoo, conditioner and sealing product [ called blue max] ..a bit `pricey` but my system is now going into it`s 8th month and it`s in great condition still.....hair is still nice and soft and no shedding at all. Paul.
p.s. avoid using hair -dryers too....concentrated heat is not great for systems either..allow to dry naturally.
02-26-2011, 09:17 AM,
I've used bluemax, its good, but so expensive and ontop of that UPS charged an extra £20!!!
02-26-2011, 09:30 AM,
Yeah Henry ...it`s a standard worldwide shipping charge.. I ordered the 3 -step to be able to give a good `try` as it was no dearer that way [ it was delivered by normal postal service though..not UPS] ...Debbie sells products which I haven`t used yet, and I think the postage is cheaper... cheers, Paul.