Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3 questions away from 1st order!
02-19-2011, 01:26 PM,
3 questions away from 1st order!
So I have decided to go with a full topper, where I will cut partials from just to fill in my temple region.. Thanks to all the great info on this site, I have narrowed my questions down to 3. There is just a couple things that I need to know.

1) I know that some sites only single strand the knots in the front hairline and they multi strand the knots the rest of the unit.. So, could toplace single strand the whole unit? seeing as I will be making partials to use at the hairline, multi stranded units may be an unnatural look

2) The fact that I am only making small partials means that I will have the majority of the unit being unused until I break/ruin my partials. What is the best way to store my unused unit? is there something i should sprey it with or anything like that... Im assuming people that use backup units will have a good suggestion for this!

3) pretty basic question, but can I send my hair sample now? or do I need to wait until the order goes through, and what adress do i send it to?
02-19-2011, 03:30 PM,
RE: 3 questions away from 1st order!
(02-19-2011, 01:26 PM)michael Wrote: So I have decided to go with a full topper, where I will cut partials from just to fill in my temple region.. Thanks to all the great info on this site, I have narrowed my questions down to 3. There is just a couple things that I need to know.

1) I know that some sites only single strand the knots in the front hairline and they multi strand the knots the rest of the unit.. So, could toplace single strand the whole unit? seeing as I will be making partials to use at the hairline, multi stranded units may be an unnatural look

2) The fact that I am only making small partials means that I will have the majority of the unit being unused until I break/ruin my partials. What is the best way to store my unused unit? is there something i should sprey it with or anything like that... Im assuming people that use backup units will have a good suggestion for this!

3) pretty basic question, but can I send my hair sample now? or do I need to wait until the order goes through, and what adress do i send it to?

welcome. most of the time, I have found, single strand requests go unanswered...the highe your density the moe likely you will get tipple or double strands. If you ode a stock you might even find quadrouple strands in the dreaded swirl ara of he crown...it just is awful sometimes but the lower your density you order I think you get close o the true "sinlgle strand" .

store your hair in a plastic box not exposed to the light. a little leave in stray conditioner might also help

the address you need is below...so long as you clearly state in a note that you are placing an order and your name I am sure John would hold your hair but it is probably better to send everything at once. He is so nice to talk with and answers the phone personally!

New Order Help Line:

1-888-9TOPLACE
(1-888-986-7522)

Email:

[email protected]

Mailing Address:

TOPLACE USA
PO BOX 5
CIRCLE PINES, MN 55014
USA

Gel
(02-19-2011, 03:30 PM)jeffsxyz Wrote:
(02-19-2011, 01:26 PM)michael Wrote: So I have decided to go with a full topper, where I will cut partials from just to fill in my temple region.. Thanks to all the great info on this site, I have narrowed my questions down to 3. There is just a couple things that I need to know.

welcome. most of the time, I have found, single strand requests go unanswered...the highe your density the moe likely you will get tipple or double strands. If you ode a stock you might even find quadrouple strands in the dreaded swirl ara of he crown...it just is awful sometimes but the lower your density you order I think you get close o the true "sinlgle strand" .

store your hair in a plastic box not exposed to the light. a little leave in stray conditioner might also help

the address you need is below...so long as you clearly state in a note that you are placing an order and your name I am sure John would hold your hair but it is probably better to send everything at once. He is so nice to talk with and answers the phone personally!

New Order Help Line:

1-888-9TOPLACE
(1-888-986-7522)

Email:

[email protected]

Mailing Address:

TOPLACE USA
PO BOX 5
CIRCLE PINES, MN 55014
USA

Gel

ok folks...i am not drunk or having a stroke...time to replace a keyboard battery...lots of letters not being printed and me to lazy to proofread...so sorry
02-19-2011, 04:09 PM,
I dunno man. It sounds like a good idea in theory, but why don't you just order a small partial or something? the hairline probably won't look as good if u keep cutting a unit into partials. They do the hairline in a certain way.. more staggered and graduated etc. plus they probably focus a better bleaching job on the front.

I never heard anyone say this but... maybe a vacuum sealed bag?
02-19-2011, 05:55 PM,
thanks for the suggestions! xeon, i have thought about that and i figured.. its the same price either way, what do i have to lose? lol regardless, there will still be a frontal piece on a full topper.. so id be either with a front piece attached to a full unit or a front piece with nothing else... Maybe i could make some use out of it.. or maybe i could figure out a way to pluck the double strands? idk it just seems pointless to pay for a whole unit and get less than half of one.. especially since this is my first time.. I will have a little extra space incase I order it too small or something
02-20-2011, 06:19 AM,
I thought partial or small pieces were cheaper?

Well It could work out, there was some guy on here who used to wear his hair piece backwards LOL. I think it was sesster. And he took pics it worked out for him quite well. What u could do is get a magnifying lens and tweezers or something. And when u cut up ur unit to make a new front partial, U could untie some of the knots in the very front to create maybe a more staggered edge. U use it on the bottom side of the lace and pull the knot till the hair slides out. Maybe too tedious. Just make sure you don't get a heavy density. Than ur gonna get those humungo knots.
02-20-2011, 09:02 AM,
thanks! thats about all I needed to know.. The reason I want the extra lace is just because its my first time wearing.. I hear that swiss is very easy to tear.. So honestly, if nothing else I can practice with my excess until I get the hang of attachment, etc. and hey, maybe itll look alright! the problem is, Im on a college budget so I couldnt afford tearing my first unit.. I hope it works!
02-20-2011, 11:32 AM,
Very true, smart move. I hope it works for you. keep us posted man