Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How long do you get out of a piece?
02-18-2011, 11:57 PM,
How long do you get out of a piece?
How long do you guys get out of a piece?

And what would be the reason why you switch?

The reason I ask, is that I've been wearing this current piece for 4 weeks, and just need to work out a few things regarding back up pieces.
02-19-2011, 03:52 AM,
RE: How long do you get out of a piece?
hi tough question to really answer, is the unit all lace or psb (poly on sides..whats the density higher then 70% ..do u sleep in it ..how often u shampoo it a week..
i wear 65% density with poly sides and back tape all around..

my answer if i dont wash it 2 much and with all my experence alot of wearing 7+ yrs and i sleep with it on . wear 24/7 i avg 3 months...many claim 1 year ....but if u baby it and have high density it will last longer. and i i have stated long ago u shold have a back up right now unless u dont need one....many sat mornings i was rushing with clean up and ruined (riped my ) best units over the years.. i have at least 2 backups and 10 old units i could use if i needed to...i will never tap into the old 10 beatup units but i can...i would guess 5-6 units a year would give you nice leway....also low density shed easier to look balding..but i think u are a young guy right high density..simple math 6x 200 = $1200 yr max less the avg cell phone bill to look your best..many wear french lace and get 6 months. i know as i wash the unit less and just wet it i get much longer use....ask any questions i will answer if i can
bobby/philly
02-19-2011, 05:48 AM,
I have gotten long times out of hair units typically. I wear a hat a lot so that helps. I wear a short style with hair product and I dye the hair when its needed. I have gotten as much as 3 years out of one system lol. I know crazy right. But sometimes systems shed like crazy. One system I only got like 5 months out of. I still can wear it but it lost so much density I got a hair add, and it still lost a crap load after.
02-22-2011, 04:33 PM,
About 9 months with my last two units, the one I am wearing is probably over 10 months and just now getting to the point where I'm going to have to retire it.
03-15-2011, 02:32 PM,
(02-22-2011, 04:33 PM)JRob Wrote: About 9 months with my last two units, the one I am wearing is probably over 10 months and just now getting to the point where I'm going to have to retire it.

In your opinion, what is it that allows you to get that kind of longevity out of your units? Thanks
03-16-2011, 08:04 AM,
two factors. 1 is you. how you treat the system, how often you wash it, how rough you are, what kind of procedures you use to clean the unit or attach etc. your physical activity how much are you in the sun or out doors, etc.

The 2nd variable is the design of the system itself. How well was the system ventilated .. Sometimes they can make loose knots that fall apart, and other times the knots can last. The base .. Super fine swiss verse french or skin etc, What kind of knots, injection, U-looped. etc.
03-21-2011, 07:07 PM,
TL150, tape all around
used about 8 months for each of my past 3 units