Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to get a longer attachment?
02-18-2011, 01:40 AM,
How to get a longer attachment?
Hi guys,

I've been using blue tape all around for my attachment. Now I see people get 2 weeks out of this. I cannot get more than 6 nights. On the 7th day, by the end of the day, areas start to lift.

How on earth do people get longer attachments?

Note: I put my head under the shower every day (not sure if this will weaken the bond).

I would love to be able to get a bond that would last longer than a week.
02-18-2011, 02:33 AM,
RE: How to get a longer attachment?
Get a spray bottle, and spray that on your hairpiece, instead of putting your head under the shower.

Invest in some face scrubs, Debbie sells one on her site. It gets rid of all the oils on your head.

Use a hairdryer on medium head, with the teeth of a comb, push down on the piece to retack.

I get a solid 7 days, can go for 10 days with blue liner, but the clean up gets messy over the 7 day mark. But I use the bubble wrap, I am so suprised people don't make this a neccesity, bubble wrap is as important in your arsenal as lace release!
02-18-2011, 06:39 AM,
You ever think about getting a skin base ? Maybe that would help?
02-19-2011, 12:34 PM,
Can you explain the bubble wrap ??
02-19-2011, 04:07 PM,
i haven't tried bubble wrap but i do use saran (plastic) wrap.....this is to get the glue off the lace. You rub the hairpiece across the plastic wrap or mirror ("mirror slide") or bubble wrap and the glue residue comes off the lace and transfers onto the other surface... aluminum fiol also works great...even better than plastic wrap but it costs more. I have a granite counter top that I can just place the plastic wrap on and it sticks fine and doesn't move but with aluminum foil I tear off a sheet and put tape on the top to keep it in place on any hard surface...amaizing how well aluminum foil works...$$ but worth it...especially when dealing with glues like ultra hold.....and, unlike the mirror slide....there is no mirror to clean after...just toss the aluminum foil in the trash
02-19-2011, 04:17 PM,
Some people use antiperspirant on their scalp first than something like scalp protector than you adhesive or tape. I heard this helped some people. You could try that as well

I use a balloon sometimes instead of a mirror or plastic wrap,. I know sounds funny, but has worked pretty well for me and than when ur done u pop it and toss it out. the glue sticks right to the balloon.
02-19-2011, 04:50 PM,
(02-19-2011, 04:07 PM)jeffsxyz Wrote: i haven't tried bubble wrap but i do use saran (plastic) wrap.....this is to get the glue off the lace. You rub the hairpiece across the plastic wrap or mirror ("mirror slide") or bubble wrap and the glue residue comes off the lace and transfers onto the other surface... aluminum fiol also works great...even better than plastic wrap but it costs more. I have a granite counter top that I can just place the plastic wrap on and it sticks fine and doesn't move but with aluminum foil I tear off a sheet and put tape on the top to keep it in place on any hard surface...amaizing how well aluminum foil works...$$ but worth it...especially when dealing with glues like ultra hold.....and, unlike the mirror slide....there is no mirror to clean after...just toss the aluminum foil in the trash