Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
a few questions before first order
02-17-2011, 10:03 AM,
a few questions before first order
i've been browsing this forum for some time now and have gotten alot of information and answers to most of my questions by searching through old posts, however there are a few questions i cant seem to find answers for.

1. my first piece will be stock...1B SFS freestyle 60-65% density. what kind of hairline do these stock pieces come with?

2. since this will be my first piece i've decided to go the "Got2b" route for attachments..it seems to be the easiest for beginners. i was just wondering if this method is alright for shorter cuts?...just a question.

3. as far as i understand the stock system comes with bleached knots already? just a matter of attaching and doing a cut in. correct?

4. i live in a very small community in Canada and was wondering exactly what would be written on the customs slip that is attached to the envelope which the hairpiece comes in. I've read in other threads that written on the envelope itself is just "TL" with a mailing address...this is fine because i have a P.O box, but what i'm worried about is the customs slip. When i used to order Dermatch it always came with a slip that said "Topical shading haircare product". but i can't have something coming here that says "hairpiece" or anything like that.

5. what would be the expected delivery time for a stock piece to Canada?

6. when i am ready to order (which will be in the very near future) how exactly would i order that stock piece...?

sorry for the long post but i am very anxious to get started with this.
02-17-2011, 11:29 AM,
RE: a few questions before first order
I can help with one question. Using got2b glued to attach is fine for any hair style or for short hair. The only thing to keep in mind. Getting the front down sometimes can be tricky. I recommend that you put it on ur skin and let it get a little tacky first before you attach the lace into it. What I do. At the very front center of the hairline I use a little white glue. And the rest got2b. That seems to work for me. But experiment.
02-17-2011, 12:48 PM,
I would say start out with tape instead of got2b as a newbie. I'd want the piece of mind that the piece isn't going to come off.

Start out with supertape or walkers no shine, these are easy to take off. Although if I leave them on for long I get itching.

I generally use Blue liner, as its the strongest tape but if left on too long the clean up takes longer.
02-17-2011, 02:24 PM,
Hi Russ,
Thanks for your questions. Here's your answers:

1. my first piece will be stock...1B SFS freestyle 60-65% density. what kind of hairline do these stock pieces come with?

ALL HAIRLINES ARE GRADUATED ON STOCK PIECES. WE HAVE ONLY A HANDFULL OF CUSTOMERS THAT ORDER A NON-GRADUATED HAIR LINE.

2. since this will be my first piece i've decided to go the "Got2b" route for attachments..it seems to be the easiest for beginners. i was just wondering if this method is alright for shorter cuts?...just a question.

IT'S FINE FOR SHORTER CUTS. GOING WITH G2BG IS A GOOD WAY TO GET THE HANG OF ATTACHING. JUST USE THE G2BG ALONG THE PERIMETER FOR A MODERATE HOLD---LATER YOU CAN COVER THE ENTIRE SCALP FOR A STRONGER HOLD. OF COURSE THE PERIMETER BOND WON'T BE AS STRONG BUT IT'S EASIER TO REMOVE AND PRACTICE BONDING AND PROPERLY ALIGNING THE UNIT.

3. as far as i understand the stock system comes with bleached knots already? just a matter of attaching and doing a cut in. correct?

CORRECT. ALL KNOTS ARE BLEACHED AND ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS TRIM THE BASE ON THE STOCK UNIT TO FIT YOUR BALD AREA (ALL STOCK UNITS ARE 8" X 10"), ATTACH THE UNIT AND HAVE IT STYLED. THE HAIR IS 6" LONG.

4. i live in a very small community in Canada and was wondering exactly what would be written on the customs slip that is attached to the envelope which the hairpiece comes in. I've read in other threads that written on the envelope itself is just "TL" with a mailing address...this is fine because i have a P.O box, but what i'm worried about is the customs slip. When i used to order Dermatch it always came with a slip that said "Topical shading haircare product". but i can't have something coming here that says "hairpiece" or anything like that.

IT WILL SAY 'HEADGEAR' FOR CUSTOMS.

5. what would be the expected delivery time for a stock piece to Canada?

DEPENDING ON WHERE YOU LIVE IN CANADA IT CAN TAKE FROM 3-5 DAYS.

6. when i am ready to order (which will be in the very near future) how exactly would i order that stock piece...?

WE HOPE TO HAVE A PAGE ON THE WEBSITE IN THE NEAR FUTURE FOR STOCK ORDERS. FOR NOW JUST SEND IN YOUR HAIR SAMPLE OR COLOR NUMBER FOR THE STOCK UNIT. IF USING THE COLOR NUMBER JUST SEND IT TO: [email protected]. IF SENDING IN A HAIR SAMPLE PLEASE SEND IT TO THE ADDRESS ON THE WEBSITE. WE WILL SEND YOU AN EMAIL INVOICE AND YOU CAN PAY WITH A CREDI CARD.