Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help please :(
02-15-2011, 04:51 PM,
Help please :(
Hi guys, i attempted my first bond today, i didnt do a good job, i got glue in the front hair line and it looks bad, how do i get the glue out if the hair? ive been playing with it trying to get the glue out and is causing it to lift Sad
02-15-2011, 09:10 PM,
RE: Help please :(
Hi Hairloss.... glue can be/ is very messy if you`re not careful with it...the best thing to do, depending on how `bad`it is/looks, is either de-bond it totally and gently tease the glue out of the hair using lace-release and you could also moisten a cotton pad [the type of thing women use for removing make-up ] with some de-bonder fluid [alcohol] if it`s very messy, and try to `draw`the glue from the hair...this is not great for the hair though, as it dries it......just be careful with your new bond/how you apply/use the glue. If it`s not too bad, just try using the cotton pad on the affected hair itself....some of the fluids will most likely seep through the lace onto your bond, so you`ll probably end up doing a complete removal. You could also [carefully] use a comb with fluid applied along the spine to just draw through the hair...don`t snag the lace with it or you could tear it...... just take your time...it`s not the end of the world but very annoying and messy depending on how much glue is on the hair. Let us know how you get on..... it`s all part of the learning curve mate...you`re not the first and won`t be the last to face this on your first bond..... just `go easy` with it ...it`ll be fine..don`t panic over it ...Paul.
PS..Only apply glue VERY thinly to the skin and allow to cure /go clear before attempting to sit the lace onto it.
02-15-2011, 10:07 PM,
i also did this mistake at the beginning. Use Lacerealease and squeeze it slowly out, make it slowly to prevent shading.

Thats a normal rookie mistake, after some practising it will never happen Smile

And use a pencil to apply the glue.
02-16-2011, 01:51 AM,
1) You NEED to let the glue dry in between coats. At least 2 minutes, or use a hairdryer for 1 minute on medium setting. I use 3 coats of Superstick, and let them dry inbetween coats.

2) Get some bubblewrap, I cannot emphasis this enough, especially for beginners. Get a huge roll from any store or online, make sure the bubbles are not those massive ones, but the average type you get. Then do a bubblewrap slide on the piece.

3) Get some desolvit, soak the piece in some desolvit and water for at least 10mins. Don't this all time, just when you have alot of glue in the piece you can't get out.
02-16-2011, 06:18 AM,
yupp glue is super kitt, butt hell it' s messy stuff.
regards bonding.it can be youre best freind in the wearing game or youre worst enemy.
again yupp its experiance.
i'd say a great tipp is, keep a pen and paper make a note of the time you applied the adhesive
and how long its been on.
its very easy to overestimate& underestimate time.
regards the front hair line,dont use youre fingernails to tease glue off,yeah it works but you cant help but snagg youre scalp with youre nail and if it bleeds.the glue wont adhere to weeping plasma, blood,
and it could take a day for the scalp area to heal and redness to go away.
during this time the glue wont work till its healed, a lesson i learnt.
yeah its a pain i,v been there, and hell you sure appreciate youre hair,and yeah when its good.
and everythings gone to plann, i'd say hell i'm loving it.
do i enjoy my wearing experiance, hell yes, loving it. short of a miracle drugg, its the best option out there.
am i rammbling yeah a bitt, but you do when youre passionette about something and want to share it.