Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Almost7 mos. old system+ Fullcap template Photos
02-14-2011, 07:48 AM,
Almost7 mos. old system+ Fullcap template Photos
Hi guys... I finally got `cracking` a few days ago and started my Fullcap template. To actually fabricate it only took about 40 minutes or so..I was taking my time.. I left excess material on it to allow me to adjust it to the final size.... ignore the black marker ...I only drew that on `roughly` as a kind of guide as to where I reckon I might like the finished article to be..... I `m proposing to follow the Red line now, and if you look at the temple area, I`ve drawn a green line ......I`m going to cut the template to that line so as to add in some recession ........ so there`ll be an `island`of hair jutting out to the front hairline-point. I`ll post some more pics in a few days when I have the finished article ready.... I`ll be showing the ``before`and `after `pics` so I hope they will be of interest. This is my first time going for Fullcap....I`ll be asking your opinions [and expecting good answers!!! lol ] I `ve also added a few pics of my present Topper [you`re probably sick of looking at it by now ..lol] but I had just sprayed in some leave-in conditioner an hour earlier and allowed to dry -in naturally........it kind of `holds`the hair into a look/style which Gels normally do..... the sun was shining in the window, hence the glare on some and it makes the hair look thinner than it actually is..but it shows how the lighter density gives a good optical illusion of growing hair. Paul.
p.s. The conditioner [reasonably priced too] is called ``Enhance conditioner`....go to http://www.ppi.cc..... click on the `conditioners` link on the right-hand side of their home page. Scroll down to the third product ..it`s a green colour liquid. Just under that there is a conditioner called `conditioner 2`... I haven`t used it but it looks interesting.

Attached Files Image(s)

02-14-2011, 08:47 AM,
RE: Almost7 months old system+ Fullcap template Photos
Hey Paul, your template looks good. I think if you adjust it to where the red line is it would be spot on. Can you describe how you made the fullcap template? I tried making one once and it took me a very long time.
02-14-2011, 09:19 AM,
I`ll do a new thread with pics and an explanation in a day or two, drew100......it was very easy really...sometimes with any type of template it can be a bit `hit and miss`..I`ll try to get it done by tuesday....cheers for now.....Paul.
02-14-2011, 10:38 AM,
Are you keeping your temple points?
02-14-2011, 11:45 AM,
(02-14-2011, 10:38 AM)Henry Wrote: Are you keeping your temple points?

I was going to ask the same.
The way the template is now, you're losing the temples.

Fred
02-14-2011, 11:56 AM,
Also, there seems no need to shave that far back into your real hair?
02-14-2011, 08:56 PM,
Hi guys ..... my own hair is just so thin now that I`m left with no choice but to go that `drastic` with it...it looks like the side hair is good but it`s not....when it`s damp or when I get up after sleeping on it, you can see right through it....I`m sick of it to be honest and just want rid of it...I`ll keep the side-burn area .. the pic above is just stage 1 of the template.. I`ll probably finish it today and do a post tomorrow...thanks for the input...I`ll certainly look closely at that area before the `final cut`.. cheers, Paul.
http://s768.photobucket.com/albums/xx325...ideshow%3E
That`s the link to snipe`s pics showing how to make a template, pic by pic. Hope that`s of interest drew100 ! For a full cap, just do as shown, but to come down further at the back, just place a piece of wrap length-ways, from front hairline to nape and tape it on ... Paul.
02-14-2011, 11:58 PM,
Mate, I would kill for the hair you have left and younger.

I've tried the fullcap. But you know what makes the hair look realistic? when you can see through it, when it starts to shed. In my honest opinion, try dermmatch...use freeze hold hairspray not water when using the applicator brush. When doing it this way you do not get concealer on your hands when brushing it.

Fullcaps are a pain in the ass.

1) They cost more
2) You need more tape and glue
3) You will get itching at the nape
4) The nape is hard to stick down, and it feels like you have to turn your whole head. It doesn't feel natural.
5) You can get unplanned shedding at any spot. When this happens you will have to use concealer anyway! oh the irony lol.
6) You have more edges to keep down
7) You can feel a scratchy sound when you scratch your head.
8) In hot temperatures, its a nightmare.
9) You can not buzz or fade the back.

Having said, fullcaps are a last resort. Simply because they take away from freedom. Sure they can look great. I've had more compliments when I wore a fullcap than when I wore a smaller piece. But the piece looks more natural. You at least need a strip of hair at the back, and even the tiniest of your own temple points would make the 3/4 cap incredible.

Temple points are vital, I would go as far as saying, they are everything. How dense they are, and how they are ventillated, they need to be thin and ventillated going backwards. People like JRob thin these areas...so if you have your own hair there, you already have an advantage.
02-15-2011, 12:59 AM,
Hi Henry ... I`ve taken a few pics now of what I propose to do...I have to go out for the afternoon, but I`ll get them posted tomorrow.. I do appreciate your in-put and I `m open to all observations/ suggestions...like anything in life, I guess there are ups/downs--- I can and will take all `pointers`into consideration before I send in the Template... I actually have a topper on order, so I`m in no hurry with the fullcap.....I`ll see how the new topper looks at the back [which is my main thin area] as I have asked John to add a bit more density there... have a look at the post I do tomorrow as I really am keen to take all points of view into consideration...cheers... Paul.
02-15-2011, 04:29 AM,
No worries. I will go 3/4 cap at some point in the future.

But until you wear a fullcap, a person doesn't know what it really involves. I did, and came back from it. I learnt that the more scalp was exposed and shed, the more realistic it looked. So I thought, I can have the same look with my own hair and less hassle lol. And that you couldn't control where the piece shed, but on your real hair you can control where you put concealer. If you are open about wearing a fullcap, ie you don't mind anyone seeing you completely bald, like one day you go to the shops bald and the next you go with hair. Then it won't bother you.

But I'm still young and want to have a dating life. The paradox here is that, a heavy density fullcap works wonders on younger guys, even heavy density in the back makes it hard to feel with a long style.

But growing your own hair back under a fullcap is a nightmare. It took me around 3-4months, and I had to start using red liner tape, and the itching was intense. With these long delivery times, its a good idea to always have a fullcap stored away somewhere.