Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to make hair new
02-14-2011, 12:47 AM,
How to make hair new
What's the best products to use to get wig hair to feel and "fall" like it does when it's new? Always after about a week or so the hair looses that feel and so far any conditioner or silicone serum Iv tried jsut cant compare to what the manufacturers use on them. Iv tried that blue max and even it doesn't work. The hair always seems to feel like it has "product" in the hair. If I run my hands through it or tease it the hair stays like that. It doesn't fall like brand new Sad
02-14-2011, 04:20 AM,
RE: How to make hair new
Hi anubi5... can you be more specific on your `routine`? It sounds to me like maybe you`re using gels etc. and maybe not washing them out properly ---- I`m not a big fan of products such as those for the reason of what you are experiencing now. I know other guys use them all the time .... I can only tell you what works well for me..... I actually took a few pics today of my system almost at the end of it`s 7th month of wear.... I`ll post a few later this evening.... but I only washed it about 6 times in that space of time... I use a spray leave-in conditioner and mist it nightly with plain water...... When I do wash it [as you`ll have read in a thread I did a while back regarding ``Remysoft` care - products] I use the Remysoft 3 -stage `system` and this hair is in a nice soft `healthy`condition.... what you must remember too is that the factory uses a silicone product on the hair which keeps it tangle-free and gives a shine/soft feel to the hair ....that will naturally wear off in use... however what you describe sounds [to me anyway] like some kind of product build-up. You mentioned the Blue max ----that is ``step 3 ``of the Remysoft range... it`s really designed to be the `finishing`touch having first shampooed/conditioned with that particular range. Give us a bit more detail on your `routine` etc. Cheers for now... Paul.
02-14-2011, 10:56 AM,
(02-14-2011, 04:20 AM)Paul In Ireland Wrote: Hi anubi5... can you be more specific on your `routine`? It sounds to me like maybe you`re using gels etc. and maybe not washing them out properly ---- I`m not a big fan of products such as those for the reason of what you are experiencing now. I know other guys use them all the time .... I can only tell you what works well for me..... I actually took a few pics today of my system almost at the end of it`s 7th month of wear.... I`ll post a few later this evening.... but I only washed it about 6 times in that space of time... I use a spray leave-in conditioner and mist it nightly with plain water...... When I do wash it [as you`ll have read in a thread I did a while back regarding ``Remysoft` care - products] I use the Remysoft 3 -stage `system` and this hair is in a nice soft `healthy`condition.... what you must remember too is that the factory uses a silicone product on the hair which keeps it tangle-free and gives a shine/soft feel to the hair ....that will naturally wear off in use... however what you describe sounds [to me anyway] like some kind of product build-up. You mentioned the Blue max ----that is ``step 3 ``of the Remysoft range... it`s really designed to be the `finishing`touch having first shampooed/conditioned with that particular range. Give us a bit more detail on your `routine` etc. Cheers for now... Paul.

Iv tried all different routines like only washing with water during the week and using a bit of shampoo and conditioner once a week. Or just using conditioner daily and soaking in warm water only for a while at end of the week. Tried different temperatures of water. Tried many different brands of silicone serums including the blue max Tried shampoos and conditioners of a few different brands, pantene is one of them (which has the reputation for having a higher concentration of silicone in it's products) Tried shampoos and conditioners that have the same ingredients as the remi stuff, nothing special in it except for a lot of ingredients that are simply there to glorify the product, most of it just rinses out with water. So far nothing seems to restore the hair to what it used to be where if you run your hands through it wet or dry and hold it up and let it go it falls back to where it was, now it just stays up and you have to comb it down or shake your head.
02-14-2011, 10:59 AM,
Can you post pictures of your hair? Blur out your face etc.

Pics help 100% more than words.
02-14-2011, 01:55 PM,
(02-14-2011, 10:59 AM)Henry Wrote: Can you post pictures of your hair? Blur out your face etc.

Pics help 100% more than words.

Pictures wont show the issue, the problem is to do with feel.
02-14-2011, 02:22 PM,
This is an age long issue. "Photos" certainly won't show the issue. The only thing that even comes close to fixing the issue has been to use a system specific leave in spray conditioner that I use every day. It helps but not enough to get that brand new feel.
02-14-2011, 02:23 PM,
Is it a fullcap/stock or partial?

Maybe try using purified water.

Does this happen when out in the wind etc? Without seeing any pictures, my gut instinct is that you are worrying too much over it. Or try researching lace wigs worn by women, they generally wear fullcaps and having the hair in perfect condition is important to them, see what products they have listed on their websites and give that a shot.
02-14-2011, 02:35 PM,
(02-14-2011, 02:22 PM)Unhairy1 Wrote: This is an age long issue. "Photos" certainly won't show the issue. The only thing that even comes close to fixing the issue has been to use a system specific leave in spray conditioner that I use every day. It helps but not enough to get that brand new feel.

Finding an affordable brand that works without creating a "hold" result or one that weighs it down and makes it feel wet is hard.
02-14-2011, 09:32 PM,
Hi again... I understand your frustration... you said you tried various shampoos/conditioners and they have the same ingredients as the Remysoft...I`m not being `picky`with you [ I respect your views as expressed fully] but have you actually used the Remysoft shampoo and conditioner ? I `m not here to endorse any particular product over another.....but things like Pantene etc. are not specifically formulated for system hair as such [I`m sure they are perfectly good products too ] but system hair has to be treated more gently than growing hair...it has no natural oils/lubricants etc. as you know, so any type of `washing`will remove what little it does have. Dryness is a major culprit too. I know [and have said it before] that Remysoft is `pricey` compared to a 5$ bottle of shop shampoo, but it is made specifically for system hair...also, Debbie has shampoo products too...I haven`t actually looked at them closely or priced them , but anything she sells will be good too...have a look there. In general guys, I`d advise any wearer , especially new wearers, to avoid `off the shelf`products, unless recommended by other wearers...you could be storing up problems by using them. Also, there may be substances in the water in your area..... you may be in a `hard`water area, or chemicals added to the water could be a factor. This is only a suggestion....try bringing a few saucepans of water to the boil, and filling them into a reasonably large bucket...allow to stand for a day or two and use that water to wash the hair with [ you can always re-heat some to lukewarm] ..it may be a bit laborious/not practical for you, but it might be worth a try.The leave-in conditioner I use is available from http://www.ppi.cc...... just click on `conditioners`on the right and you`ll see ``Enhance`[it`s a green bottle/liquid] and is reasonably -priced too. You`ll never get hair to the same condition as when you first took it out of the package, but neither should it go to the stage where it`s condition is annoying you. Paul.
02-14-2011, 11:41 PM,
(02-14-2011, 09:32 PM)Paul In Ireland Wrote: Hi again... I understand your frustration... you said you tried various shampoos/conditioners and they have the same ingredients as the Remysoft...I`m not being `picky`with you [ I respect your views as expressed fully] but have you actually used the Remysoft shampoo and conditioner ? I `m not here to endorse any particular product over another.....but things like Pantene etc. are not specifically formulated for system hair as such [I`m sure they are perfectly good products too ] but system hair has to be treated more gently than growing hair...it has no natural oils/lubricants etc. as you know, so any type of `washing`will remove what little it does have. Dryness is a major culprit too. I know [and have said it before] that Remysoft is `pricey` compared to a 5$ bottle of shop shampoo, but it is made specifically for system hair...also, Debbie has shampoo products too...I haven`t actually looked at them closely or priced them , but anything she sells will be good too...have a look there. In general guys, I`d advise any wearer , especially new wearers, to avoid `off the shelf`products, unless recommended by other wearers...you could be storing up problems by using them. Also, there may be substances in the water in your area..... you may be in a `hard`water area, or chemicals added to the water could be a factor. This is only a suggestion....try bringing a few saucepans of water to the boil, and filling them into a reasonably large bucket...allow to stand for a day or two and use that water to wash the hair with [ you can always re-heat some to lukewarm] ..it may be a bit laborious/not practical for you, but it might be worth a try.The leave-in conditioner I use is available from http://www.ppi.cc...... just click on `conditioners`on the right and you`ll see ``Enhance`[it`s a green bottle/liquid] and is reasonably -priced too. You`ll never get hair to the same condition as when you first took it out of the package, but neither should it go to the stage where it`s condition is annoying you. Paul.

I cant get ppi cos they charge 40 bux just to ship one bottle. I bought some nake protein leave in conditioner today and once again it jsut gives my hair that feeling that it has some product in it and if I tease my hair with hands it holds that "mess" and doesn't fall back down into a normal style. I called them to complain cos I asked for something that wouldn't do that and they told me i have to apply it to wet hair, which I then tried and it did no difference. Another 20 bux wasted.