Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Supplies for two small partials
02-13-2011, 09:23 AM,
Supplies for two small partials
Hey everyone,

I ordered a stock unit a week ago to make small partials out of, and in anticipation of this I need to get some supplies to stick them and remove them from my head!

I plan on just following the link on the Toplace website and buying stuff from them. What does everyone suggest? I am assuming glue, since the pieces will be small (2 square inches each or so), but what kind of glue?

Also which product(s) should I buy for removal and cleaning. Brand names would be appreciated so I know exactly which ones you are talking about.

Thanks!
02-13-2011, 08:23 PM,
RE: Supplies for two small partials
Hi jb12487..as you say, glue will be best for you as they are only small pieces. Debbie`s site has pics of the various ones plus an explanation on the strengths/likely bond-duration of each, alongside. I guess Ultrahold or Ghostbond are the 2 strongest.Get a bottle of `Knot-sealer` also [that`s there on her site under the `accessories`] You`ll need `Lace-release` and `Pure` adhesive remover. She also has hair-care products so you might like to get some shampoos etc.
Best wishes.. Paul.
02-14-2011, 02:20 AM,
I still have plenty of my own hair left but hate my receeding hairline so I'm considering using partials, I'd really appreciate it if you could post a pic when you start wearing.
02-14-2011, 06:33 AM,
(02-14-2011, 02:20 AM)Dave83 Wrote: I still have plenty of my own hair left but hate my receeding hairline so I'm considering using partials, I'd really appreciate it if you could post a pic when you start wearing.

Will do!
02-18-2011, 04:17 AM,
(02-14-2011, 02:20 AM)Dave83 Wrote: I still have plenty of my own hair left but hate my receeding hairline so I'm considering using partials, I'd really appreciate it if you could post a pic when you start wearing.

i have one now and it's changed my life. DEF do it. i just have a receding hairline and my piece is wonderful for bangs.
02-18-2011, 06:46 AM,
Well there is no definitive answer because everyone uses different things with varying success. I would say getting something like oil resistant white glue or something similar would be a safe bet. I would also get a solvent, to me they are all the same, but a basic citrus solvent would help. in case u have trouble cleaning the glue off ur lace, u rub some of the solvent onto it and let it soak in, than do a mirror slide and it should all come right off.

I would get a headband or something put around ur head when u are removing. U don't want alcohol to drip into your eyes. Of course 91-99 percent alcohol for detaching. I would also maybe pick up some tape too just for the hell of it, U might like using it better u never know. maybe u could pick up blue tape for those times u need a strong bond.

I like to have a little dermmatch with me. Its a concealer and in cause u dont line up your unit right of ur having a little trouble in certain areas blending, it can help out and u could do little touch ups with it.

That should be enough to get u started. Than just experiment on your own to narrow down what works for you.
02-18-2011, 07:25 AM,
(02-18-2011, 04:17 AM)Arctic_Humbug Wrote:

i have one now and it's changed my life. DEF do it. i just have a receding hairline and my piece is wonderful for bangs.

Excellent, really glad to hear it has worked for you! Any chance of posting before/after pics?