Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ripple French Lace
02-17-2011, 03:14 PM,
RE: Ripple French Lace
I started getting ripples lately myself---but with Swiss lace. I never had this happen in all my dozens of previous lace units. I adjust by using a combdown style, but it's not my preference. I wonder what has changed in the construction of these units.
02-17-2011, 09:24 PM,
Ripples always indicate that the curvature of the piece doesn't fit the curvature of the head. Buy a new piece custom made according to your head template or try to put in some darts/pleats on your own.
02-19-2011, 10:21 AM,
In my case, I have been using the same template time after time with a perfectly laying hairline. But this last time, I have had the same ripples that Reubin showed in his photos. I am thinking the factory recently started doing something different. Maybe a new, less experienced person making the bases? John, could you check into this? It seems coincidental that more than one person has had this problem.
02-19-2011, 12:23 PM,
Its on the other forum too , there are dozens of people complaining about it. Looking back over 10 years I don't rememeber having this issue before either.
02-19-2011, 04:54 PM,
Reubin and I both mentioned it on the other forum, but my unit is from the Toplace factory (not a BA unit). I don't know about Reubin's.
02-20-2011, 04:52 AM,
I have a french lace from the Korean and I have ripples at the front hairline that I can't get to lie flat but i think I may have had this problem with all french laces. It was suppose to be SFS for front hairline. Three Koreans all came back with the wrong specs.
02-20-2011, 05:14 AM,
It`s also possible that it`s not actually a manufacturing flaw, as in it not being made to the template-shape, or a `new`worker doing something wrong.... it might be a flaw in a batch of material [lace] supplied to the factory...just a thought.. Paul.
02-20-2011, 09:13 AM,
The issue is obvious now - it's like trying to mold a sheet of paper from your printer to conform all the way around on the top/outside part of your template - ripples are un avoidable as a flat object is being molded around a curve. Even thin paper like tissue paper would yield the same results.

The question is why only recently and not before? My head is still the same shape and the tamplate is the same.
02-20-2011, 12:19 PM,
(02-20-2011, 09:13 AM)reubin Wrote: The issue is obvious now - it's like trying to mold a sheet of paper from your printer to conform all the way around on the top/outside part of your template - ripples are un avoidable as a flat object is being molded around a curve. Even thin paper like tissue paper would yield the same results.

The question is why only recently and not before? My head is still the same shape and the tamplate is the same.

havent read the whole thread but i used to have a ripple effect. not anymore. i use SFS front. The problem was with applying the wrong glue and not applying enough glue.

I now use Ultrahold, and enough of it so that the base falls sinks in it, not a lot that it would get in the hair though.
02-22-2011, 04:17 PM,
I had a problems with french lace buckling at the hairline until I started trimming the lace right up to the hairline. Problem solved. Never had problems with swiss even with excess lace in the front.