Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ripple French Lace
02-11-2011, 03:05 AM,
Ripple French Lace
I get the ripple quite frequently after applying the French Lace. I try not to use SFS as if falls apart on me after the second attachment so I have been ordering just the French. (The old SFS was sturdier)

Are there any tips in combatting this phenomenon? I use 3-mil CC contour up front.

I thought it was caused by stretching when attaching but even if I just lay it flat and gently attach I still get it.

I thought it was because the lace is flat no shape or curve, but when I dry the unit on a styrofoam head it riples there as well. i don't think there is all that much curve

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

[Image: 2938239.jpg]

[Image: 2a0hvdk.jpg]
02-11-2011, 06:53 AM,
RE: Ripple French Lace
Hi Reubin.. I thought you used to wear the I-lace `island`systems ? When did you change over to French lace? Can`t say I `ve ever seen this issue as your pics show..must be annoying though. Paul.
02-11-2011, 11:46 AM,
(02-11-2011, 06:53 AM)Paul In Ireland Wrote: Hi Reubin.. I thought you used to wear the I-lace `island`systems ? When did you change over to French lace? Can`t say I `ve ever seen this issue as your pics show..must be annoying though. Paul.

How, exactly, are you attaching the 3mil "tape" ?

Fred
02-11-2011, 11:59 AM,
Guys I am in a rush and my answers may not be very complete:

Stealth, I stick the tape on the front just like MB's video, just I like I have for two years since I switched to all tape no glue, just like when the front lace was SFS. Sorry if this is vague.

Paul: It is an I-Lace Island - I used to wear them with the lace being SFS and lately I have switched to French - but is it still I-Lace in the Island - there is always a choice of lace all the way around (Non Island area). I only ever wear I Lace islands going on 4-5 years.
By the way it seems I've always had this issue more or less with French due to its thickness.
02-11-2011, 12:01 PM,
I have the same problem you have with french lace but I don't get any ripples with SFS. The hairline is too hard, needs to be more graduated and staggered.
02-11-2011, 09:02 PM,
Hi Reubin... I was thinking that all right just after I posed the question...... that you simply ordered French perimeter rather than Swiss......I guess a narrow-ish strip of Swiss all around would be `weak`and tend to rip etc. Pure guess/speculation here now on my part........ have you washed the system or is it brand new ? Because I`m just wondering if the material has somehow become slightly stretched/enlarged by absorbing moisture ? This is a pure `shot in the dark` on my part..but if the thing won`t `sit`down properly and has those ripples... it`s a bit like there`s too much material, if you like.... I may be `way off`..it`s just a guess ? Paul.
02-16-2011, 08:48 AM,
Thanks Paul for your response. I usually just choose one lace for the perimeter which lately has been French as the SFS does not last long at all. For a while it was always SFS all the way around - up until about a year, year and a half ago. The SFS had been falling apart on me on the second attachment.

That being said, stretched, enlarged by moisture could be the case - here are photos of the base from a few mins ago -although it has a curve to it there seems to be little ripples although it just came off my head and has not been washed or anything.

The bottom line is it is as if you had to shape a piece of paper over the outside top of your template. There would need to be darts all the way around in order for every edge to be totally flush all the way around.

Maybe there is a stronger SFS out these days?

[Image: 2hhkqs2.jpg]

[Image: 21jvbt3.jpg]
02-16-2011, 10:03 AM,
Hi Reubin...is it only at the front or is it all around the perimeter? If front only, then that would indicate it`s a manufacturing issue..... possibly a few more darts required. If it`s all the way around, well it`s to do with the fabric itself, I reckon. Paul.
02-17-2011, 05:51 AM,
That pc simply does not have enough curvature at the front hairline. It is too flat. I wonder why it would be manufactured that way?

If it had the correct amount of curvature to really hug the forehead (even too much curvature would be nice to work with)....those ripples would not be there.

Why is it made that way?
02-17-2011, 02:18 PM,
I just think my head does not like French - When I used to wear all Lace (no I-Lace Island) I tried French a few times and had similar situations usually lift up front as the thicker French wants to be flat.

I think it's time to back to SFS on the perimeter.