Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cutting down a lace or skin base to fit
02-10-2011, 04:55 AM,
Cutting down a lace or skin base to fit
If the base is too large for your balding area, what is the best way to cut it down WITHOUT cutting the hair you want to keep uncut on the top side?

Would the technique be the same for a thin skin as for a lace base?

I cut one new stock unit once with a razor and thought I did it right. My bald area is kind of narrow, 4" X 9 5/8. My stylist told me when I took it for the cut-in " Wow, you didn't leave me enough hair on the sides for a good cut-in."

Because the unit was so narrow, there wasn't a whole lot of hair on the sides.

Could anyone advise me on this?

Thanks!

Jimmy
02-10-2011, 05:16 AM,
RE: Cutting down a lace or skin base to fit
Hi Jimmy..why not just make a template of your thin area ? It sounds to me that with such a narrow strip requiring coverage, you`re going to really have to cut any system down drastically [I wouldn`t advise cutting any type of base other than lace] By the sounds of it you`re literally halving the original size which will lead to various issues... If I were you, I`d simply send in a template of the size you require and get a nice comfy fit/blend. Regards, Paul.
02-10-2011, 06:33 AM,
(02-10-2011, 05:16 AM)Paul In Ireland Wrote: Hi Jimmy..why not just make a template of your thin area ? It sounds to me that with such a narrow strip requiring coverage, you`re going to really have to cut any system down drastically [I wouldn`t advise cutting any type of base other than lace] By the sounds of it you`re literally halving the original size which will lead to various issues... If I were you, I`d simply send in a template of the size you require and get a nice comfy fit/blend. Regards, Paul.

Thank you Paul!

I may have to do that. I was trying to save a "nickle" and also quicker delievey

Jimmy
02-10-2011, 07:17 AM,
Just take a box cutter or very sharp razor and cut on the under side of the lace. u could make a template and than put it up against the unit and cut what u need using a razor.
02-10-2011, 07:36 AM,
I have a video in the info link sticky...