Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transplants + hair systems
02-09-2011, 08:38 AM,
Transplants + hair systems
I remember there was a couple of guys who got a hairline transplanted. Are there any people in here who have a transplanted frontal hairline and wear their unit behind it? I mean the idea sounds like a good one, yet you hardly ever hear of it. I def wouldn't rely on hair transplants to get all of your hair back, I think it sucks for that. But maybe it is good for just small areas? If i were to get transplants, I probably would get them to make wearing a hair system easier. Like improving side and back hair, and giving yourself a hairline, than u only have to wear a small circular unit at the top center of ur head. U could wear a small skin unit with tape and not have to fuss with it. It just sounds so much easier to deal with. How come there aren't any rich people here who have done something like this. Are transplants that unpractical? That is not even worth the bother?
02-09-2011, 11:24 AM,
RE: Transplants + hair systems
It may or may not help, as I have considered it for a number of years. But its a risk...alot of money spent, and a year of your life taken up waiting for the hair to grow. Even then it may be wispy, especially at the hairline. It may be more fuss, trying to match the texture and lining it up exactly etc, and as your hair begins to degrade, more surgery will be needed.
02-10-2011, 07:20 AM,
So you are saying transplants are THAT bad still?? That they couldn't even give us a good hairline? Thats pretty pathetic than. Yeah as far as money goes, I don't have the money for it, but I am sure there are people here that have the money. All your points made sense. I just figured if they were able to give a good hairline or improve side and back hair so the unit could be very small. That would be really easy. Just to wear a very small all skin unit on the top of ur head.
02-10-2011, 07:34 AM,
I've seen it done,where the guy had about an inch hairline and his side temple points with the piece on top.
I must admit it looked brilliant, especially the hairline, which if i remember correctly was a FUE transplant.
As for the transition of his hair and the piece i would say that he also had that down to a tee.
He did comment that it was a lot easier wearing as he didn't have any lifting problems to contend with and also styling was a lot easier also,especially at the front.
I myself would go down that route,more so for the sides,using body and head hair but alas i don't have that kind of cash sadly!!!
My advice would be if you have the cash then go for it!!
02-10-2011, 07:55 AM,
What about having to take meds?
02-11-2011, 07:17 AM,
I don't have the money, I am just being hypothetical, and wondering why I haven't seen it more often. As far as meds, I have no idea. my guess is they probably tell you to take the meds to increase the hair growth or whatever of the transplants. That is something I really wouldn't want to do. Take meds for a small hairline.
02-11-2011, 11:24 PM,
you only need the meds to store your non transplanted hair. SO with a piece you dont need the drugs. The transplanted hair will stay there for ever, because the DHT is not affecting them.

I like the idea but i also dont have the money and time for this sollution (you need a year to let the hairline grow. And i dont know how you could cover the hairline for a whole year.)
02-13-2011, 04:45 AM,
I've heard some real horror stories about transplants. A lot depends on the skill of the surgeon. A lot of time the transplants don't 'take.' And many times the donor area is not sufficient to cover the bald area. It's expensive and risky. And the results aren't guaranteed.
John
02-13-2011, 04:47 AM,
Having said that, I would get the temples done in the future.
02-14-2011, 02:18 AM,
As I have mentioned before on this board and others, in my opinion the ultimate solution for hair loss for alot of men would be a very small hair transplant which fills in the side hair up to the temporal point. This prevents the Mr Burns wide head look that we get when going bald and would allow a topper to be worn in such a way that the temporal points would blend perfectly.