Hello There, Guest! Register

Poll: Can you feel it?
Not at all, or hardly ever - just like real hair.
Sometimes I can feel it's not the real thing..
I can feel there's something unnatural on my head quite often.
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How does it feel?
02-08-2011, 01:49 AM,
How does it feel?
Before I decide, I’d like to educate myself on the subject and I found contradictory posts on this forum relating to the sensation itself.

Speaking of French and SWS - how does it feel wearing it? When you work, run, sleep, workout. Can you feel it? Are you aware it’s there or do you forget about it entirely between reapplications cause it feels just like real hair?
02-08-2011, 03:02 AM,
RE: How does it feel?
(02-08-2011, 01:49 AM)Val Wrote: Before I decide, I’d like to educate myself on the subject and I found contradictory posts on this forum relating to the sensation itself.

Speaking of French and SWS - how does it feel wearing it? When you work, run, sleep, workout. Can you feel it? Are you aware it’s there or do you forget about it entirely between reapplications cause it feels just like real hair?

I've got french lace and only been wearing for 3 weeks.

Look, I'm not going to say you can't not feel it at all. Because that would be wrong.

However, it sort of becomes second nature. I can feel it when I put my head on a pillow in certain positions. I can also slightly feel the bond around the perimeter of the piece.

But the feel is not something I would base your decision to wear. I forget its there, it certainly does not inhibit me at all and I barely feel anything at all.

P.S. I've gone to the gym with it and no issues at all.
02-08-2011, 05:38 AM,
Hi snell...... you`re getting on grand now...well done, as I know you had a lot of worries/concerns etc....you persevered and I`m sure you`re pleased now.
To the original question posed.. [ I`m not being `smart`with you now...] you won`t feel the hair with your scalp, only with your hands, as it`s the base-material which is in contact with your skin.... French lace is a slightly `sturdier`material than Swiss lace so it`s possibly why snell can feel it on lying down.... I`m wearing Swiss and it`s no different than laying a cotton handkerchief on my scalp --can feel it/am aware of it for maybe 2 minutes and then ...nothing...don`t even think about it ... hope that helps.. Paul.
02-08-2011, 05:47 AM,
I always wear all Swiss with full head bond(Ghost Bond) and i can honestly say i feel nothing there ever!
Even when i run my fingers through my hair it feels just like my own natural hair and it can be a struggle to find the edge at times for my De/Re.
02-08-2011, 08:45 PM,
Thanks for the replies. You mentioned you run your fingers through your hair on Swiss. Can you then feel the base with your fingertips?

Do you think it's worth going for Swiss the first time, or French is definitely the way to start with? And how does front visibility(detectability) compare between the two?
02-09-2011, 12:59 AM,
(02-08-2011, 08:45 PM)Val Wrote: Thanks for the replies. You mentioned you run your fingers through your hair on Swiss. Can you then feel the base with your fingertips?

Do you think it's worth going for Swiss the first time, or French is definitely the way to start with? And how does front visibility(detectability) compare between the two?

You can feel Swiss. Barely. It's almost like rough skin. French lace is more detectable, but it is MUCH stronger. You stand a good chance of ruining a swiss lace piece, the first time around. Secondly, french is a lot easier to handle, and apply. Swiss lace is so thin, often you can't even see the stuff when trying to glue down your hair line.

I still wear french lace, after 7years. I wear a brush down style, and it's a LOT easier to maintain all around.
02-09-2011, 03:07 AM,
I honestly wouldn`t agree with that assertion [you`ll ruin swiss lace first time] ..yes it`s light but I`m still wearing a system that`s a full 6 months in daily wear. Having said that, my feeling is that because I have a poly perimeter, it `seals`the edge of the lace and prevents tearing or possible fraying of the edges...... the front is just lace and it has never ripped/frayed..... I don`t mean to sound like I`m trying to rubbish your post ..I`m just giving my actual experience.. maybe your experience has been different to mine..after all--that`s the whole idea of the forum...to swap and exchange ideas and experiences.... I just think a bit of common-sense needs to be used in bonding/de-bonding Swiss lace...yes it`s `light`but there need be no `worries`with it if you treat it with a bit of care. Cheers... Paul.
02-10-2011, 08:45 AM,
I wear all sfs with all tape.

Can't feel a thing. Units last about 6 months for me.
02-10-2011, 09:01 AM,
(02-08-2011, 08:45 PM)Val Wrote: Thanks for the replies. You mentioned you run your fingers through your hair on Swiss. Can you then feel the base with your fingertips?

No i can't feel it,maybe because i do a full adhesive head bond?
I would say go for Swiss first time no problem.
It is not as fragile as some would lead you to believe,yes more fragile than French,but if you take care of it you won't go far wrong IMHO.
02-10-2011, 12:39 PM,
Snipe what density do you use?