Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
partial ??? (Pics)
02-06-2011, 10:02 AM,
partial ??? (Pics)
I am very new to this so any help would be greatly appreciated!

so heres the thing, I am only 19 years old and my hairline is receding very badly in the temple areas.. I understand that I could prolly conceal it for another couple of years however the thing is I feel like if i just make the transition now it will be much smoother given the lesser amount of desperation....

My goal is to only fill in the temple region with 2 triangle type shapes... (Partials).. unfortunately I know very little about hairpieces... I see that this website will make partial units however they cost the same as a whole unit.. so common sense tells me to buy a full unit and cut out the shapes my self? this way even if i mess up I can just cut out more pieces... is this a viable possibility for me? also what advice would you give me as far as how to cut the lace, what type of style to ask for, and which type of glue to use seeing as how small the units are?

I really appreciate the advice
02-06-2011, 11:55 AM,
RE: partial ???
Hey Michael, I just posted a thread asking pretty much the same question.I got some pretty good responses that might help you as well. The link is http://www.forum.toplace.com/showthread.php?tid=4219. Like you, I also started noticing hair loss at 19 and I did end up choosing to conceal it with suitable comb-down hairstyles and concealer. At 23, I have a hairline that is very receded and I am thinking of filling it in. Although it is possible to do triangle points at the temples, it seems to me like it would be very flimsy and prone to lifting. It depends on how much recession you have though
02-06-2011, 12:03 PM,
thanks a lot for the response! yeah I think I may give it a shot.. let me know how your situation turns out! looking at your pictures we have pretty much the same hairline
but yeah, what i was thinking in regards to the flimsiness.. If they do lift/break down a little quicker than the full cap, we could always just de/re much more frequently right? seeing as I have would a full hairpiece to make new partials out of.. maybe the extra maintenance would be worth it to keep the majority of our hair! Idk, im just nervous about going full since like you I have so much hair everywhere else besides the temples.
02-06-2011, 09:20 PM,
Hi Michael.. can you post a pic[blank out the eye -area for privacy if you wish] so we can see your own hair-density and the direction in which your hair lies ? If they are relatively small areas to be covered, you might be better to get French lace as base material as it`s more robust than Swiss but it`s more detectable to touch [ it`s a slightly `heavier`material] and possibly not as invisible as Swiss.. maybe someone who wears French can confirm that particular point. With the strong glues available I can see no reason for any worries about it lifting ..do you wear long or short hair ? I`d just like to see your front hairline too in order to say go for a full -front partial or two separate ones for each temple... you can easily get `sorted -out` and it`s a good thing to take action now as once the recession begins..you know the inevitable reverse-march is unstoppable ! I held onto most of mine until my early 30s or so, and even then I really hated the sight of so much hair being lost in the shower etc. .....can really freak you out, so I reckon it`s more stressful the younger you are. Thankfully with the new materials etc. we can comfortably `deal`with this hindrance to our appearance and self -confidence.Best wishes, Paul.
02-07-2011, 02:29 PM,
Hi Michael,
Here's an example of a template for a partial piece that fills in temple recession and brings the hair line forward. You can make a temple with more coverage in the temple area and less on the hair line. We can make anything that you design.
Regards,
John
http://toplace.com/

Attached Files Image(s)

02-07-2011, 09:09 PM,
I think John meant to say ``You can make a template with more coverage etc. etc. `` [just in case of confusion] Paul.
02-08-2011, 03:06 AM,
Again, this is only my opinion, and it is different to most other's.

I too had the receded hairline - and thick hair elsewhere.

I have gone for a full topper i.e. the whole top of my head is covered by the base.

Why do you ask?

Because I feel having small units where the recession is makes it very difficult to achieve proper blending. It may be able to be done, but I believe it creates a large amount of work and you need to get things completely right.

My opinion is if you're going to wear, take away all the unneccessary hassles and just shave the whole top of the head.

Only my opinion, but that's what I do.
02-08-2011, 07:30 PM,
thanks for all the advice everyone! i've attached a couple pics.. one of them is me a few years back, before hairloss (desired goal).. the other is a current one which shows the recession area.. any advice would be great!
4ish years ago
the old one is much smaller for some reason

Attached Files Image(s)

02-08-2011, 07:55 PM,
I'd say use 2 small partials for the corners. It would be a shame to shave off that thick hairline. With a messy hairstyle you can get away with it.

When that hairline starts to receed, then go for a larger partial and then eventually a topper.
02-08-2011, 08:48 PM,
Hi Michael ... a picture paints a thousand words, as the old saying goes... that front `tuft`of hair there looks strong so as Henry
said, I`d leave that in place but what you could do is shave a `path`behind it left/right and have your two temple `triangles` joined
with a strip so it will be all one piece.... probably order `freestyle` as you can `play`around with it or else you can have it lying forward by specifying forward ventilation. Density --maybe 60% or so [Toplace densities are on the `high`side ..a 60% is equivalent to 80% on `other` hair systems] It`s actually quite surprising how your hair has thinned there as it really looks like it would stay good all your life with no bothers at all .....still, you`re doing the right thing in seeking a remedy now. Enclose that pic too with your order --it will really help the factory to supply what you want/need...very best regards, Paul.